• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you happy with this window?

Are you happy with our activity this transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we have done this window is created a platform, we've got the foundations of a title challenging side. We've strengthened heavily in midfield, and now we approach the season having taken some risk on attacking talent, but YOUNG talent that WILL grow.

Lamela and Eriksen in particular are amazing prospects, Eriksen has the potential to provide a solution to a problem we had even last season, which was that we lacked guile and creativity. I also think that Holtby is in for a big big season for us and can also provide a new dimension to our play, particular our ability to carry the tempo of the game.

Yes, we've lost Bale, an immense talent, but the talent remaining and potential that remains in our team this season is all to be determined by everyone associated with this club. Aim high, and we can achieve. That goes for the fans, players, board, manager... everybody. We got 4th in 2012 because we were aiming for the title in Jan and ended up wanting 3rd, high expectations yeild results.

(Also, I want Lennon in our first 11 over Chadli for now. Provides more of a threat and gives us another dimension when attacking, and love him or loathe him, hes been at our club for a long time now and understands what it takes to be a Tottenham player, something that he can pass on to the new signings)

I was, but can't help thinking Ozil would have been better than buying Chadli and Lamela.

And also with bAE gone and rose still playing its a bit of a shambles.

A bit of a shambles?

You point to a perceived weakness in a sole area to tar a multitude of successes as 'a bit of a shambles'

What have you classed previous windows as?

GHod yes

Imagine if we'd sold Bale and bought Sessegnon.

One out, one in.

THAT is the Spurs of old.

We spent £100m for GHod's sake. We didn't have to spend it at all.

Enjoy it, you miserable bunch of twits.

Couldn't agree more. Short memories on here:

Grzegorz Rasiak

Frazier Campbell

David Bentley

Need I go on?

I think we need finer granularity in this poll. I'd suggest the following categories:

1. Ecstatic
2. Happy
3. Qualifiedly optimistic
4. Equivocal
5. Qualifiedly pessimistic
6. Unhappy
7. Suicidal/Colin Fishwick

I vote number 3.

I think we need finer granularity in this poll. I'd suggest the following categories:

1. Ecstatic
2. Happy
3. Qualifiedly optimistic
4. Equivocal
5. Qualifiedly pessimistic
6. Unhappy
7. Suicidal/Colin Fishwick

I vote number 3.

:ross:
colin fishwick is the last bastion of hope that remains on this forum.

The next few weeks will tell us whether we will struggle for goals this season or not. It was a shame losing Willian as he can be the difference maker to create chances out of nothing. Eriksen needs to step up.

Consider the lack of CL , i am happy with what we have bought in this summer , would be perfect should we have brought in a decent LB and another striker ( the ideal two are Coentrao and Morata.....Chicharito would be fine too)

Whether the team can reach the expectation is not really depends only on the player themselves.....you know what i mean

Brilliant window if they all click early. Getting ****ed off with the media singling us out as an example of clubs causing a dearth of English players. No English players bought out of the 7 incommings. Plus we had the audacity to sell three and loan two out. Anyone know if there is a site that lists all Prem clubs list of 25 player squads?

Yes, but not 100% happy because we lost Bale.

I think we've spent the Bale money wisely, but might not see the results this season. Hopefully we'll be good enough for top four, and then we can really push on with a settled squad for next season (minus whoever player Real wants from us).

Brilliant window if they all click early. Getting ****ed off with the media singling us out as an example of clubs causing a dearth of English players. No English players bought out of the 7 incommings. Plus we had the audacity to sell three and loan two out. Anyone know if there is a site that lists all Prem clubs list of 25 player squads?

Possibly www.premierleague.com

Unless Ozil can play as a Goalkeeper, central defence or as a holding midfielder, they have not addressed the weaknesses in their squad.

He's a great player but it is window dressing to placate the fans after an appalling summer for them.

wow, id love an appalling summer of just signing Ozil

they will be more than fine. Them and Liverpool are going to be tough to overtake for that 4th place.

so again we practically broke even with our buying and selling of players?????? :-k

surely that means we still have the 50 mill Lewis loan and 20 mill extra tv money to spend this Jan window? 8-[

Unless Ozil can play as a Goalkeeper, central defence or as a holding midfielder, they have not addressed the weaknesses in their squad.

He's a great player but it is window dressing to placate the fans after an appalling summer for them.

I think their defensive weaknesses have been greatly over-exaggerated, they had the 2nd best defensive record in the league last season.

Their midfield looks excellent (one of the best in the league) and Ozil imo is one of the best players in Europe. You don't pass up the chance to sign such a player.

They have no cover upfront but I'm worried about Giroud tbh, his history suggests he takes a season to settle in and then scores a ****load.

I'm not going to doom and gloom like other people. If our players gel early, we have an excellent chance of top 4. But Arsenal have done outstanding business in getting Ozil in imo. He's the top assist and chance creator in Europe in the past 5 seasons.

so again we practically broke even with our buying and selling of players?????? :-k

surely that means we still have the 50 mill Lewis loan and 20 mill extra tv money to spend this Jan window? 8-[

Only if the ITK that claimed that was right...

Most net spend calculations won't include agent fees, likely to be higher than ever. Some of the tv money might have been used for that.

It's difficult to know the details, and after a summer like this "the details" will be pretty big sums of money. How much we have left is pretty much impossible to know from the outside, what is clear is that we've once again spent within our means and we will be in a solid financial at the very least come January and next summer too.

I think their defensive weaknesses have been greatly over-exaggerated, they had the 2nd best defensive record in the league last season.

Their midfield looks excellent (one of the best in the league) and Ozil imo is one of the best players in Europe. You don't pass up the chance to sign such a player.

They have no cover upfront but I'm worried about Giroud tbh, his history suggests he takes a season to settle in and then scores a ****load.

I'm not going to doom and gloom like other people. If our players gel early, we have an excellent chance of top 4. But Arsenal have done outstanding business in getting Ozil in imo. He's the top assist and chance creator in Europe in the past 5 seasons.

Don't get me wrong. Isolation is an excellent player and he will improve them but I do not think that this is an area where they were short of quality and they are short of depth in a number of other areas.

They are on a great run of form in 2013 but my guess is that the lack of depth will hit them at one stage of the season (the same with Liverpool) and we need tobe in a position to take advantage when this happens.

Excellent article covering spurs transfer strategy over the years to today. Testament that the club is the fastest improving club in the EPL and in good stead to challenge for top positions soon:

The Outsiders: Understanding Tottenham Hotspur's Daring Rebuilding Project - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

Excerpts:

Rather than try to overpay for established stars, Spurs have moved in the complete opposite direction. With the money they got from Bale and Modric, Tottenham have brought in 15 new faces over the last two years — seven this transfer window and eight the year before.

It’s a testament to Spurs depth that Sigurdsson, Holtby, and Townsend don’t make the starting XI. At striker, Adebayor is still on the squad, and Jermain Defoe’s name hasn’t even come up despite being in the mix for England's national team. Newly acquired tank Etienne Capoue and Mousa Dembele provide depth in midfield, with Dembele also offering the option of starting in the attacking midfield spot to provide a more comprehensively defensive midfield.

All told, this Spurs team has the tools to play a very similar brand of soccer to the one that first brought Villas-Boas to prominence: a high defensive line, combined with two or three strong mobile midfielders to close down the middle of the field and win the ball in position to transition quickly into attack; a forward and wingers who receive the ball quickly and (in a departure from his Porto days) combine with an attacking midfielder to create chances.

It’s an attack built on relentlessness more than creativity, a philosophy that says if you sustain the pressure long enough your opponent is bound to crack eventually, and when they do, a skilled combination of attackers will play an important pass, finish a lightning-quick move, and before you know it the ball’s in the back of the net.

If all these moves work out, Spurs will have created a young, versatile team that is very much in the running for a Champions League qualification spot this season, and even bigger things down the line. By bringing in so many young assets they’ve also ensured that they can, in turn, sell players if they so choose.

The hope, of course, is that they won’t have to do that, and that by the time Lamela and Eriksen turn 25, they’ll have become the next pair of Spurs stars. Rather than being forced to sell them, Spurs hope to have other strong, young talents playing around them, forming the core group of a championship-contending side.

Tottenham Hotspur are now one of the most intriguing projects in European football. They are a team that invested an incredibly large sum of money without bringing in an established star. They chose to go all-in on international youth and potential.

Actually according to Talk(****e)sport we made a profit. One of only three clubs including Saudi Sportswashing Machine and......cant remember..

Back