• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We could.But it would be a miracle.

I don’t think it would take much tbh. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are slowing up and Arsenal have started their downward trajectory.

Whether we’ve got the mental strength to take advantage, I’m not sure.

I don’t think it would take much tbh. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are slowing up and Arsenal have started their downward trajectory.

Whether we’ve got the mental strength to take advantage, I’m not sure.

We don't, yesterday proved it.
Another chance to pile pressure on and we collapse.
That game was so reminiscent of some many in the recent past that its not a surprise any more.
NLD where lamela scored the rabona, everything was there for us to go on and dominate them.
F a cup game against utd, i think it was dele put us one up, we stopped playing.
And there's so many others.
There's a weakness in there that we just cannot shake. We seldom pull together anymore, its like little groups playing, not a whole team.

We don't, yesterday proved it.
Another chance to pile pressure on and we collapse.
That game was so reminiscent of some many in the recent past that its not a surprise any more.
NLD where lamela scored the rabona, everything was there for us to go on and dominate them.
F a cup game against utd, i think it was dele put us one up, we stopped playing.
And there's so many others.
There's a weakness in there that we just cannot shake. We seldom pull together anymore, it’s like little groups playing, not a whole team.
It exactly the same pattern as last season though
Beat city lose to Burnley

Last week was a free hit, few expected us to win. But we played exactly how i would expect a conte team to play.
I see motivation is being mentioned, i don't think there is a motivation problem per se, i think there is a problem with motivation to play to the managers instructions/tactics in certain games.
If the players don't trust the manager we have a problem, when the players repeatedly don't trust the managers we have a massive problem, and thats the same issues that are being talked about over four managers.

We could.But it would be a miracle.

I guess it's a minor point but the idea of a Spurs reaching 4th in a league to enable us to receive money for being in a competition we've little to no hope of winning as a miracle, is sort of mocking the notion of a miracle, and the team itself. A team of our ability/ status should mean that reaching CL is a reasonable achievement, history would show that actually winning something would more of a miracle but that's a can of worms.

But I don't want to start the CL debate so Conte in / out depending on whether it's good or bad for the club!!!!!!! Who knows at this stage?

In his defence, we're still in the mix for top four, we're among the last 16 teams in the CL and we're still in the FA Cup.

All of this in the span of six months where our top scorer from last year stopped scoring, our fitness coach died, we had injuries to basically all key players bar Kane (jinx alert), we had WC disruption, and Conte himself lost another close friend (Vialli) to cancer and had to have emergency surgery himself.

We've played poorly, there's plenty of room for improvement, but it's been a very challenging first half of the season too - we gotta give Conte that as well, while we critizise him for his stubbornness and late subs.

Talk of sacking him is extremely premature, IMO. He's been at the club for less than a year and a half. This is his first, full season. We're rebuilding. Be patient.

Great post, thank you for restoring some reason into the thread after all the negativity ( and some way over the top moaning) from some.

In his defence, we're still in the mix for top four, we're among the last 16 teams in the CL and we're still in the FA Cup.

All of this in the span of six months where our top scorer from last year stopped scoring, our fitness coach died, we had injuries to basically all key players bar Kane (jinx alert), we had WC disruption, and Conte himself lost another close friend (Vialli) to cancer and had to have emergency surgery himself.

We've played poorly, there's plenty of room for improvement, but it's been a very challenging first half of the season too - we gotta give Conte that as well, while we critizise him for his stubbornness and late subs.

Talk of sacking him is extremely premature, IMO. He's been at the club for less than a year and a half. This is his first, full season. We're rebuilding. Be patient.

Agreed. Yesterday was a really painful watch. We looked clueless after they got their first goal. Soft goals being conceded again. On the ball play not good enough. Pressing not functional.

But it's one poor game after a couple of good performances. The inconsistency needs to be fixed, but hoping for that to be fixed already was asking for a lot.

Injuries are back, key player again in Bentancur particularly. Packed fixture list is back. I would like to see improvements on how we deal with that.

He, and the club, need to make a decision in the coming months though. Commit or walk. The uncertainty over his future won't be a good thing if it keeps going.

Well if Pochettino caught any of the game he might be thinking his chances of returning went up a few more per cent.

I would happily accept him back, just to see better football and a bit of feel-good factor around the ground. 2nd choice would be Thomas Frank, and for me, he could bring Raya, Mee and Toney with him in Summer

Last week the players had a new voice on the training ground and changing room and formation and tactics were pretty spot on, should have kept that for next 2/3 games and Conte should not have rushed back so soon - he looks zapped.

Back