• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I don't think Bale is the messiah, or Jesus risen or whatever. But in the small margins of top level football, having him would help us go up a level imo.

It would be a statment as well. To the squad, and to the world as we make our new home. I think Bale could be tempted by the new stadium. It has a nice narrative. The boy done good returned to the club done good. All depends on whether we're outbid by united imo.

fudge united

I don't think Bale is the messiah, or Jesus risen or whatever. But in the small margins of top level football, having him would help us go up a level imo.

It would be a statment as well. To the squad, and to the world as we make our new home. I think Bale could be tempted by the new stadium. It has a nice narrative. The boy done good returned to the club done good. All depends on whether we're outbid by united imo.
Does it matter or not if we are outbid by a United though? I didn’t think they could outbid us as for example, if Real accept a bid from United of £70m, we have 24 hours or so to match that and it’s then down to the player?

It gets to a level where we reach our limit though, like an auction.
Did we sell him for £85m? I can’t see why we shouldn’t (in this market) pay near to what we sold him for. Since then the tv money has increased substantially and we will clearly have more money in from the season ticket and stadium premium sales. How much of that is going into the transfer money though we won’t know. If we can afford Sanchez for £45m then why not £80m on bale? We will probably be selling some players too so can afford the transfer it’s just wages could be the stumbling block.

It won’t be like an auction as when one bid is accepted we match it and then that’s it. It can’t go up any higher it’s like when you sell a car and accept a price you can’t then say you want more money.

Pochettino said: “If we have the full option to sign him, why not? He’s a great player and he’s a player who can improve our squad. This is the type of profile we [try to] find.”

Shortly after his arrival at Real, Bale said: “Tottenham will always have a place in my heart. I hope the fans still love me even though I’ve moved on. I love Spurs fans. You never know, I could come back one day.”

Not recent quotes, but just something to get the fire burning!

£70-80m for a 29 year old, whose game is based on pace, and who has a lot of significant injury problems? I don't think even PSG or City would go there

"Real Madrid and the player hereby grant to Tottenham from the date hereof until June 30, 2019 an option to match any offer received from a Premier League club for the registration of the player.
"Real Madrid shall notify Tottenham the terms of any offer that it finds acceptable (a 'Third Party Offer'), and Tottenham shall thereafter have a period of 72 hours after receipt of such notification to offer to match all the terms contained in the offer to Real Madrid under the Third Party Offer.
"In the event that Tottenham does match the Third Party Offer, Real Madrid shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received (including any higher offers received following Real Madrid's receipt of the Third Party Offer) and transfer the player as soon as is possible in the first available FA Registration Period to Tottenham pursuant to a Transfer Agreement acceptable to Tottenham in its sole discretion."

If reports are to be believed Madrid want/need to sell, so I could see him going for around £60-70m, they won't get his full market value for that very reason.

"Real Madrid and the player hereby grant to Tottenham from the date hereof until June 30, 2019 an option to match any offer received from a Premier League club for the registration of the player.
"Real Madrid shall notify Tottenham the terms of any offer that it finds acceptable (a 'Third Party Offer'), and Tottenham shall thereafter have a period of 72 hours after receipt of such notification to offer to match all the terms contained in the offer to Real Madrid under the Third Party Offer.
"In the event that Tottenham does match the Third Party Offer, Real Madrid shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received (including any higher offers received following Real Madrid's receipt of the Third Party Offer) and transfer the player as soon as is possible in the first available FA Registration Period to Tottenham pursuant to a Transfer Agreement acceptable to Tottenham in its sole discretion."

Hmm...if this exists then that is pretty cool. And it would stop us getting in a bidding war with United. And if we need to be accepted ‘in preference’ I don’t know what that means in practice, but maybe that helps us.

I think we sold Bale to Madrid a year ahead of when we would have been happy to do it. And so because of that, I’m really hoping Levy extracted some clause that would make a buy back worthwhile and possible. How long does Bale have on his contract at Real? I think we can get them to pay off the difference to get him out, plus a reduced fee. Then it becomes about giving Bale enough so that he’s satisfied on weekly wages, and maybe there’s something creative we can do there tied to commercial rights. It’s important that we can’t get in a bidding war with United, because if they can offer Sanchez 600k a week , they can always offer more. But selling him when we did really screwed us. It was ahead of our schedule, they effectively sold Ozil to Arsenal and replaced him with Bale, it probably set us back ultimately 2 years at least. Really hoping we can do this.

I never want the glory signings, but I’ve never wanted this one more. There’s just something about it. It really would be a statement of intent that shows we are on the map.

You don't know how enforceable it is, but superficially, what is interesting about this is that it refers to the first bid! So a bidding war shouldn't be possible. Levy could even get someone to make a bid to in theory trigger this clause. But is it real? 'cuse the pun and its probably not enforceable in the cold light of day.

You don't know how enforceable it is, but superficially, what is interesting about this is that it refers to the first bid! So a bidding war shouldn't be possible. Levy could even get someone to make a bid to in theory trigger this clause. But is it real? 'cuse the pun and its probably not enforceable in the cold light of day.

I think that the clause was to placate the fans over his sale rather than being anything serious, the same as the partnership gonad*s.

Back