• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Just back , tell me this please .. one player who conte has improved since he’s been here ?

regression that’s all we have .. . Not the right man for us

Too rigid with poor players and no plan b .. let’s get on with it and get rid rather than death by 1000 cuts

In your previous post I replied to you said they weren’t trying….

Yeah, we know what their ability is, we’ve seen it before, performance variance is therefore related to effort until they are old enough for physical decline to be relevent.

Son isn’t anywhere near old enough for that to be an issue, and the mistakes Lloris is making are down to concentration, which is down to preparation, which is down to effort.

By trying, I mean putting in the right amount of effort to ensure an acceptable level of performance.

The bigger prob is we don't have anyone in front of them that protects the CBs and a keeper that is finished. Doesn't matter whether it's two or three CBs, the issues will still be there.
Disagree completely. If you have 3 CBs you’re already sacrificing the midfield. Wanting to play with a midfield player that protects the 3 CBs means that we’d likely be even more outnumbered in midfield and likely even less likely to be able to move the ball forward coherently.

Been poison in the dressing room since Poch was here, need to give a manager long enough to clean it out.

These performances are going to happen until we complete the purge, swapping managers every 18 months just delays the inevitable.

It's not a poison It's brick players - too many of them and now the good players we have left have started to get worse due to age

Just back , tell me this please .. one player who conte has improved since he’s been here ?

regression that’s all we have .. . Not the right man for us

Too rigid with poor players and no plan b .. let’s get on with it and get rid rather than death by 1000 cuts

And we move on to the next mug, who takes 18 months to find out how the club actually functions, and is then sacked for poor results.

And repeat.

Been poison in the dressing room since Poch was here, need to give a manager long enough to clean it out.

These performances are going to happen until we complete the purge, swapping managers every 18 months just delays the inevitable.
Huh? We've purged all but Lloris, Son, Dier and Kane. Kane is still our best player, Son was brilliant up and till this season. Lloris and Dier alone don't explain the current mess. it's a tired narrative about the players.
What we need to do is not go for managers that slavishly follow a system when we are unlikely to get the players that make that system work, or managers who are past their sell by date. We are only slightly better than the second season AVB team at the moment.

Disagree completely. If you have 3 CBs you’re already sacrificing the midfield. Wanting to play with a midfield player that protects the 3 CBs means that we’d likely be even more outnumbered in midfield and likely even less likely to be able to move the ball forward coherently.
No, the midfield two are supposed to protect the back and not allow runners from midfield into the box unmarked. It doesn't matter what the system the midfield has it's defensive responsibilities and isn't just about moving the ball forward.
The role of a midfielder changes based on whether we are in possession or out of possession.

It's not a poison It's brick players - too many of them and now the good players we have left have started to get worse due to age

If it was just ability the performances would be consistent, we have wild variance, and it’s high profile mistakes from more senior players that cost us in specific games.

It’s mental collapses.

I think Conte needs to go. I’m not gonna be yelling from the sidelines and printing Conte Out stickers but it’s clearly not working.

A few brief thoughts:

1) lack of improvement on players
2) inability to try new methods or players - the fact that in recent weeks Sarr (best player today) and Gil have performed better than others whilst effectively having little to no game time
3) consistently sounds like he’s doing us a favour being here
4) nearly all modern Pl managers have 3 in the middle. Was obvious we would lose today trying 2 in the middle against a midfield 3 of top of the league. He tries it, their second goal was because Odegaard had the entire pitch to roam forward to
5) overall state of recent weeks. We’ve gone behind in what 11 of last 12 games? The football isn’t great. The mood isn’t great. I get he’s meant to be a great manager but maybe he was 5 years ago (like Jose) but again some more modern managers have changed the game up. Saudi Sportswashing Machine do not have a better squad than us but play more on the front foot and look more unified. I think it’s time to move on and try and salvage something from this season

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It is obvious Conte will not commit to Spurs while the window is open, that is fine. Come Feb 1st he needs to make a decision to stay or we start looking for a replacement. After days like today I do not give a fuk about him being world class.

Back