• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

LOL, it's just not our season, is it.

Hope he recovers well and comes back soon. I predict he will sign a new contract and be ready to prove the doubters wrong next season, hopefully with a new CB or two on board too.

Really not sure, I think it's very much up in the air

- He's away from his family, he's had some significant personal losses, personal health now and the results/progress are no doubt behind where he wants.

I think if the 2nd half of the season is a struggle, he walks ..

Wonder if Stellini and Mason might ease off the handbrake? Can we recall Spence?

Seriously though, hope he recovers quickly.

- He's away from his family, he's had some significant personal losses, personal health now and the results/progress are no doubt behind where he wants.

To where? No european team will pay him anywhere near what we are. He's been backed.

Maybe chelsea.

Could see it (Potter is on the ropes), would be hilarious to watch him tell the press how their £500M+ worth of signings isn't good enough ..

There's a good chance that might be true. There's none of their big money signings that I'd stake the mortgage on being a success.

Feels like it. Above all he's an emotional so-and-so, and so I doubt he sees these things rationally. He might just think he's better off in Italy with his family instead of busting his gall-bladder in England with friends dying left, right and center and his team struggling to impress.

Not even his massive salary is worth that. Conversely, if he stays it might also be an emotional choice - there was a reporter a while ago claiming that he'd stay until he won something with us, which is 100% an emotional response, not a rational one - 'I'm ace, I'll succeed where everyone failed'.

I don't hold it against him either way - he's had a tough year, and the backing he expected after finishing 4th may or may not have arrived. But I wish he'd take the handbrake off and let us play a bit more, whether or not he fudges off at the end of the season.

we were playing some really good football end of last season with the players we had.
hopefully he can pull it off again with more and better quality options this time.
though the competition has massively strengthened too so it might come down to a tense finish at the end.
perhaps conte strives in that type of atmosphere.

Had they spread these signings out over a few seasons i don't think there are many that would have made you sit up and take notice - it's the fees & the number of players signed that is grabbing your attention
This is classic Spurs forum playing down other teams business. I have no idea how much you’ve seen of these players, and I’m not going to pretend I know the ins and out of all of them signed.

But I can tell you now Nkunku is quality, the Ukrainian winger has looked excellent every time I’ve seen him, Fernandez is a brilliant signing, Badiashile is a very very good centre back who people on here wanted, and that’s just for starters.

If we signed even a couple of who they have people on here would be over the moon - but of course because it’s Chelsea let’s play it down….

This is classic Spurs forum playing down other teams business. I have no idea how much you’ve seen of these players, and I’m not going to pretend I know the ins and out of all of them signed.

But I can tell you now Nkunku is quality, the Ukrainian winger has looked excellent every time I’ve seen him, Fernandez is a brilliant signing, Badiashile is a very very good centre back who people on here wanted, and that’s just for starters.

If we signed even a couple of who they have people on here would be over the moon - but of course because it’s Chelsea let’s play it down….

Most of these signings are promising rather than proven - I've lost count of the number of nailed on future stars that people have said we've missed out on that have come to the PL or other top leagues and done the square root of fudge all, in fact not just ones we've missed out on but ones we've signed as well - so until any of these guys show their quality here in the PL they're just another young player with a hyped potential that may or may not succed.

That said my main point was that the fees and number of signings has increased the hype- you only have to look at last summer & the year of the Bale sale to see that more signings in raises the overall view of the business done.

Last edited:

Equally those that have a hard on for our rivals and a constant downer on their own club won't consider that so many signings could be an issue for the manager and selection and long term harmony of the group.

I mean they spent a fortune in the summer and backed what many consider a world class manager and it didn't work, they have appointed a new manager on 7 year contract and given him another 10+ players ontop of the summer work. It is in the realms of reality to look at that critically and ask questions.

The alternative to Spurs fans playing down Chelsea are those that just believe that money, regardless how its spent is the answer and the only answer...its not

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Most of these signings are promising rather than proven - I've lost count of the number of nailed on future stars that people have said we've missed out on that have come to the PL or other top leagues and done the square root of fudge all, in fact not just ones we've missed out on but ones we've signed as well - so until any of these guys show their quality here in the PL they're just another young player with a hyped potential that may or may not succed.

That said my main point was that the fees and number of signings has increased the hype- you only have to look at last summer & the year of the Bale sale to see that more signings in raises the overall view of the business done.
I said it before, easy to claim we should have signed X,Y,Z but never does anyone come back and say they were wrong, but funnily enough the clubs always wrong...that's football for you.

Equally those that have a hard on for our rivals and a constant downer on their own club won't consider that so many signings could be an issue for the manager and selection and long term harmony of the group.

I mean they spent a fortune in the summer and backed what many consider a world class manager and it didn't work, they have appointed a new manager on 7 year contract and given him another 10+ players ontop of the summer work. It is in the realms of reality to look at that critically and ask questions.

The alternative to Spurs fans playing down Chelsea are those that just believe that money, regardless how its spent is the answer and the only answer...its not

Wasn’t really the point I was picking up on, and I agree with what you are saying. Was purely Billy’s reference to these players not being ones that ‘would make you sit up and take notice’.

We have people creaming themselves over Pedro Porro. They have signed some more skilful and talented players than that. Had we signed these players especially Nkunku, Fernandez and Mudryk everyone on here would be wetting themselves with excitement and saying what a great window we had - let’s not pretend otherwise…..

Wasn’t really the point I was picking up on, and I agree with what you are saying. Was purely Billy’s reference to these players not being ones that ‘would make you sit up and take notice’.

We have people creaming themselves over Pedro Porro. They have signed some more skilful and talented players than that. Had we signed these players especially Nkunku, Fernandez and Mudryk everyone on here would be wetting themselves with excitement and saying what a great window we had - let’s not pretend otherwise…..
Its a good window for them but also leaves alot of questions, questions I would certainly be asking if it was us also.

Back