• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Systematic breakdown....he is going ain't he?

He will be a martyr to some, and with some reason, but he isn't totally clean in all this.

This season he has taken us backwards, I don't really wanna read the "4th on paper" we had a chance to go provisional 3rd today beating the bottom side given how the seasons unfolded and he can't even set a team up to do that.

Some of the decisions and hard headed decisions have harmed any chance of development or pushing on as a team.

Thanks for last season, you are clearly a good manager but bad fit and bad sulky end that you should know better than

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Whether he's right or not doesn't change the fact he's saying what he is because he knows he doesn't have any answers
Absolutely. He doesn’t have the answers and he knows it. Neither did Mourinho. Is Poch going to be the magic bullet? I doubt it (but yes at least we can enjoy the football again etc). Until after a while we don’t win anything and need another rebuild, same issues crop up and the fans get impatient again. It’s a never ending cycle, is there a magic bullet of a manager out there? Nope. We need a change in direction from the very top, and I’m someone who has always been positive about Levy’s contribution to the club….

Whether he's right or not doesn't change the fact he's saying what he is because he knows he doesn't have any answers and to mask his own failings
And it's not his job to sabotage the season by making comments that a fan might, its his to win football matches, he is part of the culture he is moaning about if he likes it or not. He might wanna separate himself and some fans will lap it up but he is as much to blame as anyone here.

Absolutely. He doesn’t have the answers and he knows it. Neither did Mourinho. Is Poch going to be the magic bullet? I doubt it (but yes at least we can enjoy the football again etc). Until after a while we don’t win anything and need another rebuild, same issues crop up and the fans get impatient again. It’s a never ending cycle, is there a magic bullet of a manager out there? Nope. We need a change in direction from the very top, and I’m someone who has always been positive about Levy’s contribution to the club….

All we can do is hire managers that play good football, be smart in the transfer market and hope for that stroke of luck when a trophy is on the line.

Probably won't need that unless we have to build another stadium and have to reign in transfer spending over several years/windows again

We can fudge up against anyone when we are in any position in a game. Again, part of his point.

Im not defending him, but it’s hard to argue against him having valid points in what he’s said this evening.

What that we have a superior team and squad? That seems to repeatedly lose to lesser opposition? How is that levys fault? He doesn't pick the team, the tactics, the players or do team talks to motivate them.

Yes previously times were tight building the stadium. Money went to that rather than on players. Not in the last few years and certainly not under conte and paratici. We've been one of the biggest spenders in europe.

I'll be happy with new owners. I've said it repeatedly. But this isn't on levy. Picking conte is though and i said that if conte fails levy should step down.

This. There is only one constant in 22 years of failure to win, and it is the owners.

They are owners from 2001 playing at being Premier League owners in 2022. The league left them and their scrimping and saving behind ten years ago, and now they're starting to belatedly try to spend a bit of cash, they're realizing they simply cannot compete against the giants around them.

But it isn't just their lack of spending power - it's also their brick decisions. Premier League clubs these days employ hordes of analysts, scour the world for talent with massive scouting networks, set up multi-club partnerships to maximise market opportunities.

Levy ran with himself, Pleat and Hitchen as our scouting network for three years straight. We haven't had a club partnership since Internacional, and that only got us Sandro and no one else. Our backroom staff are a sick joke - we didn't employ a psychotherapist until earlier this year when it was clear for years these players are mentally weak bottlers who need that sort of constant support to perform. And GHod knows what is up with our physio team.

We're run like Levy's Mr. Byrite discount clothes shop as opposed to a Premier League operation, and it's showing now. Fifteen years ago, he was an innovator who brought data-based scouting and efficiency to backroom operations to the Premier League. Now he's just been left behind, so even the one thing he could use to try to compete against all the flat out *better* club owners around him, he's now lost.

And it shows, in the way we build squads, the way we lose games, the way we limp out of cups. It shows in Davinson Sanchez, Ben Davies and Eric Dier hanging on at the club for close to a decade. It shows in the shambolic way we run our youth teams.

Levy didn’t make the defensive subs today
Levy is part of the “mentality” but I’d argue he is more desperate to win the than anyone at the club
We have to look for a coach first and foremost who doesn’t see us a step down
Conte and Mou have seen us a poor outfit in their approaches and attitudes IMO
That can be on levy too but he does believe we are the biggest and best…

This. There is only one constant in 22 years of failure to win, and it is the owners.

They are owners from 2001 playing at being Premier League owners in 2022. The league left them and their scrimping and saving behind ten years ago, and now they're starting to belatedly try to spend a bit of cash, they're realizing they simply cannot compete against the giants around them.

But it isn't just their lack of spending power - it's also their brick decisions. Premier League clubs these days employ hordes of analysts, scour the world for talent with massive scouting networks, set up multi-club partnerships to maximise market opportunities.

Levy ran with himself, Pleat and Hitchen as our scouting network for three years straight. We haven't had a club partnership since Internacional, and that only got us Sandro and no one else. Our backroom staff are a sick joke - we didn't employ a psychotherapist until earlier this year when it was clear for years these players are mentally weak bottlers who need that sort of constant support to perform. And GHod knows what is up with our physio team.

We're run like Levy's Mr. Byrite discount clothes shop as opposed to a Premier League operation, and it's showing now. Fifteen years ago, he was an innovator who brought data-based scouting and efficiency to backroom operations to the Premier League. Now he's just been left behind, so even the one thing he could use to try to compete against all the flat out *better* club owners around him, he's now lost.

And it shows, in the way we build squads, the way we lose games, the way we limp out of cups. It shows in Davinson Sanchez, Ben Davies and Eric Dier hanging on at the club for close to a decade. It shows in the shambolic way we run our youth teams.
We have 2 of the players you always refer too left
And only one was on the pitch for most of the game
Penny pinching or whatever you want to call it… this was on conte bottling it today

What that we have a superior team and squad? That seems to repeatedly lose to lesser opposition? How is that levys fault? He doesn't pick the team, the tactics, the players or do team talks to motivate them.

Yes previously times were tight building the stadium. Money went to that rather than on players. Not in the last few years and certainly not under conte and paratici. We've been one of the biggest spenders in europe.

I'll be happy with new owners. I've said it repeatedly. But this isn't on levy. Picking conte is though and i said that if conte fails levy should step down.
The point about having a superior squad is a slightly moot point when complaining about individual games in This league. Every team is capable of beating everyone. What matters is where you are and finish in the league. Yes we drew away to the team bottom of the league, yet we are fourth (albeit having played more games). We must of beaten some decent teams to be up there, and the league at both top and bottom bar the top 2 is so congested because there is very thin lines between the majority of matches. Yes on paper we have a better squad but if I went through all the ‘top teams’ results I’m sure there would be these types of results for all of them. You just have to be as consistent as possible in preventing them, obviously we have had a few but considering where we are sitting we certainly haven’t been THAT bad….

Constantly relies on the weakest part of the team as his goto tactic...playing 5 defenders

People will blame the players and board with some reason, but let's not pretend that we have failed to beat a Championship side a soon to be Championship side and the worst AC Milan side in 5 years.

Exactly. He is the guy that sets us up to play the game in the area of the pitch we are weakest.

As much as what you say may be true, there is also no getting away from the fact that Conte has also added to this, for him to somehow try and vindicate himself and excuse his involvement, that's cowardly

I know you are against Levy and that's fine but even you can probably agree that it's also not exactly the right thing to do in sabotaging the rest of the season as he has today.

I can accept what he has said, I can't accept him saying it and doing so in public

The point about having a superior squad is a slightly moot point when complaining about individual games in This league. Every team is capable of beating everyone. What matters is where you are and finish in the league. Yes we drew away to the team bottom of the league, yet we are fourth (albeit having played more games). We must of beaten some decent teams to be up there, and the league at both top and bottom bar the top 2 is so congested because there is very thin lines between the majority of matches. Yes on paper we have a better squad but if I went through all the ‘top teams’ results I’m sure there would be these types of results for all of them. You just have to be as consistent as possible in preventing them, obviously we have had a few but considering where we are sitting we certainly haven’t been THAT bad….

No the point is what conte is complaining about! It's his comments.

His comments last week showed you he wanted the sack. He’s now doubled down with interest. He’s stinking the place out. Board are already responsible for a few lost points and a CL exit. Let’s see how much longer it goes on for.

It will almost certainly be Ryan Mason until the end of the season and then we will hire our 7th choice 4 days before the window closes in August.

Back