• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

This might be a good test of the character of our players. You would think they would want CL next year, so will not need Conte to motivate them to give it their all in the last 12 games. Provided, of course, they are not hamstrung by silly tactics. If Conte does stay through the end of the season, he better be more flexible in his formations and bench out-of-form players. One can hope.

You'd have thought they'd give it all against milan. We seem to fail character tests.

You'd have thought they'd give it all against milan. We seem to fail character tests.

I didn’t think there was much wrong with the effort of the players last night. They worked very hard but they were playing in a straight jacket.

Son, for example, had a miserable evening but at the end he was busting a nut to get back and defend when they broke 3 v 2.

Richarlisons interview confirms he's not happy being benched. Or getting knocked out. Nothing else.

Although after recent performances i wouldn't expect them to be happy.

You have been on here long enough to know you have to read between the lines;)

I agree, its the others that get all crystal ball.

Don't get me wrong we're all guilty of it. Using a rumour to support our positions. But when we have actual quotes from people, yes you can try and read between the lines and make your own suppositions. But don't state those suppositions as fact.

Yes i know it tinkles people off.

Don't get me wrong we're all guilty of it. Using a rumour to support our positions. But when we have actual quotes from people, yes you can try and read between the lines and make your own suppositions. But don't state those suppositions as fact.

Yes i know it tinkles people off.

That depends on what side of the fence they want to sit on.

i keep seeing that "if Conte has the players he will compete". But i still can't wrap my head around this.

1) no Top 8 teams play with 2 CMs in the modern PL game (i might be mistaken but does any team play it apart from us)?

2) yesterday watching, several times we won the ball in the middle and instead of breaking forward, pass went backwards. I think this is a purposeful instruction - Sarr won the ball, passed it backwards instead of moving forwards, a few seconds later we lost the ball and Romero had to hack down and get booked. Go rewind and watch you will see what i mean. I think this is also why Bissouma has struggled, at Brighton last season he would have attacked from that moment as more box to box type activity, now he has to pass backwards and sit. He rarely moves into the final 3rd.

3) Despite looking poor yesterday across the board pretty much, our squad strength clearly lies in attack (Kane, Son, Kulu, Richarlisn, Danjuma) - seems like time and time again we are wasting the players we do have and should be focused on to play a type of defensive football which we cannot rely on. Yet how much did we actually trouble their goalkeeper? Last night we only looked like scoring through set pieces, rarely in open play did we trouble them.

4) lack of rotation is so infuriating. Our first sub was on the 70th minute despite Kulu and Son both being worthy of being hooked at HT. Danjuma was in the CL Team of the Season last year. Surely him and Richy deserved more time than the final 20?

I just don't see the positives. I appreciate Conte has done wonders in Italy and won a league in PL, but i have to ask, has football already moved on from him at least in the PL? His unwillingness to adapt to the obvious is troubling.

went back and re-read my post several weeks back.

Can copy and paste this for any of our last three games and most this season

went back and re-read my post several weeks back.

Can copy and paste this for any of our last three games and most this season

On your first point. Tuchel and enrique both have played that way. Yes enrique would also use 433 (especially for spain).

Not saying it's right. Just mentioning it as they are 2 managers linked to us.

Imagine though if conte was as brave and commanding as people thought
He could resign and walk into a new job in the summer
But that takes balls

Would cost him a couple of million. It all comes down to that in the end for most of them. Poch did the same thing; veiled digs at the board in an attempt to prompt a sacking. Mourinho too.

Would cost him a couple of million. It all comes down to that in the end for most of them. Poch did the same thing; veiled digs at the board in an attempt to prompt a sacking. Mourinho too.

To be fair, you can't blame them. I always laugh at the fans who think they "should just resign". Bollox they should, they have a contract, they should try to get as much paid out as they can like the rest of us would.

To be fair, you can't blame them. I always laugh at the fans who think they "should just resign". Bollox they should, they have a contract, they should try to get as much paid out as they can like the rest of us would.
I agree
But I also think a man who has made it clear he wants out
Bu5 also makes a big thing of bravery should maybe be… brave

Back