• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

You don't know how enforceable it is, but superficially, what is interesting about this is that it refers to the first bid! So a bidding war shouldn't be possible. Levy could even get someone to make a bid to in theory trigger this clause. But is it real? 'cuse the pun and its probably not enforceable in the cold light of day.

If that was true we could pay say Bournemouth £1m to bid £1. It's got to be nonsense

If dembele goes I really can't see anyone of a similar mould out there and think with Bale coming we'll see Eriksen next to Dier or Wanyama next season. I'd see us lining up a couple of different ways;

Lloris

KWP/Trippier/Aurier, Sanchez/De Ligt, Vertonghen, Sessegnon

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Son/Lucas, Dele, Bale

Kane

Lloris

De Ligt, Sanchez, Vertonghen

KWP/Trippier/Aurier, Sessegnon

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Dele, Bale

Kane

If dembele goes I really can't see anyone of a similar mould out there and think with Bale coming we'll see Eriksen next to Dier or Wanyama next season. I'd see us lining up a couple of different ways;

Lloris

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Son/Lucas, Dele, Bale

Kane

Lloris

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Dele, Bale

Kane

I think that Poch would play Sessegnon further forward if we were able to get him. Davies has had a great season, I think he'll start next season as first choice.

Yep, and that's what it says in the leaked contract too: "REAL MADRID shall notify TOTTENHAM the terms of any offer it finds acceptable" - and then we can match that and sign Bale. Somehow I think £1 from Bornemouth won't be quite enough.

I think that the reason it is worthless is that if the player was interested in joining us, their agent would leak news of any offer to us anyway.

Lloris

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Son/Lucas, Dele, Bale

Kane

Lloris

Dier/Wanyama, Eriksen

Dele, Bale

Kane

I think it'd be very similar to that, with 3 at the back. But a diamond midfield, which is sort of how we played near the start of the season iirc. Wanyama/Dier at the bottom of the diamond, Eriksen and Dele on the sides, Bale at the tip.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see us buy someone else for the Wanyama/Dier role, a more dynamic player there perhaps, to really move up our play a level.

Presumably we only have the option of matching an acceptable bid.

Right! So the bid would have to be accepted by Real. Then we would have the option to match it. And in theory the other club couldn't then escalate their bid after we had matched it.

Of course its highly unlikely we'll sign him or any of the players we're discussing. We are in the strongest position we've been in since in the 1960s however. We don't know what the bank balance is like, but with regular CL, the new stadium, Poch and a young team we must be an attractive proposition...that is until Levy makes his opening wage proposition :)

I wasn't too sure about Bale returning but after last night I've changed my mind. He is a difference maker. I've just seen the replay of that overhead kick again. It gets better with each viewing.

Do it Daniel. Just Do It.

I wasn't too sure about Bale returning but after last night I've changed my mind. He is a difference maker. I've just seen the replay of that overhead kick again. It gets better with each viewing.

My thoughts too. Plus he will create commercial interest, will draw bigger crowds through excitement and will prove that we are determined to go places by bringing back a player who left for success, and returns to bring us success.

You know if we signed him though, he'd attempt one like that in his first game, his confetti hamstring/groin/calf would pop, and he'd only make a dozen more appearances over the next 2 years, before being sold to Nagoya Grampus Eight for £2m

You know if we signed him though, he'd attempt one like that in his first game, his confetti hamstring/groin/calf would pop, and he'd only make a dozen more appearances over the next 2 years, before being sold to Nagoya Grampus Eight for £2m
Yeah maybe but to dare and all that.

The fact that we're even having a semi-serious conversation about the prospect suggests to me that it was a bit more than worthless window dressing.

I think that we are talking at cross purposes here. I think that the clause in the contract is worthless and was inserted to placate the fans. That doesn't mean that we won't make a move for him this summer, the two are completely unconnected.

That clause is helpful in that we have to be informed of any offer that Madrid want to accept. And we have a few days to review and come up with a counter offer Which may cause issues with the other party.

If we know it’s united for example we could then help them along by offering to buy Martial for example ...

That clause is helpful in that we have to be informed of any offer that Madrid want to accept. And we have a few days to review and come up with a counter offer Which may cause issues with the other party.

If we know it’s united for example we could then help them along by offering to buy Martial for example ...

If he was interested in joining us, his agent would tell us of any offer.

Back