• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

What if Conte's right in his opinion. If he is and there's a good chance that he is right about the attitude at the club, we will be just going around on a carousel and who ever we get it will be the same spurzy outcome!
and if that is the case well that's not so good.
Is it true he had no desire to continue to manage coach or is he right because something is missing at this club?
You can't put something right until you identify what is wrong!
Also... we may now lose Kane. Not so good.

The thing that was wrong is that we didn't attack for about 40 games

What if Conte's right in his opinion. If he is and there's a good chance that he is right about the attitude at the club, we will be just going around on a carousel and who ever we get it will be the same spurzy outcome!
Is it true he had no desire to continue to manage coach or is he right because something is missing at this club?

is there anyone that doesn't know, deep down, that this is the case?

it doesn't matter who is in the shirt, or the dugout, Spurs gonna Spurs

In which opinion would Conte be right in? That we have selfish players? If we did, why didn't he drop them?

Is he right in the opinion that the club is used to mediocrity? Maybe. But what does he mean by mediocrity? If he means that a proper footballing vision and operation behind it is not in place, he would be right. But if that was the case, then what the hell was he doing taking the Spurs job to begin with? For someone with his experience that would be something that would be easy to identify before accepting the job.

Nah, Conte was right because even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm not saying everything is perfect at the club and that changes aren't needed, but what Conte was pointing out are not it.

The Arsenal thing drives me batty to be honest, I think Arteta and it being a plan on their part is super generous, I think they hired a guy to keep the fans quiet, who wouldn't say brick about the club (would be like us appointing Mason or Parker). He delivered two 8th place finishes in a row (for perspective, we haven't finished 8th since Juade's last season), and the success this season (while earned, you have to do it on the field) is because Pool, Chelsea and to some extent City are having bad seasons, I'm not convinced (whole other conversation) that they have found some long term formula (we will see)

Arsenal have 69 points from 28 games which is 2.4 points per game. At that rate they will finish on 93 points. So no they aren't doing well because everyone else is failing a la Leicester, they are doing well because they are playing well and winning matches. With their points total they would still be challenging City or Liverpool even in their best seasons and would likely win the PL in the majority of seasons assuming they do not collapse at some point. (here's hoping )

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I actually think it was too eager, too early (very odd for a club that has played the long, slow game for decades). My opinion, the club knew the stadium money was coming, felt there was a decent base of players (maybe wrong assumption), and a "right now" appointment with a couple of hundred million could get some immediate success (the attraction makes sense, get the trophy monkey off the back, get CL a couple more times, secure the position of the club).

The Arsenal thing drives me batty to be honest, I think Arteta and it being a plan on their part is super generous, I think they hired a guy to keep the fans quiet, who wouldn't say brick about the club (would be like us appointing Mason or Parker). He delivered two 8th place finishes in a row (for perspective, we haven't finished 8th since Juade's last season), and the success this season (while earned, you have to do it on the field) is because Pool, Chelsea and to some extent City are having bad seasons, I'm not convinced (whole other conversation) that they have found some long term formula (we will see)
No injuries, no serious European competition to concern them, morale building easiest start to the season any club has ever had, all but one refereeing decision their way (and that guy got sacked to scare off the others).

The things outside their control could not have gone better for them this season.

On top of all that, they've had a midfielder that they shouldn't have had for reasons I'm still not allowed to mention here.

Clearly questionable source, but, tf? -> 2km runs BEFORE matches and negative talk: How Antonio Conte's Tottenham reign turned sour | Daily Mail Online

Conte often had them run 2km before matches. Players wouldn't dare moan in his earshot, but privately they were baffled.

Maybe they don't need a manager, really, because I find them easily baffled: they didn't like Mourinho, they didn't like Espirito Santo and they didn't like Conte either. And in the end, they wouldn't play for Pochettino. If these reports were true - fortunately, they're not - they'd be a tough crowd. It's the same crap everytime a manager is sacked. When it's someone they like, readers don't believe it; when it's someone they don't like, obviously, it has to be the truth.

There are some good reporters I agree but there is a difference between that and what I'm personally talking about. I have zero worries about hearing a journalists view based on their expertise, are a few I enjoy reading, but the whole source and rumour stuff, I don't think they know anywhere near as much as others. When you add their want to misinform and also the ability to be misinformed by agents, players and clubs then it's definitely a large pinch of salt for me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

It may be down to meeting consumers demands but I find little match reporting in the articles I've read over the last decade, it's mainly about individuals or club status, the whole world appear to be focused on personality rather than facts.

No injuries, no serious European competition to concern them, morale building easiest start to the season any club has ever had, all but one refereeing decision their way (and that guy got sacked to scare off the others).

The things outside their control could not have gone better for them this season.

On top of all that, they've had a midfielder that they shouldn't have had for reasons I'm still not allowed to mention here.
And.... They've also been the best team in the league this season, playing positively and deserving to win every game they have won.

It may be down to meeting consumers demands but I find little match reporting in the articles I've read over the last decade, it's mainly about individuals or club status, the whole world appear to be focused on personality rather than facts.

I’m not sure there’s the same need for match reporting in the way there was even 10 years ago. Now anyone with a smartphone (basically everyone) can see the important moments in a game 10 minutes after the final whistle.

The focus has therefore turned towards comment even in match reports - which, to my mind, makes them a more interesting read anyhow.

Maybe they don't need a manager, really, because I find them easily baffled: they didn't like Mourinho, they didn't like Espirito Santo and they didn't like Conte either. And in the end, they wouldn't play for Pochettino. If these reports were true - fortunately, they're not - they'd be a tough crowd. It's the same crap everytime a manager is sacked. When it's someone they like, readers don't believe it; when it's someone they don't like, obviously, it has to be the truth.

It's standard fare, the reasons things go wrong is because the players aren't connecting with what the manager is doing, and if the results don't match, it becomes self fulfilling, i.e. I don't understand why this guy is asking me to do this, and result doesn't work out .. see? i told you so

Again, not buying in 100%, but the commentary below is horrendous, if I knew my boss was paid £13.5M/yr and he asked me to solve his problems?

Towards the end of January, Antonio Conte gathered his Tottenham players at the club's Enfield HQ for a heart-to-heart. The Italian wanted to get to the bottom of the team's run of one Premier League win in five, including three damaging defeats. As the final player arrived, Conte walked out - telling his players he wanted them to find the solution to their wretched form. Among the squad, there was a sense that performances and results had been hampered by Conte's rigid and defensive tactics. When senior players reported back to Conte after the crisis talks, they pleaded with him to release the shackles and be more expansive in their attacking play.

Back