• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we out of the title race?

After losing to City, are we out of the title race?

• Yes, we're out of the title race

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • No, we can still win it

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters
What you have to remember is that it took us 20 games to close a 9 point gap to 3 (so we only gained 6 points on them). We now have to gain 8 (realistically 9) in 16 games. We also have a lot harder away games then we did in the first half and they play nearly every big team at home. If we did manage to win the title from here, it would be the greatest title win, certainly in the Premier League.

Football isn't like that though, City could drop in form like they have in other competitions this season and United's points advantage isn't massive and they have to come to the lane.

It is more difficult now but as Harry says, not impossible

4 big games coming up after the FAC and Wigan but there ought to be a week in between each, due to no Europa football. That will be a big plus for us.
Along with the fact that we have a better team still than 3 of those teams (well ahead of Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal and on merit). Man U ought to be a tough game but we are due a win then. I think we will probably smash one of those four as well :D

So get through those games and see where we are at. Not out of the race, but at 25-1 that's not a bad shout.

If we win at pool, arsenal, chelski and get something against Utd at home then no absolutely not. Truth is I really don't think we should fear any of the first three at least. But though it is increasingly in the hands of city, we just have to win as many games as possible. Keep pushing to position ourselves for possible slip-ups by the top 2.

City & United will be back in Europe soon, we have only the FA Cup as a distraction. If anybody had offered us third at the start of the season we would all have snapped their arms off. Our biggest hurdle will be taking place over the next couple of weeks in Southwark Crown Court. Harry needs to get a slap on the wrist, enough to dissuade the FA, but not enough to tinkle Daniel off. COYS

we need to concentrate on seeing off chelsea for 3rd and having a really good go at winning the cup. not all that unlikely we'll be the best side left in it come next weekend. liverpool are awful but i'd always fancy them to beat united at anfield.

3rd place and an FA Cup Final appearance. I would be happy with that.

City & United will be back in Europe soon, we have only the FA Cup as a distraction. If anybody had offered us third at the start of the season we would all have snapped their arms off. Our biggest hurdle will be taking place over the next couple of weeks in Southwark Crown Court. Harry needs to get a slap on the wrist, enough to dissuade the FA, but not enough to tinkle Daniel off. COYS

I think once its out of the way it should be a massive weight lifted off the clubs shoulders. I'm assuming it will just be a fine and a slap on the wrist.
Its must have been a bit of a millstone around the Clubs neck, but credit to all concerned it hasnt hampered what has been a great turnaround since August

I'd be delighted with that considering the turmoil of the summer. WOuld also help ensure we can push on with new additions, new contracts and a new stadium...

Definitely. If we do reach the final I would be totally gutted, having to watch from home (as Members wouldnt get a ticket), but would be proud as f#ck watching Ledley lead the team out of the tunnel

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MATHS? If it becomes a mathematical impossibility, then so be it. To quote a once famous wearer of our No.8 shirt, "football is a funny old game"!

They have too much talent to drop in form that drastically. Anway, to win the title, history tells us you can drop an absolute maximum of 30 points, although realistically it will be maximum 27-8 this year. We've dropped 20. So if we lose 3 more we can't win the title (presuming we win every other game but those 3). Sadly, the likely hood of that happening is about as likely as Howard Webb giving us a penalty at Old Trafford.
I'd love to believe we can fight for the title, at the beginning of March that picture will be a little more clearer, but as thing's are at the moment I just cannot see it happening. Unless we make some massive signings in the next 10 days

Yes, sady I think we are out of the title race - which is no disgrace considering where we were at the end of August.

From the sounds of it we showed great spirit and possibly have gained great kudos or our display, especially nearly being the first team to get a point at the Middle Eastlands.

We will certainly be feared now when we go to Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact to really capitalise on this performance you would expect us to get better results from those three games (5 points minimum?). Although another way of looking at it will be that those teams (esp Liverpool) will look to attack us less that City did today and try and explot our weak points (eg. Corners) and generally go into the game in a more tactically disciplined way, compated to City who would more likely look to just beat us with their 'might' if you get what I mean.

We were unlucky today; a draw would have made people sit up and take notice; but we've had a very good run and we're hard to beat - but over the next few weeks we had better make it count and cement 3rd place, which is there for the taking.

COYS!

you'd imagine daniel levy will already be full possession of the facts as to what's likely to happen in court over the next 2 weeks.

if there's any chance arry might go down surely they will have made tentative alternative plans already

We may not be able to win the league, but...

We matched/bettered City at their own ground, everybody knows we should have won, its possibly the hardest place to go to in the league, so why can't we win the FA Cup? I genuinely think if we take the FA Cup deadly serious, we can win it. Which would be an excellent achievement.

not at all - teams have made up bigger gaps than this

it's unlikely, but we are not out of it just yet

The reality of a six pointer

If we'd won we'd be 2 points behind and the Title would've been on.

We lost, eight points is now too much

The reality of a six pointer

If we'd won we'd be 2 points behind and the Title would've been on.

We lost, eight points is now too much

So so near. Such a fine line. Inches from a 3-2 win, seconds from a 2-2 draw. Its going to be tough to sleep tonight

Depends on how we fare against Utd, Arse and Chelsea. Remember we had 4th nearly written off before we beat Arse and Chelsea within a week two seasons ago. Utd and City still have to play each other, and City is looking nowhere near as terrifying as they did at the start of the season. We held them at arms' length at their own home, and had Balotelli and Lescott been given the punishment they deserved, we would have won today.

I refuse to be disappointed if we're not in direct contention to the title, although that is where the team should aim. We should never have games lost on paper anymore. In particular against Manchester United, that abysmal statistic has to go.

So so near. Such a fine line. Inches from a 3-2 win, seconds from a 2-2 draw. Its going to be tough to sleep tonight

My thoughts exactly

I can see us picking up plenty of points but I can't see City dropping many. Everyone is scared of them they can be got at.

We shall see.

They still have some big games and my money would be on United

Back