• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I don't think Gil is going.
Going by Contes rules from the summer, If Danjuma replaces Moura, then someone would have to replace Gil.

Zaniolo? May or may not happen but i wouldn't bet against deals beaing worked on involving Gil out and one coming in before the end of the window which could explain his absence from the starting XI.

Could also be with a week till the next game we wanted to give Kulu more minutes in his legs

Zaniolo? May or may not happen but i wouldn't bet against deals beaing worked on involving Gil out and one coming in before the end of the window which could explain his absence from the starting XI.

Could also be with a week till the next game we wanted to give Kulu more minutes in his legs

Agreed. Think there's something in those Gil links, but that it probably depends on someone else coming in.

Sarr isn't fit I don't think. Gil is about to go on loan in the next couple days so probably why he wasn't risked from the start, Same with Spence.

Sarr has been out for a couple of games.

Gil may go on loan. But also we needed Kulusevski on the pitch with Kane and others being rested.

Spence I think will go on loan if Porro comes in.

Looks like he will get his attacking forward and WB

Punted two promising players out on loan, possibly three if rumors on Skipp are correct.

Needs to deliver on 2nd half of season

Looks like he will get his attacking forward and WB

Punted two promising players out on loan, possibly three if rumors on Skipp are correct.

Needs to deliver on 2nd half of season

Can't see skipp going out being both club trained and hg. Especially with spence going out. Still a day to go though.

Not with that defence

Yeah, because heaven forbid he actually coach, lets compare defenses

Spurs - Lloris (WC winner), Romero (WC Winner), Lenglet (Barcelona), Perisic (multiple winner in different leagues), Dier/Sanchez/Davies (players with multiple years of PL and CL experience)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (1 goal conceded in last 11) - Pope (best club he's played for is Burnley, who would take him?), Scharr (31 year old journeyman, Saudi Sportswashing Machine his only PL club), Dan Burn (Brighton & Wigan), Botman (Lille), Trippier (now 32)

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine lineup held Arsenal scoreless, Spurs fans would freak out if we went after anyone but Trippier in that setup (and he's fudging 32 and was Davies level imo), Conte would likely take none of them, but somehow Howe has them actually defending.

Conte's PR really works ..

Spurs - Lloris (WC winner), Romero (WC Winner), Lenglet (Barcelona), Perisic (multiple winner in different leagues), Dier/Sanchez/Davies (players with multiple years of PL and CL experience)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (1 goal conceded in last 11) - Pope (best club he's played for is Burnley, who would take him?), Scharr (31 year old journeyman, Saudi Sportswashing Machine his only PL club), Dan Burn (Brighton & Wigan), Botman (Lille), Trippier (now 32)

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine lineup held Arsenal scoreless, Spurs fans would freak out if we went after anyone but Trippier in that setup (and he's fudging 32 and was Davies level imo), Conte would likely take none of them, but somehow Howe has them actually defending.

What players have done in the past doesn't necessarily reflect on what they will do now or in the future. Would you really want Lloris ahead of Pope?

I think the description of the various players is somewhat unfair/biased.

Difficult to coach out some of those individual errors several of our players have made.

That being said, yes, we should do better.

I think the description of the various players is somewhat unfair/biased.

Difficult to coach out some of those individual errors several of our players have made.

That being said, yes, we should do better.

What players have done in the past doesn't necessarily reflect on what they will do now or in the future. Would you really want Lloris ahead of Pope?

People typically don't want Pickford, you think anyone wants Pope? and prior to this season I would pick Lloris every time. Scharr? Dan Burn? come on, you really have to be reaching if we start justifying these guys over ours, Tripps wasn't good enough for us 4 years ago. Botman is the only one that is in the promise category, all the rest are exactly what they are, at best decent PL level players.

Confidence and a fan base 100% behind the team/club helps.

People typically don't want Pickford, you think anyone wants Pope? and prior to this season I would pick Lloris every time. Scharr? Dan Burn? come on, you really have to be reaching if we start justifying these guys over ours, Tripps wasn't good enough for us 4 years ago. Botman is the only one that is in the promise category, all the rest are exactly what they are, at best decent PL level players.
You are over stating our players though.

Lloris and Perisic were once really good players, they aren't now. Dier and Davies are decent, Sanchez is poor, just because they have a lot of experience doesn't mean they are good players. Just because Lenglet came from Barca doesn't make him a great player (he's not). Tripps was good enough for us 4 years ago, he wanted out.

I'm not defending Conte he should be doing better with what he has, but we've the worst keeper in the PL and that is having a huge impact on the defence. Pope is a good keeper and would be a big upgrade on Lloris at this stage.

I said on another thread this, yes however has added 2/3 big money names but actually has spent alot less than others thing and the rest has come down to good coaching and a good feeling.

That said I do think there has been a joined up approach on purchases regardless of cost, he has got the players to plug the gaps in their line up which has resulted in their system working.

That said (again) and to keep on topic....I also think Conte could have done better with what he had/has and too many excuses made for him on why he can't which your point argues against about good coaching and improving (I agree with)

Our fans would be behind the feelgood positivity if they saw those improvements or times when a manager rolls the dice, any feelgood starts on the pitch ala the run last season

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Our fans would be behind the feelgood positivity if they saw those improvements or times when a manager rolls the dice, any feelgood starts on the pitch ala the run last season

Our fans bitch ceaselessly, which I'm sure people will be at pains to explain to me "why they should/expect to/whatever"

I really miss the days of Jol where just getting to Europe had us excited, playing at top level was reward itself.

Now people seem to have a 100 reasons why they can't enjoy where the club is, and who's fault it is.

p.s. (edit). It's one of the issues I have with Conte, he aggravates the bitching with his constant excuses/complaints/positioning

Our fans bitch ceaselessly, which I'm sure people will be at pains to explain to me "why they should/expect to/whatever"

I really miss the days of Jol where just getting to Europe had us excited, playing at top level was reward itself.

Now people seem to have a 100 reasons why they can't enjoy where the club is, and who's fault it is.

p.s. (edit). It's one of the issues I have with Conte, he aggravates the bitching with his constant excuses/complaints/positioning
I agree if you include social media and forums because I'm the same but you go to games and get behind the team with blood guts and thunder for a period till the mood changes. This season that happened 100% especially off the back of last season, but the style and results along with decision making has slowly ebbed away at that.

But even with that, you look at the support at games recently, Palace, Fulham and Preston (even with Levy out bollox) the support has been phenomenal

Very much a two way street

I agree if you include social media and forums because I'm the same but you go to games and get behind the team with blood guts and thunder for a period till the mood changes. This season that happened 100% especially off the back of last season, but the style and results along with decision making has slowly ebbed away at that.

But even with that, you look at the support at games recently, Palace, Fulham and Preston (even with Levy out bollox) the support has been phenomenal

Very much a two way street

Our support (and it's the same with almost every top team now) has gone to brick, the only exception is the away fans (who have also fallen into the Levy out brick, it's a road to the same place)

Our support against Scum was brick, if you can't get up for a game against the Scum, when can you? I have season tickets, and there is lots of people around me that all they do is come to a game to bitch, 5 minutes into, bitch, bitch.

And it's not just us, City fans were booing at HT in our game against them, it's the same for every top side, if leading, great, anything else it's this "entertain me" brick.

Romero is the only stand out better than the corresponding Saudi Sportswashing Machine players imo. And he's been injured most of the season. Perisic, sure, but not defensively.

Schar is a good player. Boatman too, was linked to us and several big clubs iirc. Pope is currently better than Lloris.

We should be doing better, but it's not like we have much better players player for player.

Some of it may be down to coaching. Howe has had very brittle teams at times in the past. Conte has had very solid teams in the past. I wouldn't put that much of it on the coaching.

You are over stating our players though.

Lloris and Perisic were once really good players, they aren't now. Dier and Davies are decent, Sanchez is poor, just because they have a lot of experience doesn't mean they are good players. Just because Lenglet came from Barca doesn't make him a great player (he's not). Tripps was good enough for us 4 years ago, he wanted out.

I'm not defending Conte he should be doing better with what he has, but we've the worst keeper in the PL and that is having a huge impact on the defence. Pope is a good keeper and would be a big upgrade on Lloris at this stage.

Lloris and others making frequent individual errors that are really difficult to influence with coaching is definitely a solid part of it.

That kind of thing will definitely impact confidence and belief. Creates more issues, difficult spiral to get out of. As, imo, Howe himself has experienced in the past.

Hopefully Conte can sort out some of these issues. Interesting that we've chosen to go with an attacking option and an attacking wing back with defensive issues as our primary targets this window.

I think if we start playing better overall and create more issues for opponents in the first half, stop going behind almost every game our defending will improve too.

But if we keep making those individual errors at a similar rate I'm not sure that will be enough.

Back