• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I think that description of what fans think at best describes a small minority of fans. Certainly doesn't seem to fit what most people on here are saying.

I think what Conte says publically may have the effect you describe. But I also think too much weight gets put on what managers say in public because that's what we and the media have access to.

I think realistic expectations for both development now and time frames can be helpful for the players. I'm not convinced the alternatives would be better. Confidence mostly comes from playing well and winning.

Disagree completely on this one

- Our away fans (the ones who back the team to the last) have started in on the Levy out brick (for a club that is in last 16 of CL & FA Cup and 5th in the league), ask them why? we are playing brick to watch football and the manager hasn't been backed (that is Conte's messaging landing, amazing the "brick to watch" lands on Levy)
- Look through this board, people are trying to convince me that Nick Pope, Dan Burns, a 31 year old Scharr, Botman and a 31 year old Tripps managed by Howe is somehow easily able to manage conceding 1 goal in the last 11, but we leak goals like a sieve because of the players we have not being good enough?

If Conte losses against City and comes back with his brick about needing years to compete, it's just creating a toxic environment (something we really don't need help with)

presume that he means he'll be missing for the City game as a minimum?

Might be at the training ground late next week but not taking training etc for another 2-3 weeks?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallbladder-removal/recovery/#:~:text=After open surgery, you'll,take you home from hospital.

"After open surgery, you'll usually have to stay in hospital for 3 to 5 days, and your recovery time will be longer. It can take around 3 to 4 weeks to return to your normal activities, and 6 to 8 weeks if you have a more manual job. In either case, you'll need to arrange for someone to take you home from hospital."

fudging hell .. something about Spurs and having nice things ..

Disagree completely on this one

- Our away fans (the ones who back team to the last) have started in on the Levy out brick (for a club that is in last 16 of CL & FA Cup and 5th in the league), ask them why? we are playing brick to watch football and the manager hasn't been backed (that is Conte's messaging landing, amazing the "brick to watch" lands on Levy)
- Look through this board, people are trying to convince me that Nick Pope, Dan Burns, a 31 year old Scharr, Botman and a 31 year old Tripps managed by Howe is somehow easily able to manage conceding 1 goal in the last 11, but we leak goals like a sieve because of the players we have not being good enough?

If Conte losses against City and comes back with his brick about needing years to compete, it's just creating a toxic environment (something we really don't need help with)

I don't see Levy out as an expression of something in line with what you said.

I don't think it's been easy for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They've done well, they've also outperformed their xG against over this time period.

We haven't been good enough defensively compared to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Yes, some of that is on Conte. But some of that is also that Pope has been a better goalkeeper than Lloris. Our players at the back, bar Romero, aren't significantly better than the Saudi Sportswashing Machine lads you mentioned. And several of them have made big and costly individual errors that aren't down to coaching.

That's not to say there's nothing Conte can do better.

Their xG against this season is 27.8. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's is 20.5. We don't have much better players at the back overall, but should probably have managed to be at a similar level. I'd put a bit of that down to individual errors, but not all of it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallbladder-removal/recovery/#:~:text=After open surgery, you'll,take you home from hospital.

"After open surgery, you'll usually have to stay in hospital for 3 to 5 days, and your recovery time will be longer. It can take around 3 to 4 weeks to return to your normal activities, and 6 to 8 weeks if you have a more manual job. In either case, you'll need to arrange for someone to take you home from hospital."

Will levy be taking him home?

I think this is bad news both for him personally on top of a difficult few months as well as the club. He’s effectively a lame duck at this stage and this will hasten his departure imo. I expect a further announcement soon.

Not sure I would reach that conclusion, apart from any bit of illness which takes you out for a while isnt good news

I dont see how he's a lame duck. Porro will add a lot to the team and I think will make us much more entertaining to watch. We have no pace at the moment so if we're less painful to watch, fans will be less on his back.

We're also one decent window from having a very competitive team. Add a GK and 2 CBs in the summer and we might have a team which Conte is excited by, as well as some reasonable subs

Hopefully he has a quick and comfortable recovery.

I wonder what tactics the assistant Stellini will have us playing. Will be interesting to see if he shares similar tactical beliefs. Hopefully Conte will be back in a couple of weeks as I’m sure he’d love to be in charge for the Milan CL tie.

Those times are for open surgery, but if a laparoscopic robotic gallbladder operation is available to him, the recovery time would be halved. And the scar would look more like a werewolf’s claw mark, which is a bonus.

Those times are for open surgery, but if a laparoscopic robotic gallbladder operation is available to him, the recovery time would be halved. And the scar would look more like a werewolf’s claw mark, which is a bonus.

Generally speaking, after keyhole surgery you can:

• eat a normal diet straight away – you can return to a normal diet even if you were advised to avoid certain foods before your operation, although you should try to have a generally healthy and balanced diet
  • do gentle exercises, such as walking – but be careful not to push yourself too hard, too soon and ask your surgeon or GP for advice about returning to more strenuous exercise
  • drive again after a week or so – but first make sure you can wear a seatbelt and practise an emergency stop without feeling any discomfort
  • have sex as soon as you feel up to it – but try not to place weight on your wounds until they have healed
  • return to work after 7 to 14 days, depending on what your job involves

LOL, it's just not our season, is it.

Hope he recovers well and comes back soon. I predict he will sign a new contract and be ready to prove the doubters wrong next season, hopefully with a new CB or two on board too.

Back