• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you happy with this window?

Are you happy with our activity this transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yet they can still get 4th without having to buy anyone IMO and they have gone and bought someone who will create more chances for them when they already create shed loads of chances . I just think they will kill off games whilst also conceding (if that makes sense).

Yet they can still get 4th without having to buy anyone IMO and they have gone and bought someone who will create more chances for them when they already create shed loads of chances . I just think they will kill off games whilst also conceding (if that makes sense).

Makes a lot of sense, will be incredibly hard to get the ball of them now. Despite their lack of strength in areas do you think it would be silly to say they could challenge for the title?

I liked this little snippet from the BBC,

1235: GET INVOLVED

While Arsenal and Manchester United were busy scrabbling around tying up deals in the late hours of deadline day, the transfer moguls at Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and Tottenham were kicking back on the settee with their feet up. And, no doubt, watching what their rivals were up to.

There was no such drama for this trio, who spent the majority of their combined £270m outline relatively early. They have been the top three spenders in the Premier League - but have they used their cash wisely? Share your views using #bbcfootball on Twitter, via text on 81111 or on our Facebook page.

Damn right :cool:

Makes a nice change from the panicking at the laptop refreshing the page every 15 seconds.

Add a LB and ST to our squad and people would find other positions to moan about. The word deluded springs to mind, but it does not adequately describe the mental state some of you are in. Deluded in terms of where we currently are in the natural order of things. Deluded in terms of what can realistically be expected. Completely oblivious to everything we still manage to achieve and to the progress that has been made since ENIC took over. I guess nothing Spurs do will ever be good enough, yet nothing less than perfection is expected at all times.

This .. it's actually gotten tiresome now, the bitch/drama fest that always seems to find issue with club/chairman/manager isn't even a fun debate anymore.

We spent over a 100M in window, bought 7 very good players and lost 1 great one (that always was going to leave).

Yes, I would have liked Bale to stay, but in reality, Window was better than anyone could have dreamed of (excluding happenings outside our club).

My fear was if we sold Bale no matter the price, we wouldn't be able to replace him with quality signings without offering huge wages and Cl football. We managed to do both and far exceeded what I thought would be possible. I did want to keep Bale another year but in the end his sale made us much stronger if not this year then for years to come and we made the best of the situation

No, on balance. Erickson and Lamela could be good signings, but we really had a chance with the TV and Bale money .

Happy we have sold all but BAE. We have bought the wrong type of players. Chadli, Soldado and Capoue are not ideal, for playing fluent football. We have Rose at LB.

Blown chance.

We are DEFINITELY stronger. As a team, we're stronger.

Arsenal sold RVP, their game changer, they looked better as a team and finished in the top 4. We've sold our game changer and overall I think we look a better squad. We've addressed our striking issue, we've added creativity now, got in a genuine world class talent and the likes of Vertonghen and Lloris have a years Prem experience under their belts.

GHod, some of you are so dramatic.

No, on balance. Erickson and Lamela could be good signings, but we really had a chance with the TV and Bale money .

Happy we have sold all but BAE. We have bought the wrong type of players. Chadli, Soldado and Capoue are not ideal, for playing fluent football. We have Rose at LB.

Blown chance.

I'm sorry, what were you expecting? All the worlds greatest to come falling at the Mighty Spurs *cough* with no CL.. feet?

The one thing which really annoys me is IF we knew Ozil was going to be available how/why did we not make that part of the Bale agreement? I am happy with the players we signed BUT he is a step above everyone we got and to let him go to our rival when we just dealt with them is idiotic.

If Ozil said he would not come to us we should have a clause in the Bale contract that said he couldn't go to another EPL team within next year. I don't see that holding up the Bale deal as desperate as they were to get him

The one thing which really annoys me is IF we knew Ozil was going to be available how/why did we not make that part of the Bale agreement? I am happy with the players we signed BUT he is a step above everyone we got and to let him go to our rival when we just dealt with them is idiotic.

If Ozil said he would not come to us we should have a clause in the Bale contract that said he couldn't go to another EPL team within next year. I don't see that holding up the Bale deal as desperate as they were to get him

Ozil would always choose wages and CL over Tottenham. Lets be realistic we would have NO chance signing Ozil.

probably right, still smells rotten those dirty ****ers at Madrid I just feel of all the great work we did in this window **** getting Ozil may just keep us slightly behind them again.

We will always be behind them until we finish above them constantly.

That would probably be restraint of trade and would be illegal under European law.

We will be much less reliant on a single player with the signings we have bought, we have also addressed the squad depth issues on the wing that have often crippled us a bit.

Arsenal have bought a player to upgrade an area they are Lready good in, they have not addressed any of the issue they had last season.

United will probably be a bit better with Fellini, however it will still mostly be saf's team and it is yet to be seen if moyes can get them to perform the same way over the season.

City are decent still, don't know too much about their signings myself.

All in all I am pretty confident that we will end in the top four this season, if everything clicks maybe even a title challenge.

GHod yes

Imagine if we'd sold Bale and bought Sessegnon.

One out, one in.

THAT is the Spurs of old.

We spent £100m for GHod's sake. We didn't have to spend it at all.

Enjoy it, you miserable bunch of twits.

I'm really excited. Sure, we sold our star man, but it seemed inevitable, and to get in 7 new players and actually still manage to earn money from the window, is quite a feat. We sold Modric and thought that would make us bomb down the table, yet we were just a point away from a CL-spot, and that in a season where we didn't really get in a lot of reinforcement. I think the 7 we have brought in all have the potential to become great for us, we can only wait and see, but I'm excited. No more this "one man team"-bull****.

We will be much less reliant on a single player with the signings we have bought, we have also addressed the squad depth issues on the wing that have often crippled us a bit.

Arsenal have bought a player to upgrade an area they are Lready good in, they have not addressed any of the issue they had last season.

United will probably be a bit better with Fellini, however it will still mostly be saf's team and it is yet to be seen if moyes can get them to perform the same way over the season.

City are decent still, don't know too much about their signings myself.

All in all I am pretty confident that we will end in the top four this season, if everything clicks maybe even a title challenge.

You can get 7/4 on top 4 and 22/1 to win the title.

Back