• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I think that we are talking at cross purposes here. I think that the clause in the contract is worthless and was inserted to placate the fans. That doesn't mean that we won't make a move for him this summer, the two are completely unconnected.

I don't see it as worthless. I see it as sensible business, and very Levy-like. That doesn't mean that placating the fans wasn't also part of it but I don't see how it can be dismissed so easily while, in theory, it remains in play and we're discussing the possibility of re-signing him.

That clause is helpful in that we have to be informed of any offer that Madrid want to accept. And we have a few days to review and come up with a counter offer Which may cause issues with the other party.

If we know it’s united for example we could then help them along by offering to buy Martial for example ...

THIS is where it gets interesting. As a supporter -a fan- I want Bale. As a coach and manager, Poch might actually rather Martial for a variety of reasons (potential, health and years being the main ones). If Man U go for Bale, it certainly does leave them having to shed some firepower to make room. time will tell...I also wonder if this is one where Levy will have to give the manager what the manager wants 100%?

If he was interested in joining us, his agent would tell us of any offer.
I just don't see us financing this sorta deal, Levy would want Poch to go after promising youngsters and wont completely blow our wage structure - as i see it, levy will be slowly increasing our overall pay level, starting with new contracts for our current top players that Poch wants to keep, and those that want to stay.

I can't see we'll finance an expensive star player, even tho my fan-ego would love to see Bale in this side; we'd deft win things as we'd have such dangerous attacking threats, and would be a statement of intent. But how would we handle Bale, trundle him out and rotate him every so often ? Our overall squad still needs depth, and we are still building to have dependable players in case the first XI is out for crunch games or any length of time. To me, not having Mousa Dembele next season is a big blow; there'll be serious rejigging of the formation.

I have enjoyed reading these new entries about Bale and am excited about his possible return..

Also, just imagine if he was our first signing of the season and was completed this week... The current players would, I hope, feel much more inclined to stay at Spurs and other top players more attracted to the club...

I am also trying to imagine how Chelsea and arsenal fans would feel about Spurs being in the Champions league, the new ground, the return of Bale and them both in the Europa league... If i was them i would be extremely worried and that is almost as good a reason to go for it as anything...

COYS..

No of course not but we get what is known as BAfO - best and final offer

In the unlikely event we want and can afford him then that gives us a huge advantage

I think that it entirely comes down to what the player wants. If they want to join you then you are still in a strong position, if they don't, you are no better off.

His wages is probably the stumbling block. I think we could be willing to meet the asking price, if it's not completely ridiculous. But seeing as Bale is reportedly paid £15m a year, which I think is about triple what we pay Kane, he will need to accept lower wages to join us. Which he probably won't.

The likeliest scenario IMO will be Ronaldo leaving and Bale becoming more of the main man at Real.

He's coming back. Don't care what you say it will happen this year. I'm too hyped. I predicted two goals off the bench to say goodbye to Real, and then it happened, and then -that- interview. Nailed on boys. You can call me The Goat.

how do you "dislike" a post? ;)

Go with it! Sometimes wondrous things happen; this is a time when it could!

Sadly it is my experience they rarely do!
Sadly Man U or Chelsea bound or any team that has £50m+ 16m wages spare....just too expensive for us ATM.
Not sure where that would leave Son or Lucas something would have to give and our wage structure would have been wrecked...sadly don't see a chance.

If Ronaldo is hinting at leaving then man u will go all out for him, giving us a chance of bale.
If we want him.
If he wants to come.
But the if Ronaldo is leaving bale may decide to stay.

Back