• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I wonder if you’d been off work following surgery and hadn’t caught up with your work yet on your first day, would you deserve the sack too?
If you have staff that are on massive wages who can easily take your place whilst taking your instructions remotely, then yes you deserve the sack if not performing.

You were asking for him to be sacked pre-surgery too?
Nope, and don’t expect him to be sacked now. Will be mutual agreement or at the end of season. But the performances and stubbornness make me understand why many others want him gone and that goes back to the start of the season. Football is dreadful, continually playing the likes of Son and Perisic when they are poor and refusal to change things when it’s obvious games are going away from us means there has to be questions over him continuing.

Yeah I feel exactly the same about the playing style to be honest. I can live with not winning a trophy and maybe missing out on top 4, but I do miss actually enjoying watching us play.

Thats really the key to the disgruntlement. Our last three games have been against a weakened championship side, relegation battlers and probably the worst team still in the CL. We failed to score on all three occasions - and worse still, we didnt really even look likely to score. The Conte style of play is only suited to counter-attack and that is such a negative and boring game to watch. It simply isn't the Spurs way.

I want Conte out now and a manager that will bring back the feel good factor. To show how desperate I am , I would even give Poch a trial period until the end of the season to see if he can deliver. While I don't believe he is the answer going forward (never go back in my view) there are plenty of bright young zestful managers out there who could be given a chance.

I have had. Once the pain killers stopped making me a complete space cadet then I worked from hospital/home. If anything needed saying in person then people came to me.

So you'd send the team to Conte to get pep talks and train by his bed. Brilliant. I can see you have a clear grasp of this situation.

Nope, and don’t expect him to be sacked now. Will be mutual agreement or at the end of season. But the performances and stubbornness make me understand why many others want him gone and that goes back to the start of the season. Football is dreadful, continually playing the likes of Son and Perisic when they are poor and refusal to change things when it’s obvious games are going away from us means there has to be questions over him continuing.

Fact check. Conte took off Perisic and changed him. Would have played Danjuma at LWB myself instead of Royal (posted it at HT in the match thread). We are missing Sessengon, who would you have picked at LWB?

They don’t have the mentally weak players to deal with that he does.

I think it very likely that he’s actually holding things together somewhat and it could get worse if we change manager.
They weren't mentally weak last season?

So what's changed? Certainly not Contes tactics...teams have worked us out, and we have no alternative.

Thats really the key to the disgruntlement. Our last three games have been against a weakened championship side, relegation battlers and probably the worst team still in the CL. We failed to score on all three occasions - and worse still, we didnt really even look likely to score. The Conte style of play is only suited to counter-attack and that is such a negative and boring game to watch. It simply isn't the Spurs way.

I want Conte out now and a manager that will bring back the feel good factor. To show how desperate I am , I would even give Poch a trial period until the end of the season to see if he can deliver. While I don't believe he is the answer going forward (never go back in my view) there are plenty of bright young zestful managers out there who could be given a chance.
Just for the use of "disgruntlement" and "zestful", you win tonight's meat raffle.

If you have staff that are on massive wages who can easily take your place whilst taking your instructions remotely, then yes you deserve the sack if not performing.

If you had staff who could "easily take your place" we wouldn't have lost 3 games in a row, without scoring for 4.5hours of football. So I think you just blasted away your own point.

I just don't see any ounce of inspiration from him.

Chasing a game tonight and you would have thought we were defending a lead at times. If it's not within his rigid thinking it ain't happening.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but where is the risk and inspiration of a manager that could chuck on Porro to play RWF, bring Deki central and play a second half with three supporting Kane with two DMs who were already playing to give us more threat? Or bring on Richy to play up top with Kane earlier and maybe play direct and have Richy rough them up a little?

Totally uninspired by anything I've seen this season from him, from his lack of wanting to unleash new players and talent to freshen our look to his persistence with out of form favourites, it's been crap

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

If you had staff who could "easily take your place" we wouldn't have lost 3 games in a row, without scoring for 4.5hours of football. So I think you just blasted away your own point.
Seems he fitted into his place quite easily if you ask me.

Back