• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I say it every week but if he'd just change formation for a while we'd look a lot better. The squad still needs work but we don't have the players for 3-4-3, he'd be better off adapting to a formation that suits what we have and then he can go back to it once we make the signings needed to make it work. I'm pretty confident that if we went to 4-3-3 (can mix up the 3's depending on opponent) we'd instantly look a lot better.

Can't just keep going with the same tactics every week, isn't that 11 in 12 games we've gone 2-0 down or something like that. Incredible really.

Also need to make some signings, new blood is badly needed.

Along the lines of….Not disappointed etc etc….Arsenal are a great team etc. Basically excusing himself of failure and giving the players a pass.

It’s a complete waste of time this process. We have a guy whose system relies on top class wing backs and we didn’t provide them. Therefore he’s in reputation management mode instead of trying to make things better.

*Apologies, that was in response to the 3 responses above.

Not going to pretend to know what Conte should be doing tactically to make us better. But in more general terms I think after watching what this side has served up during his time here, keep him until the end of the season and see what he does but I can’t see top 4 being achieved now. And for the first time, I must admit to not being bothered if we part ways in the summer…..

Not going to pretend to know what Conte should be doing tactically to make us better. But in more general terms I think after watching what this side has served up during his time here, keep him until the end of the season and see what he does but I can’t see top 4 being achieved now. And for the first time, I must admit to not being bothered if we part ways in the summer…..

I think the board may think this too, and thats why I dont really think we will push the boat out and bring any money signings in during this window. A couple of free transfers tops. Then if we amazingly turn it round and Conte wants to stay, he gets his players in Summer

Is there anyone else in PL who has “a system” and refuses to adapt that despite clear problems in said system? Going two in midfield was never gonna work today - didn’t take a football genius to know that

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Is there anyone else in PL who has “a system” and refuses to adapt that despite clear problems in said system? Going two in midfield was never gonna work today - didn’t take a football genius to know that

Every coach has a system
who does and doesn’t adapt is hard to tell
Klopp is trying to change now and it’s now working but I don’t think any are as stubborn as conte

Most managers have a system and stick to it at the start even through bad results. The thinking is usually that there will be short term pain but the players will get used to it and those that can't will be replaced.

What is the goals conceded data like for us?

Has to be the root of our problems. Letting too many goals in undermines any coach. The side are hamstrung by letting in the first goal. Must be 11 out of 12 games that we’ve let in the first goal now.

Conte tried to make us less defensive about 10 games ago - which was the correct decision. But while we’ve started to play some possession football (a good start) we let in far too many goals to be able to progress.

The back 5 and Keeper can all be improved on. With a couple of additions you’d hope we’d galvanise and Romero, Lloris and others can be decent players in the right mix. But to my mind, everyone of our back 6 can be upgraded.

Why wait till the summer? What, all season, has given you any glimmer of hope that things aren't just going to keep on this slide we've been on all year? Definition is insanity is...

What is the goals conceded data like for us?

Has to be the root of our problems. Letting too many goals in undermines any coach. The side are hamstrung by letting in the first goal. Must be 11 out of 12 games that we’ve let in the first goal now.

Conte tried to make us less defensive about 10 games ago - which was the correct decision. But while we’ve started to play some possession football (a good start) we let in far too many goals to be able to progress.

The back 5 and Keeper can all be improved on. With a couple of additions you’d hope we’d galvanise and Romero, Lloris and others can be decent players in the right mix. But to my mind, everyone of our back 6 can be upgraded.

It's not just the players though. In Conte's system, if you don't have WB's that are basically wingers and occasionally forwards, then you don't pin the opposition back, so they get free reign to attack a back three from out wide and against a static CM.
For this system to work you MUST have top top top level WB's and a DM that can sweep.

We will not have those any time soon, because they won't join us. Only a few clubs in the world can attract and afford those kind of players. And there aren't too many top top WB's around these days.

Time to move on from Conte.

Most managers have a system and stick to it at the start even through bad results. The thinking is usually that there will be short term pain but the players will get used to it and those that can't will be replaced.
What if the system has just been found out and the manager become a relic?

When I and others on here can see that you are spot on. The Arse midfield 4 are good PL proven playas up against a kid making his full debut and PEH.

I was thinking the same just now. Is Conte the new Mou - a manager past his sell by date? The only thing we don't know is whether, with the right personnel, this rigid, dogmatic system could thrive. And I would be shocked if Levy opens the bank this January. And the fact that Conte poses as if he's doing us all a favour by being here won't aid that process.

Every system has it's flaws. I know you have this obsession that possession football is the only way to play, but it's not. I'd rather watch peak Barcelona than any team and City would be the team I'd prefer watching as a neutral, but that doesn't mean it's the only system that can be effective.

It's not just the players though. In Conte's system, if you don't have WB's that are basically wingers and occasionally forwards, then you don't pin the opposition back, so they get free reign to attack a back three from out wide and against a static CM.
For this system to work you MUST have top top top level WB's and a DM that can sweep.

We will not have those any time soon, because they won't join us. Only a few clubs in the world can attract and afford those kind of players. And there aren't too many top top WB's around these days.

Time to move on from Conte.

I think there are players out there. Sarr at Watford for example. A decent winger who could play the part. Doherty isn’t terrible either.

I actually hope we stick with the same back 5. It is the best selection. I’d add in a commanding CB if we can find one. It could give everyone confidence. Physically its not the biggest back line. Adding one CB of real quality would help imo.

Every system has it's flaws. I know you have this obsession that possession football is the only way to play, but it's not. I'd rather watch peak Barcelona than any team and City would be the team I'd prefer watching as a neutral, but that doesn't mean it's the only system that can be effective.
Its psychological. Being proactive, not reactive. A contender, not an underdog. Behave like a winner and the wins will come.

Snatch and grab can work short term but ultimately Wimbledons and Stokes end up back in lower league

Its psychological. Being proactive, not reactive. A contender, not an underdog. Behave like a winner and the wins will come.

Snatch and grab can work short term but ultimately Wimbledons and Stokes end up back in lower league
Bollox it's anything to do with being a contender not an underdog etc. Were Chelsea an underdog under Conte? Were Juve an underdog under Conte?
Different systems win titles all the time.

And you are really comparing Conte's football to Wimbeldon and Stoke? If you are then we'll leave it at that...

Back