• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

But if we sacked him, it'd just involve paying up whatevers left on his deal? So we may as well leave it til the summer.
It’s a toss up
What’s better or worse
A guy who can still get us over the line or a new guy who would be having to change things mid season

Personally I definitely would not sack Conte, however I would not lose any sleep if he wants to go back to Italy in the summer.

We had 3 gormless central defenders marking 1 striker and they failed miserably.

We had Kulu and Son trying to out do each other as to who could be more modicre and Conte saw fit not to make an offensive player change until the 75th minute.

That was pathetic by Conte

In his defence, we're still in the mix for top four, we're among the last 16 teams in the CL and we're still in the FA Cup.

All of this in the span of six months where our top scorer from last year stopped scoring, our fitness coach died, we had injuries to basically all key players bar Kane (jinx alert), we had WC disruption, and Conte himself lost another close friend (Vialli) to cancer and had to have emergency surgery himself.

We've played poorly, there's plenty of room for improvement, but it's been a very challenging first half of the season too - we gotta give Conte that as well, while we critizise him for his stubbornness and late subs.

Talk of sacking him is extremely premature, IMO. He's been at the club for less than a year and a half. This is his first, full season. We're rebuilding. Be patient.

In his defence, we're still in the mix for top four, we're among the last 16 teams in the CL and we're still in the FA Cup.

All of this in the span of six months where our top scorer from last year stopped scoring, our fitness coach died, we had injuries to basically all key players bar Kane (jinx alert), we had WC disruption, and Conte himself lost another close friend (Vialli) to cancer and had to have emergency surgery himself.

We've played poorly, there's plenty of room for improvement, but it's been a very challenging first half of the season too - we gotta give Conte that as well, while we critizise him for his stubbornness and late subs.

Talk of sacking him is extremely premature, IMO. He's been at the club for less than a year and a half. This is his first, full season. We're rebuilding. Be patient.
It’s not sacking
It’s him not wanting to commit to being here
He needs to make that call or fudge off

If i thought there was an FA Cup at the end of the season I could live with watching this dross for another 3 1/2 months, but we all know that's not happening.

So as well as counting down the months until I retire, now I have to start counting the games until the end of the season and hopefully a new manager that at least brings some entertainment onto the pitch

But we're playing eyepiercingly dull football and are regressing, despite having spent a lot of money. We're worse than we were 12 months ago

I’m not sure that’s correct, we’d only just got Bentancur and Kulusevski this time last year. I’d say March we really started looking like a team and that continued till end of May.

You would expect a world class manager to push on though, especially with the backing, not go backwards

I can accept that we are still in 2 cups but then again, if you had given me the job in the summer I would have been in 3 cups and a shot at the title, does not mean I am the right man for the job

You would expect a world class manager to push on though, especially with the backing, not go backwards

I can accept that we are still in 2 cups but then again, if you had given me the job in the summer I would have been in 3 cups and a shot at the title, does not mean I am the right man for the job
With respect, we’d have been in no cups and in the relegation zone at this stage.

Grays out

If i thought there was an FA Cup at the end of the season I could live with watching this dross for another 3 1/2 months, but we all know that's not happening.

So as well as counting down the months until I retire, now I have to start counting the games until the end of the season and hopefully a new manager that at least brings some entertainment onto the pitch
Parallels with Graham and Ramos then. I think thats where he'll go in our history books (at best)

With respect, we’d have been in no cups and in the relegation zone at this stage.

Grays out

Absolutely haha, but that said, I would not say that Conte managing to navigate the CL group stage and a win against Portsmouth and Preston North End ranks as very challenging yet. I am sure if we are all being honest, we are not winning the CL so all hinges on an FA Cup win, I look forward to it ;)

Yesterday was an embarrassment. We got battered.

With his whole non committal beyond the season I feel we should just cut our ties now. Season is not beyond saving yet. Can’t see him turning it around myself.

Just the fact Son continues to start is poor from what is supposed to be an elite manager.
Also having pony CBs so instead of adding in midfield where our options look better you play 3 CBs.

So called elite managers should be able to find another system to play with this squad that will get results.

Ugly stuff all round. 15 million a year looks like he’s stealing a living.

Last edited:

With his whole non committal beyond the season I feel we should just cut our ties now. Season is not beyond saving yet. Can’t see him turning it around myself.

Just the fact Son continues to start is poor from what is supposed to be an elite manager.
Also having pony CBs so instead of adding in midfield where our options look better you play 3 CBs.

Watching it a second time albeit highlights and it was worse than I thought at the time. We were lucky, we could have easily lost by 7 and it would have been fair.

It was a disaster yesterday, utterly disastrous

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

So called elite managers should be able to find another system to play with this squad that will get results.

We could still get CL with some effort even with the injuries

Back