• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

How did gun ownership in Australia compare as this is the example that is mainly used when talking about banning them?
I don't know - the studies they were talking about were to do with how tightening the laws in one state created an imbalance between that and the next.

As with many laws, the effect was not the desired one.

But you'll be bringing a gun to a gunfight, and you end up dead because you aren't fudging insane and ready to shoot a person just because they want your TV.

I'd waste my money on stun grenades instead, how's that for a scenario? Stun the perp, kick his ass and hand him over to the cops all tight up on the back of yer pickup truck.
Do I get to lend him to Chich for a couple of hours first?

I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting someone who'd broken into my house. Easy to say when I'm that far removed from the situation though. I guess the closest comparison I can get to is that when a pigeon got into our house and I was convinced it was a burglar. Of all the items I could pick up en route to finding out what the noise was, I ended up with a claw hammer. There was no intent to do anything but protect my wife, but I'd subconsciously chosen an item that isn't likely to leave much for the paramedics afterwards.

Last edited:
I don't know - the studies they were talking about were to do with how tightening the laws in one state created an imbalance between that and the next.

As with many laws, the effect was not the desired one.
if you have a blanket ban then that will not be an issue, even if you start with weapon type and ammo.

Will never happen though, give it a week and it will be forgotten.

I don't think I'd have any trouble shooting someone who'd broken into my house. Easy to say when I'm that far removed from the situation though. I guess the closest comparison I can get to is that when a pigeon got into our house and I was convinced it was a burglar. Of all the items I could pick up en route to finding out what the noise was, I ended up with a claw hammer. There was no intent to do anything but protect my wife, but I'd subconsciously chosen an item that isn't likely to leave much for the paramedics afterwards.
Got to ask it.... Why did you have a claw hammer in the bedroom?

But perhaps a brickload for the psychologists to screw your head back on straight ;)

if you have a blanket ban then that will not be an issue, even if you start with weapon type and ammo.

I think that was the precise example. A state banned automatic weapons and the criminal ownership of automatic weapons increased overnight. Many of the guns that were owned weren't registered and so weren't disposed of properly (often sold on the black market), many who wanted to keep them reported them lost/stolen, etc.

The dingdonghead NRA position of "If you ban guns, only the criminals will have guns" actually rang true in the cases they looked at. The difference in Australia, I believe, was that there was a very strong public desire to be rid of guns - that is unlikely to happen in the US for some time.

Would they clean the carpets too?

No, that would be the Sunshine Carpet Cleaners. They wipe both brains and floors

Sunshine_Carpet_Cleaners.jpg

Last edited:
Further proof (if it is needed) that the politicians don't actually believe the pro NRA flimflam that they spout:

Just before one GOP politician asks, "this mic isn't on?" another Iowa politician is heard referring to a bill as the, "give a handgun to a schizophrenic bill."

Further proof (if it is needed) that the politicians don't actually believe the pro NRA flimflam that they spout:

Just before one GOP politician asks, "this mic isn't on?" another Iowa politician is heard referring to a bill as the, "give a handgun to a schizophrenic bill."
Nobody sharp enough to build up a career in politics could possibly believe all that crap.

But they have an electorate that feels very strongly on the matter - they can't win either way.

I think the most depressing/alarming thing about the whole situation isn't the (less than zero) likelihood of achieving a blanket ban, it's the miniscule likelihood of achieving even the very slightest of steps in that direction.

I think the most depressing/alarming thing about the whole situation isn't the (less than zero) likelihood of achieving a blanket ban, it's the miniscule likelihood of achieving even the very slightest of steps in that direction.

Agreed. Nothing will change now, or after the next one, or the one after that....

NRA rep on the radio this morning was of the view that if you ban guns, then why not ban 'automobiles' (so you don't get drunk drivers killing people) or why not ban bolt-cutters (so you don't get terrorists using them to hijack planes...).
That's the level of argument/logic - yet the laws are untouchable.

I know in this latest case the guy supposedly had a semi automatic with some gizmo attached to make it shoot faster, but handguns are the real problem. Something like 97% of shootings accidental or intentional are from handguns. Ban the handguns and let them keep the rifles. Stop selling handgun bullets and anyone seen to be carrying a handgun gets arrested or shot.It might take a few years to get them all but you have to start somewhere.
I'm sure there are some holes in this plan but I'm an ideas man mostly.

Edit: Maybe a law on how many guns a single person can own is also a good idea. 2 max seems fair. A rifle and shotgun (good spread on a shotgun.....for zombies).

Last edited:
NRA rep on the radio this morning was of the view that if you ban guns, then why not ban 'automobiles' (so you don't get drunk drivers killing people) or why not ban bolt-cutters (so you don't get terrorists using them to hijack planes...).
That's the level of argument/logic - yet the laws are untouchable.

To drive a car you need a licence and preferably insurance. To get a licence you need to take a course and pass tests. They could start with a gun owner's licence. There are also some regulations on what cars you're allowed to drive on public roads.

Steinem says it's not her quote, but that she very much approves of it:

22140807_1369548369824452_6941415977746416607_n.jpg

I guess freedom means having the opportunity to shoot people, but not health care to deal with the injuries.

Back