• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Be honest....

Saying we are aiming for 4th and then having it suddenly not be good enough because we are 3rd is ridiculous.

Saying we are aiming for 4th, playing the best football in decades and having the manager and players talking about titles, then capitulating and coming 4th while excusing it because 8months ago that was the target is even more ridiculous.

You dont just brush it off. What if we were top by 10 points, and threw that away? Is 4th ok? Thats what we said in August after all...?

Our target changed, and despite the season being great so far, this blip needs to be dealt with by time we play Stoke. People point to the fact that if the results were spread out over the season no one would care....but they are not are they, they are over the space of a month, in succession.

10pts became 1pt, and achieving our initial target will in fact be the bear minimum and for me, have a hint of failure about it, born out the massive capitulation it will take to finish below 3rd at this stage.

I also believe we are the third best team in the country, not that far from the other two, which makes it even worse.

Last edited:
Football is a game played on a razors edge

In a game we have ten shots and so do they

If 4 of our shots go in we are hailed as world beaters, and vice versa

There IS a middle ground you know, we are good but not the best, just like we were 3 months ago

i cant really disagree with much you've said there the way you put it out, but i cant help but feel that the mass aggressive swicth to our club and players has come off the back of some bad results you know

i too am worried and yes after flying so high , suddenly crashing feels disappointing but i dont think from the perspective i've had in the past of how tottenham have been that i would be too upset if we gave 3rd to arsenal as long as 4th becomes ours you know.

one other thing, i also think that alot of the panic and anger comes about cause us tottenham fans have realy been giving it large to scum fans for some time...and now we could end up with some serious egg on our faces. very embarrasing for those that have done it

its tough time for us but i think we will come through it good. we just need some of our influential players to stand up and be counted

I suspect you are right, there are plenty knee jerking all over the place - it is a football forum though and will always be such.

Im not knee jerking though, I am worried. Im not all doom and gloom and Im not basing things on 3 games (as disappointing as they are). I suspect Im not the only one, but appreciate how easy it is to get bundled in with those running through the streets with burning torches and pitchforks.

Its a tipping point for me. Get ourselves back on track and its all in our hands. Equally we can just fade out to black. My greater fear is if we start fading out that we wont get 4th but 5th - we are only 4 points ahead of Chelsea now.

This is not a situation where its "If we dont get third we will get fourth". We could quite easily get neither.

And finishing third is, IMO, paramount to the success of next season. Starting the summer as a CL team and basing our transfer strategy on that is a world apart from only knowing you are a CL team at the end of August...

I suspect you are right, there are plenty knee jerking all over the place - it is a football forum though and will always be such.

Im not knee jerking though, I am worried. Im not all doom and gloom and Im not basing things on 3 games (as disappointing as they are). I suspect Im not the only one, but appreciate how easy it is to get bundled in with those running through the streets with burning torches and pitchforks.

Its a tipping point for me. Get ourselves back on track and its all in our hands. Equally we can just fade out to black. My greater fear is if we start fading out that we wont get 4th but 5th - we are only 4 points ahead of Chelsea now.

This is not a situation where its "If we dont get third we will get fourth". We could quite easily get neither.

And finishing third is, IMO, paramount to the success of next season. Starting the summer as a CL team and basing our transfer strategy on that is a world apart from only knowing you are a CL team at the end of August...

i see your point i really do, i think i just got entangled in a web that said that everyone that wasnt happy all think 4th is not good enough for us. that as you have pointed out was never what you were truly saying, merely point out that the downfal shouldnt be this steep when our climb to the heights we were in by the turn of the year was steep

between you and me , in the climate of football these days and what we are up against, i.e the status quo, various top club cultures, money, great coaches, form , squad depth, injuries etc etc etc, what we have done is extremely impressive to me. i would have liked more just like you, i still do, and i also am worried about whats going on and also am dissapointed we couldnt keep our cushion till later on in the season ...

..however i do feel that people that think 4th is 'not good enough' and 'a failure' need to get a reality check. say it out loud and i pray it sounds at least a bit idiotic, if not immature , rash, kneejerk and ill conceived

Back