• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

This place was up in arms when Fonseca was linked, allegedly turned down because Patrici wanted a more defensive coach. Ironic that Nuno was sacked partly for being too defensive and we've brought in another defensive coach. Maybe it's the Italian defensive mentality but Fonseca does look like he plays good attacking football if nothing else.
Didn’t Fonseca turn us down? Or was that Lopetuigi? I suppose it was quite difficult to keep up with the number of managers knocking us back last summer

Didn’t Fonseca turn us down? Or was that Lopetuigi? I suppose it was quite difficult to keep up with the number of managers knocking us back last summer

Fonseca was coming but then Paratici pulled the plug because he thought Conte would take it then Conte got cold feet and meanwhile Fonseca got the hump so Paratici got Gattuso but then Paratici got cold feet cos the fans revolted and then there was nobody left apart from Nuno. I’m not sure where Lopetegui fits in perhaps earlier around the time Hansi Flick was allegedly interested.

Fonseca was coming but then Paratici pulled the plug because he thought Conte would take it then Conte got cold feet and meanwhile Fonseca got the hump so Paratici got Gattuso but then Paratici got cold feet cos the fans revolted and then there was nobody left apart from Nuno. I’m not sure where Lopetegui fits in perhaps earlier around the time Hansi Flick was allegedly interested.
Looking forward to the next episode coming to a screen near us soon….

Lopetegui was a bit earlier - I think the chronological order went something like: Poch, Conte, Lopetegui, Fonseca, Gattuso, Santo

Lopetegui was a bit earlier - I think the chronological order went something like: Poch, Conte, Lopetegui, Fonseca, Gattuso, Santo

Conte, Poch then the rest....Conte was going to join but Poch was over and had dinner with Levy who thought they would be able to persuade PSG to release him, they stalled on Conte, PSG quoted a price, we cooled then Conte cooled on us....was an absolute mockery by Levy on that one

Given what a sh1t show the footballing side of our club is, any and every potential manager and their agents will be playing hard ball. Levy is not to be trusted as an employer for a manager given his decades long history of not really enabling them to do their jobs properly.

Nope, same reason people go to Chelsea plus any other fudging club that fires managers easily, i.e. salary

E.g. the guy taking Napoli to title in Italy is earning €3.5M/yr, Conte is earning £13.5M/yr and that is not an anomaly, Jose and Poch were both very well paid compared to pretty much every club in the world.

To quote Ancelotti "I have been fired from every job I ever had" no manager is going to care that they fail (it's inevitable).

There is a belting clip doing the rounds on Twitter. Towards the end of the match just before Sanchez comes on. Conte is telling Kane something on the touchline, while Mason is stood by and clearly has no idea what Conte is talking about, just shrugging his shoulders to Kane as he walks away

There is a belting clip doing the rounds on Twitter. Towards the end of the match just before Sanchez comes on. Conte is telling Kane something on the touchline, while Mason is stood by and clearly has no idea what Conte is talking about, just shrugging his shoulders to Kane as he walks away
Haha made me crack up, literally no one had a clue what Conte was going on about by looks of it (I get it could be something else) but was an embarrassing look

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back