• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another Tottenham vs Sunderland OMT like.

Well you would like to think that law of averages says we will. But as said previous, it doesnt always happen like that. There have been games at the Lane in recent seasons where we have battered teams like this and conceded in the final 10
Early doors I started to get that feeling. The fact we go 3rd with a win makes me think we are in for one of those days sadly
I feel this is a new Spurs, much thanks to Poch, much better at grinding down teams and not f**k up in the last 15 mins :) At least I hope so.

Really bizarre all the injuries we got in this game...I mean last year we barely got any muscle injuries. Kane looks like he will be out for a while. This will give Janssen the chance to get into form although it's then going to take time for Kane to come back..just as he was getting there.

We should go on a bit of a run now though. We started well, players are settled and getting to peak fitness.

I feel this is a new Spurs, much thanks to Poch, much better at grinding down teams and not f**k up in the last 15 mins :) At least I hope so.

You think? I thought Alli got real sloppy in the last couple of minutes gave the ball way and just stood there and Sunderland had a good break. I thought we looked real nervy in those last minutes. Davies doesn't fill me with great confidence either.

In the context of our season that was quite simply a shambolic performance in the final 3rd. This needed to be a statement of intent in front of goal. The lack of movement and awareness of space shocks me sometimes. Yes we controlled the game but with 30 odd attempts and to only score one, it was not good enough. Not converting chances will be our downfall this season. Its all well and good saying we won etc but we were only one bit of magic or one slip away from drawing that game.

In the context of our season that was quite simply a shambolic performance in the final 3rd. This needed to be a statement of intent in front of goal. The lack of movement and awareness of space shocks me sometimes. Yes we controlled the game but with 30 odd attempts and to only score one, it was not good enough. Not converting chances will be our downfall this season. Its all well and good saying we won etc but we were only one bit of magic or one slip away from drawing that game.

and we were only 2 inches away from wining it 5 nill.

Despite all the attempts, I wasnt overly impressed by us again today. The fact we are 3rd is probably because we have had the fortune to play 2 of the worst teams in the league in the past 8 days.

If Dembele is out for a while then that is a big loss. Kane too, although he looks spent he still seems to get in the right places at times.

Janssen badly needs to get that first goal v Gillingham to kickstart him. Definitely looks like it is starting to play on his mind now, should have passed today not taken the shot, too eager to break his duck

Son always a threat today, although his corners were poor 2nd half

Sitting in 3rd and unbeaten is a decent start. Another decent chance next week to keep it going before the big test at home to City

If we are still wasting chances in a couple of months, I will be worried but the season is still young and I am happy to just pick up the points at the moment.

Thought we looked more like the Spurs of last season.
Son was great going forward, but not so good in defence.
Still getting used to each in some positions, Walker and sissoko had a few mix ups on the break. Walker was brilliant though.

If we are still wasting chances in a couple of months, I will be worried but the season is still young and I am happy to just pick up the points at the moment.

You sound like a Chelsea fan. This shots to goals ratio has been tinkle poor for years. It needs to change. Harry needs a break.

Although he was OK I'm not sure what Sissoko brings for #30 million... looks better than Pogba, mind.

You think? I thought Alli got real sloppy in the last couple of minutes gave the ball way and just stood there and Sunderland had a good break. I thought we looked real nervy in those last minutes. Davies doesn't fill me with great confidence either.
Yeah I got scared as well when ali dropped the ball, but I think much of the nervy minutes was because of the injuries that Sunderland could push for a couple of minutes, the last 6-7 minutes we took control again.

Back