• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ange’s system / formation

And he doesn’t have them currently
But what do you change?
I’d love to see a youth player step up for a chance but that’s never happening

Don't reward the inconsistent players, Bissouma seems to start at the moment when he's been shocking for a while now. Could rotate there with PEH or Bentacur to mix it up. I'd bring Sarr back in to start, he offers some box to box running at least. Not much we can do about a striker - Veliz is still injured I think.

Would going for Solanke in Jan been a wise move? He keeps scoring for Bournemouth and has all the attributes to be a top CF in our system

Would going for Solanke in Jan been a wise move? He keeps scoring for Bournemouth and has all the attributes to be a top CF in our system

Interesting call
We we’re linked with him

We’re heavily linked with the Mexican from feyenoord who scores plenty

A high-scorer from the Dutch league?

Hmmm…something is preventing me from getting too excited. :)
I’ve got no idea but him TBH
He does score but how would that convert here
He isn’t a big guy either
I’d like Gyokeres the Swedish striker
Quick, physical and knows how how to score

Bro what you need to understand is no matter what, no matter where we finish in the table many Spurs fans think we are the best no matter the results. So with the early season renaissance many didn't see that as the start of something new and place to build from but instead a return to where "we are supposed to be." So now that form has gone and the system has issues there is a disconnect because for them it was supposed to work because it seemed to earlier in the season.

Remember many thought this same team could and would win the league this very season. Losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and especially on the manner of today is inexcusable and not understandable if you already think we are by far the 4th best team in the country at least.

You can evaluate off the table or you can evaluate off what you see on the pitch...

Table wise we're perfectly fine, on the pitch - not so much

My main concern about the system is that when we are obviously under pressure and getting pulled apart we can't change the style for 5-10 mins in order to control the game. Once we have some control and the opposition have been quietened then return to our more normal style.

You can evaluate off the table or you can evaluate off what you see on the pitch...

Table wise we're perfectly fine, on the pitch - not so much
I agree but even at the point of the first 10 games in we weren't as good or as complete as many thought. 4th would still be an over achievement for this season. For me the drop off in results hasn't really surprised me because I never thought the results were sustainable in the first place but again I still think it's been a very good start to the project 4th or 5th.

I agree but even at the point of the first 10 games in we weren't as good or as complete as many thought. 4th would still be an over achievement for this season. For me the drop off in results hasn't really surprised me because I never thought the results were sustainable in the first place but again I still think it's been a very good start to the project 4th or 5th.
It would be brilliant to go from where we ended up last season and the mess around the club

Here's Ben Davies talking about how Poch didn't change based on opposition, and barely gave any time to preparing for the opposition (around 18:10)

My feeling is that it's only become a big deal because Ange has made so much of it publicly.

Here's Ben Davies talking about how Poch didn't change based on opposition, and barely gave any time to preparing for the opposition (around 18:10)

My feeling is that it's only become a big deal because Ange has made so much of it publicly.
He didn't change from game to game based on the opposition but it did evolve over time and this is what Ange needs to do as well.

Back