• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

We were nowhere near that but if so, why were we not 2 inches better?

The best teams in the world will sometimes dominate and win 1-0, or even lose. (Barca and Atletico vs Alaves this season)

Just because we weren't as clinical as we would like it doesn't mean sweeping conclusions need to be drawn. We played them off the park. We are 3rd. The biggest concerns are the injuries but our performances are clearly moving in the right direction.

You sound like a Chelsea fan. This shots to goals ratio has been tinkle poor for years. It needs to change. Harry needs a break.

Although he was OK I'm not sure what Sissoko brings for #30 million... looks better than Pogba, mind.

No side can play flat out all season, I would rather that we peaked when it mattered.

The shots to goal ratio is because we are good enough that many sides play for the draw against us but our budget means that we have to develop the players who can break down a stubborn defence, rather than buy them.

Judging Sissoko on his first start. Good work.

Despite all the attempts, I wasnt overly impressed by us again today. The fact we are 3rd is probably because we have had the fortune to play 2 of the worst teams in the league in the past 8 days.

If Dembele is out for a while then that is a big loss. Kane too, although he looks spent he still seems to get in the right places at times.

Janssen badly needs to get that first goal v Gillingham to kickstart him. Definitely looks like it is starting to play on his mind now, should have passed today not taken the shot, too eager to break his duck

Son always a threat today, although his corners were poor 2nd half

Sitting in 3rd and unbeaten is a decent start. Another decent chance next week to keep it going before the big test at home to City
Jansen should just concentrate on showing he is good player, make good decisions rather than focus on scoring. Team comes first, then confidence will rise and the goals will come.

We just need to score a few to get everyone up.
I would like a dribbler who is direct and drives into the box. GKN fit will help.

We were nowhere near that but if so, why were we not 2 inches better?
Yes! Playing 3 games in 7 days, on Dier today out of pos. Wy not Wimmer? Sunderland is brick, so wy not Jenssen, Tripper? (Walker holding his hamstring) ???

Probably because they were all due to have the week of this week, i am sure with the 3 changes that were made Poch thought that was enough, and with his record i for one will not sit here bitching about him

No side can play flat out all season, I would rather that we peaked when it mattered.

The shots to goal ratio is because we are good enough that many sides play for the draw against us but our budget means that we have to develop the players who can break down a stubborn defence, rather than buy them.

Judging Sissoko on his first start. Good work.

Not judging him as such, i just can't really tell him apart from Wanyama. Reminded me of Jenas but a bit stronger. Broke stuff up well and ran with it well but aside from that i can't see what he gives the team. It appears this type of player is everywhere in modern football; jack of all trades and a master of none.

I thought we put in a decent performance. The problem was that we didn't put our chances away, because we certainly created enough. If we had scored one in the first half, I think it would have been very comfortable. We do need to be more clinical though. It is a recurring problem.

I am not sure Sissoko is of much use in this kind of game. He's not very creative on the ball, and hasn't shown in the past that he is likely to pop up with many goals either. He's better suited to games where we will get the chance to catch teams on the break.

Not judging him as such, i just can't really tell him apart from Wanyama. Reminded me of Jenas but a bit stronger. Broke stuff up well and ran with it well but aside from that i can't see what he gives the team. It appears this type of player is everywhere in modern football; jack of all trades and a master of none.

I would've thought them playing different positions might've helped with that

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino tells BBC Sport:

"Mousa Dembele and Eric Dier are not a big issue - just cramps. Harry Kane twisted his ankle and now we need to know about the injury. We need to wait until tomorrow.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino tells BBC Sport:

"Mousa Dembele and Eric Dier are not a big issue - just cramps. Harry Kane twisted his ankle and now we need to know about the injury. We need to wait until tomorrow.

sounds better than they looked, fingers crossed

Spurs silence criticism of their lack of consistency of performance over 90 minutes by being desperately flat in both halves. Dier looked to have tweaked a groin or something, so what, 3-4 weeks out? Kane's ankle looked quite bad; he had to be stretchered off, I'd imagine he'll be twice that. Should be enough rest for anyone.

Edit: Good news from MP on Dier.

I think one had orange boots

Why don't we have any real confidence ?????????????????????????
Its becausen were brick innit.
what i said in the Sissiko thread!

You have Ali, Erikson, Kane,can't score a goal between em!
Oh, they need a rest...What! they earn more money in a week that I have earned all my life and I am now retired. What a complete joke they have been.
All that brick last season about having us turned a corner.
Oh yes, were the happiest fans in the League are we? after Transfer Window signings that we all know will bottle it again last like last Season.
Not blaming Danny Levy but something needs to change at this club!
because we are just nothing more than losers....

So this game was so sexy again..
there confidence is zilt and they are bottlers........................

from ..fed up with waiting to turn the corner ......WE ARE TOTTENHAM.
The beetle is still at the bottom of the sea since 1961........................

brick brick brick

Back