• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we out of the title race?

After losing to City, are we out of the title race?

• Yes, we're out of the title race

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No, we can still win it

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters
I think Spurs need a big signing before this window closes. Something to make a statement about where this club is going. This will inject a bit of confidence into the fans and players alike and blow away the negative feelings around the place.

Agree but at the same time we shouldn't buy for the sake of buying but looking to improve. Sadly those kind of players are either unavailable or unaffordable in addition to January prices being slightly inflated. Tough one, mate

Last edited:
I think Spurs need a big signing before this window closes. Something to make a statement about where this club is going. This will inject a bit of confidence into the fans and players alike and blow away the negative feelings around the place.

Yes but who are we going to get? Unfortunately doesn't look like anyone is available that will really give us that boost. I wouldn't want to buy just for the sake of it. I do think we will have a go at getting in Samba and Hoilett at the deeadline which i think both would help us but as far as top class strikers just don't see anyone looking for a move that will help us. Losing out on Remy was a big blow.

I honestly don't think we were ever in it... not to WIN it in any case... expecting Man Utd AND Emirates Marketing Project to spontaneously combust is beyond even the most Spurs-tinted fan... 2nd was very much on until Sunday... now it will be a struggle... 3rd on the other hand has become the new 4th! THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!

As long as it's mathematically possible, we have a chance. Realistically? We don't. At this stage of the season 8pts is quite a margin to have to overhaul. City will drop points, but so will we and City can afford to drop 8 more points than ourselves. Considering they've only dropped 12pts in 22 games, it's realistic enough to assume they'll only drop 8 to 11pts in their remaining 16 games. Bottom line is if we want to win the title we will most likely have to win every single remaining game we have.

The key now for me is to make sure we finish inside the top four and preferbly not 4th. That is more than achievable as is catching, and passing, Utd.

=D>

Why has this been bumped? No one believes we've got a chance of winning the league.....do they?!?!??

Why has this been bumped? No one believes we've got a chance of winning the league.....do they?!?!??

The phrase 'until mathematically impossible' will make frequent appearances in this thread, I feel. Just fans trying to disguise that tiny voice in their head that's still innocent and ever hopeful by cloaking it with supposed logic. :)

I believe we can do it. I try my hardest to rid myself of that belief, but I know I'll always fail, because hoping for the top is what drives football supporters everywhere.

99 times out of a 100, that little voice in our heads will be wrong and some tossers will lift the trophy. But there's always the chance that this year will be the 1 in a 100.....;)

That's all we need, another year old thread on the front page, flipping site is unreadable with mega paged ancient threads littering the front page without someone bumping another, albeit only five pages.

Whose ridiculous idea was it to keep merging threads? Let old ones die and current ones stay until they die rather than merge after merge after merge. 220 on AVB, 82 on Defoe, 146 on not laughing at Arsenal. I simply cannot be arsed to plough through tens of pages of threads to find out if the last poster is even discussing the same subject as the original poster.

That's all we need, another year old thread on the front page, flipping site is unreadable with mega paged ancient threads littering the front page without someone bumping another, albeit only five pages.

Whose ridiculous idea was it to keep merging threads? Let old ones die and current ones stay until they die rather than merge after merge after merge. 220 on AVB, 82 on Defoe, 146 on not laughing at Arsenal. I simply cannot be arsed to plough through tens of pages of threads to find out if the last poster is even discussing the same subject as the original poster.

To be fair this is nothing to do with thread merging, it just seems like some idiot went all the way back to this thread and decided to reply to a year old comment with a smiley face. Maybe lock this now mods so it goes away again for good?

Back