• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He probably is waiting on the call, but with every failed manager his hand strengthens and the club weakens.
He knows that, he also knows exactly what it will take for him to return, if the club aren't willing to give him that he won't imho rush back.
And by the club i mean everyone from levy, the board, the players and the fans.
There's no magic wand when it comes to spurs, should poch or another attractive football playing coach come in it will be interesting to see how long those saying they just want good football start clamouring for a trophy.

He wants the job, he's hardly been coy about it

The question is (since quite a few people seem to hint at it), what would it take, what do people think isn't in place?
- His salary -> not a problem, he will get a top 3-5 salary in Europe
- Transfer budget? -> matching Conte's backing is probably as a realistic as he's going to get, so non issue?
- DoF? -> this could be a sticking problem, I wouldn't want Poch picking the players
- Something else?

Reactions: DTA
Don’t disagree. Not the narrative put forward by a few on here, though, who had him sitting by his phone awaiting our call.

Perhaps because they employ journalists who spend their entire professional lives cultivating contacts at clubs, interviewing players and managers, and establishing wider networks from which my they source information?

Meanwhile, GG and other forums are peopled by posters (me included) who voice their own thoughts and theories with no real knowledge base.

One of the things that makes me chuckle on here is the casual dismissal of anything journalists have to say if it doesn’t fit the agenda of a particular poster, often with said journalist being condemned as ‘anti-Spurs.’

they actually now recruit based on a photo and a social media profile
The days of employing industry experts are long gone
Other publications however do employ experts or time served people
And IMO sky aren’t anti spurs
The only person who is, is Matt Law

Perhaps because they employ journalists who spend their entire professional lives cultivating contacts at clubs, interviewing players and managers, and establishing wider networks from which my they source information?

Meanwhile, GG and other forums are peopled by posters (me included) who voice their own thoughts and theories with no real knowledge base.

One of the things that makes me chuckle on here is the casual dismissal of anything journalists have to say if it doesn’t fit the agenda of a particular poster, often with said journalist being condemned as ‘anti-Spurs.’

In the real world though, how much do Sky or any other Journos get right until just before the business is literally done? I mean we all said Conte was toast after his last interview, don't need to be a journo for that? I didn't see any "Today is the day and Stellini is taking over" though till the business is done. Also lets be real here, journos are known liars and speculators as much as the next man, would love to see stats on how many transfer rumours are turned out to be true, frankly from what I see in the press, they have as credible strike rates as the ITKs

There is also the element you don't talk about and thats them not being told the truth by their sources, you think Poch is coming out the day after the Conte sacking or his source and saying "I fancy the job", I think he and other managers have a little more about them to do that, that then leaves it up to the press to write up how they think....

Based on the press being spot on, I am expecting Nagglesmann, De Zerbi and Poch based on reports in the last week....however I doubt it will be all three, that tells you all you need to know about the press and football as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
In the real world though, how much do Sky or any other Journos get right before the business is literally done? I mean we all said Conte was toast after his last interview, don't need to be a journo for that? I didn't see any "Today is the day and Stellini is taking over" though till the business is done. Also lets be real here, journos are known liars and speculators as much as the next man, would love to see stats on how many transfer rumours are turned out to be true, frankly from what I see in the press, they have as credible strike rates as the ITKs

There is also the element you don't talk about and thats them not being told the truth by their sources, you think Poch is coming out the day after the Conte sacking or his source and saying "I fancy the job", I think he and other managers have a little more about them to do that, that then leaves it up to the press to write up how they think....

Based on the press being spot on, I am expecting Nagglesmann, De Zerbi and Poch based on reports in the last week....however I doubt it will be all three, that tells you all you need to know about the press and football as far as I am concerned.

Top post and very true.

In the real world though, how much do Sky or any other Journos get right until just before the business is literally done? I mean we all said Conte was toast after his last interview, don't need to be a journo for that? I didn't see any "Today is the day and Stellini is taking over" though till the business is done. Also lets be real here, journos are known liars and speculators as much as the next man, would love to see stats on how many transfer rumours are turned out to be true, frankly from what I see in the press, they have as credible strike rates as the ITKs

Poch doesn’t even have an agent
I mean the original post is kinda pointless too because we as a club have planned for 10 games and no more now

I think the bigger issue is it's much easier to run with a narrative than a real story, we live in a world where reaction is much more important than facts and/or some level of research

Every single reporter or person in media (probably except Simon Jordan who has his own bias) has followed the fan narrative -> i.e. Conte was out of order but told the truth?
- What fudging truth, our players are selfish? wtf does that even mean, all of them?
- We haven't won anything in 15 years, ok, what fudging divine right do we have to win something? when did Everton, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine win something? what clubs outside of the ones who had the PL/CL headstart (United, Pool, Arsenal) and the money doping one (City, Chelsea) have won anything regularly in last 30 years? (To my knowledge only Leicester has won 2 and where are they now?)
- Club ambition, back the manager? again wtf does this mean at this stage, top level manager paid appropriately, most backed manager in Spurs PL era at least

The club didn't fire Conte because we are obsessed with changing managers, it fired him because he wasn't good enough and took the chicken brick way out and forced a move.

He wants the job, he's hardly been coy about it

The question is (since quite a few people seem to hint at it), what would it take, what do people think isn't in place?
- His salary -> not a problem, he will get a top 3-5 salary in Europe
- Transfer budget? -> matching Conte's backing is probably as a realistic as he's going to get, so non issue?
- DoF? -> this could be a sticking problem, I wouldn't want Poch picking the players
- Something else?

Time.
Not unlimited time obviously, but time to implement an agreed structure and plan.

Purely my opinion and this goes for whatever manager we bring in.
We need someone that can work with the club and that the club can work with.
Agreements on what success is, long term and short term, timescales on achieving that success and what is needed to achieve that success.
A review of that every season.
Don't panic at the first set back.

Levy knows what poch wants and poch knows what levy wants, we know they can work together and by all accounts then want to work together again, so i find it hard to understand why as two grown ups who obviously get on with each other they can't work something out.
The only likely sticking points i can see is the definition of success and the time scale to achieve it.

The 1 and a half year contract gave me some doubt form the start, evident one or both were not sure of each other. Did amazing to get us top 4, albeit Arsenal effectively gave it to us.

He may have been part of the problem with his stubbornness but will always be a manager who summed up the problems with the club very well. His rant post Soton summed up what every man and his dog has known over the past 4 years. The club talks the talk but is happy with just Top 4 and not too bothered about trophies.

Good luck to him, had an awful year personally that I wouldn't wish on anyone, hope he now has the time to heal.
I'm pretty sure other people will have already responded to this, but I beg to differ that the club is happy with just top 4 and not bothered about trophies. If the latter was the case, we wouldn't have hired Jose and Conte, who are win-now-will-guarantee-a-trophy managers.

As for being satisfied with top 4, even if Spurs were purely treated as an investment by ENIC, it wouldn't make sense. Being top 4 and getting the CL revenue is not going to grow the value of the club any more than it currently is. However, winning titles (not FA/EFL cups, but league and CL titles) will substantially increase the club's value. It will raise its profile significantly and open up new or significantly increase existing revenue streams. So, even from a strictly business perspective, winning would be the logical goal for ENIC.

I want every fudging one of them to defend, when we need to.
In my youth i was coached occasionally by a former top division player, who later became manager of Bodø Glimt, Rosenborg, Olympiacos, Brugge etc.
-Attack when you can, defend when you have to, was his mantra.
Trond Sollid?

I think the bigger issue is it's much easier to run with a narrative than a real story, we live in a world where reaction is much more important than facts and/or some level of research

Every single reporter or person in media (probably except Simon Jordan who has his own bias) has followed the fan narrative -> i.e. Conte was out of order but told the truth?
- What fudging truth, our players are selfish? wtf does that even mean, all of them?
- We haven't won anything in 15 years, ok, what fudging divine right do we have to win something? when did Everton, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine win something? what clubs outside of the ones who had the PL/CL headstart (United, Pool, Arsenal) and the money doping one (City, Chelsea) have won anything regularly in last 30 years? (To my knowledge only Leicester has won 2 and where are they now?)
- Club ambition, back the manager? again wtf does this mean at this stage, top level manager paid appropriately, most backed manager in Spurs PL era at least

The club didn't fire Conte because we are obsessed with changing managers, it fired him because he wasn't good enough and took the chicken brick way out and forced a move.
It's all narrative driving, like I said before have a mate who worked at the Mail and Mirror and they would drop stories in to drive fan opinion rather than report thr truth, drive that and you have the power to influence sackings etc...that's the game and the power they love.

Just because you can form your own opinion based on the facts known and not always be swayed by the press doesn't mean you think k you know better, its just called balance.

If anyone wants to see what reports cause just see twitter and YouTube...."Conte wants Porro...bet we dont get him, Porros not signing....sack the board....oh Porros signed"

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

It's all narrative driving, like I said before have a mate who worked at the Mail and Mirror and they would drop stories in to drive fan opinion rather than report thr truth, drive that and you have the power to influence sackings etc...that's the game and the power they love.

Just because you can form your own opinion based on the facts known and not always be swayed by the press doesn't mean you think k you know better, its just called balance.

If anyone wants to see what reports cause just see twitter and YouTube...."Conte wants Porro...bet we dont get him, Porros not signing....sack the board....oh Porros signed"

Depends which sources you choose to read, I suppose. There are some pretty balanced journalists out there - if you avoid pretty obvious to avoid places, like the Mail and the Mirror.

Depends which sources you choose to read, I suppose. There are some pretty balanced journalists out there - if you avoid pretty obvious to avoid places, like the Mail and the Mirror.
There are some good reporters I agree but there is a difference between that and what I'm personally talking about. I have zero worries about hearing a journalists view based on their expertise, are a few I enjoy reading, but the whole source and rumour stuff, I don't think they know anywhere near as much as others. When you add their want to misinform and also the ability to be misinformed by agents, players and clubs then it's definitely a large pinch of salt for me

I couldn't care less. Most overhyped manager out there. Not his fault, really. It's out fault for hiring him in the first place. The man can't win if he's not managing a club that's in the top 2 spenders in its league.

What if Conte's right in his opinion. If he is and there's a good chance that he is right about the attitude at the club, we will be just going around on a carousel and who ever we get it will be the same spurzy outcome!
and if that is the case well that's not so good.
Is it true he had no desire to continue to manage coach or is he right because something is missing at this club?
You can't put something right until you identify what is wrong!
Also... we may now lose Kane. Not so good.

Back