• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you happy with our performances this season?

Are you happy with our performances this season?

• Over the moon

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Very happy

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Could do better

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Sack the manager

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Regardless of injuries, the loss of Modric/VdV etc.

Have you been happy with our performances? Not the results - the performance.

Problem here is, there are way too many who put winning/league position over style and substance.

Ok, not great, but not awful.

I fear we will get a tonking at the Emirates in a few weeks. We have been dire in the 2nd half in nearly all games, whereas they come good in the 2nd half and always score late goals.

Happy no. Disappointed no. The best word I can come up with to describe this season is 'meh'

Not a word you'll find in the dictionary maybe but hey. 4th is great but, performance wise, just a bit 'meh'

Problem here is, there are way too many who put winning/league position over style and substance.

That is what the manager will be rated on though, no?

I can't see levy walking over to AVB at the end of the year saying 'Sure we finished fourth and have the CL qualifying phase to enter, but i didn't like the football you played, you're out.'

It's hardly surprising that results matter in a business based pretty much primarily in results.

Apart from a few halves no, no hut I don't think you can divide the performances from the players we have lost and are missing not to mention the delay in rebuild ING the squad. Starters performances were always going to suffer at the start of the season as a result no matter the manager hence I think avb is doing ok at the moment

could do better but i was expecting a season of inconsistency as we adapt to the changes that the summer brought us and im not in fear that what we are seeing now is anything more than that.

remember when managers get sacked after a few games elsewhere and everyone is up in arms because no one gets a real chance in football anymore ? well right now that's exactly what some of us need to be doing, giving some time to the manager and the team - tactically we are going through quite a radical change from the past 3 seasons or so there is going to be a bit of a learning curve for everyone here - things might look rough or dodgy at times and sometimes things will go wrong - but it's all part of the process.

by all means criticize what you see, but just keep in mind that we are very much a work in process and that a fair conclusion can only be made after a much longer time than the first couple of months of the season

Last edited:
That's why I emphasised performance.

For me, I think we can clearly do better. I honestly think we've rode our luck on many occasions, and am scared that it's going to come back and bite us on the arse. It's lovely being in 4th, but I don't think it's a position that our performances warrant. Which may catch up with us.

I know we've had injuries etc. But the recurring theme is we play well in spells and then it goes to brick and we end up hanging on. So, if we have personel to play good in those spells, why not the whole 90 minutes? Fitness, tactics or attitude? Surely one of those three things.

Somewhere between happy and could do better,
meh covers it well I agree

It's a work in progress, just so frustrating - the whole 2012 has been

I can't see levy walking over to AVB at the end of the year saying 'Sure we finished fourth and have the CL qualifying phase to enter, but i didn't like the football you played, you're out.'

It's hardly surprising that results matter in a business based pretty much primarily in results.

Agreed. But those results won't keep happening if we continue to play as we are.

That's why I emphasised performance.

For me, I think we can clearly do better. I honestly think we've rode our luck on many occasions, and am scared that it's going to come back and bite us on the arse. It's lovely being in 4th, but I don't think it's a position that our performances warrant. Which may catch up with us.

I know we've had injuries etc. But the recurring theme is we play well in spells and then it goes to brick and we end up hanging on. So, if we have personel to play good in those spells, why not the whole 90 minutes? Fitness, tactics or attitude? Surely one of those three things.

i think there could be a case to be made that it's a combination of tactics and fitness - players taking on board a new way way of playing and tactical instructions are maybe having to work their mind a little more which leads to them tiring earlier. hopefully once the game plan becomes embedded in to them it will become less of an issue

just a thought, like

I thought we'd be worse. So relative to expectations, I've very happy.

You get the feeling we're not settled yet, and could do with Parker and Ade's experience and skills to help us settle down. Still been pretty impressed with some of the skill and tactical advances. I hope there is much more to come.

I think you're underestimating the importance of performances. In the short term it's possible to overachieve, but over the course of a season you can't rely on having the margins on your side. What will generate you succes in the long run are a constant high level of performances. I have yet to see a full games, where we've played well. Sure, there have been times during the games with good football so far, but not for an entire game even against lesser teams. That is a little worrying IMO.

Is AVB the man for the job? I think it's impossible to judge him before he has a squad that fits his strategy. I think we are a few players short of that and I don't think we'll see much action in the january window.

I think the result of this poll with change when it's not 15minutes after a loss!

Brief reflection, pretty good, we're 4th, having beaten Utd Away. Clearly we have a big hole in the middle as Dempsey and Gylfi are both not fitting the game shape to either the team or their own strengths, if one of those things can be changed we'll be strong (maybe a good goal for Gylfi might bring him out of himself, as his shoulders look more drawn than I remember at Swansea, his body language is all wrong), if out of form players can be helped/replaced well once we have enough fit again it looks very promising IMO.

But as said, 4th after 9 games, 5 new players trying to be fitted in, given everything I'm delighted as I feared we might implode, hopefully AVB has the wares to bring out that gestalt factor teams like ours need to break properly into the top 3-4.

Happy no. Disappointed no. The best word I can come up with to describe this season is 'meh'

Not a word you'll find in the dictionary maybe but hey. 4th is great but, performance wise, just a bit 'meh'

I was going to come on here and say meh too.

We are hindered by some mediocre signings and signings that were not made in positions that we need creativity in

The guy in the hole seems a waste considering how we're playing, I'd rather move him back as a midfield anchor and let the other two CMs do more forward runs, especially when we're defending. We just need a someone to play in that role and keep possession, Parker would be my choice from our current squad. I think his absence is costing us as he would be the perfect player to throw on to see out a match.

I think the result of this poll with change when it's not 15minutes after a loss!

Brief reflection, pretty good, we're 4th, having beaten Utd Away. Clearly we have a big hole in the middle as Dempsey and Gylfi are both not fitting the game shape to either the team or their own strengths, if one of those things can be changed we'll be strong (maybe a good goal for Gylfi might bring him out of himself, as his shoulders look more drawn than I remember at Swansea, his body language is all wrong), if out of form players can be helped/replaced well once we have enough fit again it looks very promising IMO.

But as said, 4th after 9 games, 5 new players trying to be fitted in, given everything I'm delighted as I feared we might implode, hopefully AVB has the wares to bring out that gestalt factor teams like ours need to break properly into the top 3-4.

Performance...not results or league position.

Back