• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you happy with our performances this season?

Are you happy with our performances this season?

• Over the moon

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Very happy

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Could do better

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Sack the manager

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
I'll be honest when I say that apart from Redknapp's disastrous last few months, I can't recall too many times where people said we weren't playing well. Obviously the occasional game, but I really felt that was some of the best football I've seen Spurs play.

When we finished fourth the first time under him people complained we weren't playing well despite our great start to the season.

I think that most Spurs fans realised that it was time for Redknapp to go by the end.

I think that you are probably right when you say that there is a difference between fans at the Lane and online on how hard it would be for us to continue the relative success that we've enjoyed over the last few years but I haven't met anyone who thought we'd be fighting delegation.

I have to wonder...I think most of the regular attendees, especially those who go away, got it and got it for quite a while, but I am genuinely not sure the casuals got it at all. In fact I am convinced there is still a massive massive lack of reality regarding that whole situation. It's funny when I read about AVB and cluelessness,etc, because there were games under Harry where that cluelessness which is spoken of was absolutely blinding and beggaring beyond belief! Villa away immediately springs to mind...

I have to wonder...I think most of the regular attendees, especially those who go away, got it and got it for quite a while, but I am genuinely not sure the casuals got it at all. In fact I am convinced there is still a massive massive lack of reality regarding that whole situation. It's funny when I read about AVB and cluelessness,etc, because there were games under Harry where that cluelessness which is spoken of was absolutely blinding and beggaring beyond belief! Villa away immediately springs to mind...

..or Arsenal away...or Nowich at home...or FA cup semi after taking VdV offf...:-#

Performances have been encouraging, yes we haven't dominated any game for 90 minutes but you can see what AVB is putting in place, and we aren't City or Chelsea so its going to take a good couple of years for AVB to get in the players he wants as we can't just handpick who we want and get them in immediately - see Moutinho. I know this is a question about performances but I must say the team have exceeded my expectations in terms of league position. I really thought this year would be one where we would be battling for 6th/7th as there has been a lot of upheaval,especially in the early stages of the season. But it is clear that we can go for top 4 again this year, and you have to credit AVB for this in what clearly no matter what way you look at it, is a transitional period....

I'm very happy with the results achieved in the Premier League under AVB, which isn't quite the same thing as saying I'm very happy with our performances.

But when you stop to consider that we're without players like Ledley King, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Scott Parker this season compared with last, it's hardly surprising that our football hasn't been up to the standards set in recent years.

There's also the matter of Premier League experience of the respective managers to consider - AVB has less than a full season under his belt, while only SAF and Wenger had more experience than Harry.

Last edited:

Indeed, as i said earlier there is a lot of " looking through Redknapp tinted glasses" when we talk about performences under him.

Performances may not be wonderful but under MJ we sometimes ground out results - football which was effective but not pretty. I couldn't care less at the time because it was such an unusual feeling to walk to the Lane EXPECTING to win at home!!! So I will cut AVB all the slack he needs. Let's see how today goes.

I think our performances have been generally poor but we've got away with it so far. Continue like we have been through the next 4 weeks and our season will be over. Start to turn on some style and go into games with a more positive approach and we'll come through.

I aked in the OMT:

Our current run very much looks like when AVB's Chelski lost that QPR game; I want to ask why will it be any different for us in terms of our games and results from now? (Please don't mention the Chelski dressing-room issues; I'm talking purely in footballing terms here..)

I aked in the OMT:

Our current run very much looks like when AVB's Chelski lost that QPR game; I want to ask why will it be any different for us in terms of our games and results from now? (Please don't mention the Chelski dressing-room issues; I'm talking purely in footballing terms here..)

My memory is not entirely great, plus at the time i didn't really care, but how many first team players did Chelsea have out at the time of this QPR game?

Quite simply, the opposite is true. HR had great backing from people who actually pay to watch the football we play. If you use this forum as evidence, those that don't attend wanted HR out. After your bizarre PMs to me I really wonder about you and your lack of ability to trade off good v bad and take a sensible conclusion.

Anyway, it's done. We are paying for this mistake in the short term, lets hope long term it works out.

And just to add, if certain people could spot cluelessness under HR, where has your ability gone to spot it under AVB?

Villa away was clueless... ok, it really wasn't, but lets take the so called clueless moments from that game and then apply them to AVB and see if he has been guilty of the exact same thing...

Harry had lost the plot by the end. AVB came to us as a tactical magician. I, for one, was very hopeful (although he wasnt my first choice). However, my patience is fast running out. I know we are short of key players - but what is worrying me is that I cant see any improvements in the key fundamentals - corners, free kicks, tempo, running off the ball, slick passing. That is what is concerning me most - plus the lack of excitement being delivered at the Lane.

Turgid to watch at the moment and I really dont think one or two players are likely to make that much difference.

I think managers get far too much blame sometimes. It can happen occasionally that players just have an off day. Why this is I don't know, but you can't always blame the manager for everything.

Today I can't think of one player who stood out above everyone else. I think no matter what formation we played we would have lost, so in that sense I blame the players. But it happens sometimes, it just doesn't click. You see it in every level of football, there are just days where nothing goes right, no matter what the manager does, and I think today was one of those days.

I think managers get far too much blame sometimes. It can happen occasionally that players just have an off day. Why this is I don't know, but you can't always blame the manager for everything.

Today I can't think of one player who stood out above everyone else. I think no matter what formation we played we would have lost, so in that sense I blame the players. But it happens sometimes, it just doesn't click. You see it in every level of football, there are just days where nothing goes right, no matter what the manager does, and I think today was one of those days.

then the players are having too many off days at home

then the players are having too many off days at home

Quite possibly. I just hate the way that people always blame the manager whatever happens. The players get paid more, its them out there not the manager, yet everyone is slating AVB, not the 11 mediocre players we saw out there today. There is only so much a manager can do.

Quite possibly. I just hate the way that people always blame the manager whatever happens. The players get paid more, its them out there not the manager, yet everyone is slating AVB, not the 11 mediocre players we saw out there today. There is only so much a manager can do.

you are right, but what worries me is whether the players are not buying into AVB's methods and as such their performance levels are starting to dip. Once a manager starts losing the dressing room performances like today will become commonplace

I thought the decision to take off Defoe instead of Dempsey was diabolical. But I am still 100% behind AVB. People need to remember that we have player a number of games without a number of key players whom if fit would be in the team. So we have played badly but we are still 5th in the league, I would have been more concerned if we were 5th from bottom.

We also need to realise that SPurs have not given many great performances in 2012 period. And the manager simply cannot be blamed by some of the pitiful passing and loss of concentration over the last month of two.

Personally at home I would go 442. Defoe and Ade work as a partnership so we should try it. One of the most annoying things about today was that I knew if Wigan scored Ade would come on, so why the fudge did we have to wait until we were behind? And taking off Defoe? ](*,)

Back