• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

I know in this latest case the guy supposedly had a semi automatic with some gizmo attached to make it shoot faster, but handguns are the real problem. Something like 97% of shootings accidental or intentional are from handguns. Ban the handguns and let them keep the rifles. Stop selling handgun bullets and anyone seen to be carrying a handgun gets arrested or shot.It might take a few years to get them all but you have to start somewhere.
I'm sure there are some holes in this plan but I'm an ideas man mostly.

Edit: Maybe a law on how many guns a single person can own is also a good idea. 2 max seems fair. A rifle and shotgun (good spread on a shotgun.....for zombies).
You need an axe taped to the shotgun for melee too.

America has just become a satire the past few years.

It was always going to happen, a young country that papered over its cracks by manipulating and taking advantage of others (either by attacking them or reaping the benefits of wars).
It's gone on too long now for any sympathy - let it burn.

This is spot on, the sad thing is that America is such a great place to live and visit. I played there for a few years and made some very good friends which i still keep in touch with. As for getting rid of guns it will NEVER happen, i was at a party a few weeks after moving there and said could i buy a gun if i wanted one ( seeing as i was not a born American) they said legally i would have a problem but not to worry as they are LOTS of places i could get one.

They were spot on and was able to get one a few days later.

This is spot on, the sad thing is that America is such a great place to live and visit. I played there for a few years and made some very good friends which i still keep in touch with. As for getting rid of guns it will NEVER happen, i was at a party a few weeks after moving there and said could i buy a gun if i wanted one ( seeing as i was not a born American) they said legally i would have a problem but not to worry as they are LOTS of places i could get one.

Why did you feel the need to buy one?

Interesting, as a permanent resident you couldn't get one? This was in the late 70s right? You can definitely get one now as a permanent resident (it would be unconstitutional after all!) in the tougher states.

The only way to make a difference would be to only sell smaller magazines, reducing the impact and allowing a greater window for the mysterious "good guy with a gun" to "take down the shooter man"

Even then it would take a long time to have impact as people will have stock piles.

What will be interesting is what Trump actually does.

Why did you feel the need to buy one?

I had young kids then and at the time i was living at the beach, there was a lot of break ins and i have always had the notion that if anyone wanted to break into my house they would be lucky to get out again and deserve whatever they got. In England a baseball bat was behind the door and one by the bed.

Interesting, as a permanent resident you couldn't get one? This was in the late 70s right? You can definitely get one now as a permanent resident (it would be unconstitutional after all!) in the tougher states.

Yep late 70's early 80"s, at the time i was only on a temporary visa and just asked the question. Before i knew it i had several offers and bought one. It was a crazy place and during my time there Lennon was killed, it bought the "away with guns" lobby out and there was one small town ( forget where it was, somewhere in the south) passed a by law that no one was allowed to carry guns in the town limits. The next day in the next town to it they interviewed the sheriff ( he wore all the gear, stetson, bootlace tie, tied down holster) and said that if the residents of the next town wanted rid of their guns he would have them and find a person in his town to give them too, and then passed a by law saying every residents of HIS town HAD to carry a gun..

Last edited:
I know in this latest case the guy supposedly had a semi automatic with some gizmo attached to make it shoot faster, but handguns are the real problem. Something like 97% of shootings accidental or intentional are from handguns. Ban the handguns and let them keep the rifles. Stop selling handgun bullets and anyone seen to be carrying a handgun gets arrested or shot.It might take a few years to get them all but you have to start somewhere.
I'm sure there are some holes in this plan but I'm an ideas man mostly.

Edit: Maybe a law on how many guns a single person can own is also a good idea. 2 max seems fair. A rifle and shotgun (good spread on a shotgun.....for zombies).
But nobody needs an assault rifle or any automatic weapon.

Chris Rock on bullet control

This thread really shows me how little the bulk of the people posting in it know about America. Our constitution and our national psyche. I moved to the US 14 years ago and am now an American citizen and a gun owner.

I also have a concealed carry permit. I always carry, and have a shotgun in the house just in case we get any unwanted visitors( and yes,I would have absolutely no compunction in shooting someone should G-d forbid, my family be attacked) For what its worth I am in favour of banning automatic and semi automatic guns of any type, and this surely has to happen but it is going to be very very difficult. Nobody needs an Uzi or an M16. Handguns, Shotguns and hunting rifles I am fine with

My wife also carries and both my kids have been taught to handle and shoot handguns. It's just part of life here. The feeling of helplessness I had in the UK after Tony Martin was jailed for protecting his property was a small factor in my deciding to emigrate. Under Florida law I am authorised to shoot an intruder in my home. I must stress that I don't particularly like any of this but it is what it is and I feel safer at night armed. Questions welcome.

This thread really shows me how little the bulk of the people posting in it know about America. Our constitution and our national psyche. I moved to the US 14 years ago and am now an American citizen and a gun owner.

I also have a concealed carry permit. I always carry, and have a shotgun in the house just in case we get any unwanted visitors( and yes,I would have absolutely no compunction in shooting someone should G-d forbid, my family be attacked) For what its worth I am in favour of banning automatic and semi automatic guns of any type, and this surely has to happen but it is going to be very very difficult. Nobody needs an Uzi or an M16. Handguns, Shotguns and hunting rifles I am fine with

My wife also carries and both my kids have been taught to handle and shoot handguns. It's just part of life here. The feeling of helplessness I had in the UK after Tony Martin was jailed for protecting his property was a small factor in my deciding to emigrate. Under Florida law I am authorised to shoot an intruder in my home. I must stress that I don't particularly like any of this but it is what it is and I feel safer at night armed. Questions welcome.
After reading that I agree with you. I have no understanding of the American national psyche.

That all sounds pretty fudged up to me.

Nobody needs a handgun either.

Back to the Mandalay shooting, reports of a shooter from a lower floor started appearing, and several videos show what looks like gunfire from a window in a completely different location from that 32nd floor location. Add to that, several videos which showed the building during the shooting, are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

While the videos where still available, I studied them intensively to try to spot muzzle flame in the spot where the broken windows are, but didn't spot anything there. However, there were flashes coming from another part of the building on one of the lower floors. Is the government not telling everything, or/and is this just going to be another conspiracy theory?

I don't really know what to think.

Back