• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Nusa

I guess if the selling club want to spend now, and need a cash injection, it makes sense. Otherwise, why not wait until the summer and get an auction going? All for it, and we've done well with these deal recently.

I guess if the selling club want to spend now, and need a cash injection, it makes sense. Otherwise, why not wait until the summer and get an auction going? All for it, and we've done well with these deal recently.

Will he be more expensive in the summer? If a team buys him this window he can become homegrown. Hg players are more valued.

Also they aren't doing great in the league. So probably do want to strengthen.

I belive that Spurt need to move fast if they want him, now that its out… I think alot of clubs want him.
Groundwork will have gone into this for weeks.
Erik Thorstvedt said he heard about our interest weeks ago.
If this is a goer, then Spurs will be pretty advanced in co-ordinating all the elements that need to come together. Though, of course, it's not all in our control.

I was watching highlights of him a couple of weeks ago and the kid is electric. And the fact Romano is reporting it probably means there's quite a bit of traction with this one. Would be an awesome signing, if it pans out. He could be to us what Hazard was to Chelsea.
If we get him, alongside Devine and Vuskovic, that's long-term planning executed well in key areas. Especially with Sarr and Udogie on contracts through to 2030 and the hope that Veliz and Donley at least could be of the right quality too.

Last edited:
If we get him, alongside Devine and Vuskovic, that's long-term planning executed well in key areas. Especially with Sarr and Udogie on contracts through to 2030 and the hope that Veliz and Donley at least could be of the right quality too.
And Van de Ven, who will not turn 23 until April, Dragusin, and Vicario - who could all be with us for another ten years if all goes well.

THFC in 2030: Vicario; RB, Van de Ven, Dragusin, Udogie; Sarr, Devine, Donley; Nusa, Veliz, Deki. Would be fun to see that team in one of the earlier FA Cup rounds next season.

Hmm. Not quite the "far-reaching negotiations" mentioned earlier.

Don't think Daily Hotspur is a source/tier that I would take seriously

Romano and a few other more reputable reporting it, summary at moment seems to be (common statements)
- We have been interested for some time
- Neither club or player is interested in moving this window
- Chelsea made offer in summer, player said no
- Current talks are around £30M buy with loan back option
- No official bid lodged but talks in progress (similar to Dragusin, we only put actual bid in late)

Romano and a few other more reputable reporting it, summary at moment seems to be (common statements)
- No official bid lodged but talks in progress (similar to Dragusin, we only put actual bid in late)
Daily Hotspur are not a source, they just quote news from other sources relating to Spurs.

The question is whether that PJCalcoen is reputable or not....

Daily Hotspur are not a source, they just quote news from other sources relating to Spurs.

The question is whether that PJCalcoen is reputable or not....

Exactly and if you link all the "reputable" sources as I do and look back they are all using the same source as their news breaker and actually adding very little by way of their own intel.

Hmm. Not quite the "far-reaching negotiations" mentioned earlier.
Until a formal offer is made, aren't all talks exploratory?
Some clubs start with a public low offer and use media to shake things up and then return with more bids while I expect other clubs do a lot of work in preparation to make sure that the first formal offer will be accepted - I think that's more our style.

Apparently we are considering bringing him straight in and not loaning back as well now

He's a news aggregator. The source is a journalist for a Belgian sports outlet/paper. Which of course doesn't mean he knows any more than anyone else. I posted it as a contrast to the 'Spurs are about to spend £30M and the player is practically on his way' report.

Reactions: jrh
As we now know, Ange sets great store upon the character of a player.
That in mind, I was very heartened to read this from back when Chelsea made a bid for him in summer:

Speaking to TV2 in September after a bid from Chelsea was unsuccessful, Nusa said: “I didn’t know about it. I saw there was a lot of stuff on my phone. My phone exploded after the game. Then I wondered what happened. Then I realised. I already knew that it wasn’t going to happen, but then the money came on the table. Then it’s seen in a slightly different way. We had to have another conversation when the money arrived, but we were on the same page, so there was no problem there. I knew what to do anyway, so it was fine.”
Nusa added: “That’s a lot of money. A lot of money. But I try not to think about it so much. I can’t focus on that, you know. I don’t think it’s good for me.
We are talking about very big clubs and that’s where you dream of being in the future. I try not to think about money at all. There’s a lot of money in football, so that’s not what’s on my mind. It’s where I can develop best and become as good as possible.”

Space and money

- Lloris, Dier, Perisic apparently ~£20M off wage bill
It’s got to be £400k a week there so £20m is right

That’s also a lot of money for payments if we buy and pay on instalments

You pay someone £50k a week in Europe and that’s a LOT
But they for £25m over 5 years that’s a run rate of £7.5m per season

Back