• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

A lot of ex Spurs players have very good careers in the EPL. Routledge is a good example. I sincerely hope that Rose and Townsend can come back and star for us but I doubt it.

I have high hopes for Townsend. As for Rose well I hear he is Sunderland's player of the season - he has received a lot of praise from another of pundits, I think he we would do well to give him a chance to battle for the left back position

I have high hopes for Townsend. As for Rose well I hear he is Sunderland's player of the season - he has received a lot of praise from another of pundits, I think he we would do well to give him a chance to battle for the left back position

I've seen some of Rose this season. He's eager and he actually tries to do things like tackle and get forward to cross so Sunderland fans are mesmerized, but I have issues with his positional sense and passing ability (Sunderland are afforded more space so Rose's mistakes aren't punished as much). Positioning can be improved with time; passing, not so much. Especially with Walker on the other side, I think we need a more cultured, technical LB who is comfortable on the ball or we'll be struggling to retain it.

I have the same issues with Townsend, though he has a good shot on him and could probably be converted into a Walcott-like wing forward. As long as we can get in some tikitaka/playmaking types I think Townsend will be good cover for a 4-3-3. He really has a great attitude; I remember he was the only one who really stood out for us in that FA Youth Cup loss against them because he was so brave.

Townsend, whilst the on-loan youngster has also successfully dribbled past an opponent more times this year (48) than any other player in the whole league.

Not only is his tally at least 10 more than anyone else has managed - ahead of Adel Taarabt on 38 - it is yet more impressive that Townsend has done so in only 11 appearances, while every other player that has completed 30 or more successful dribbles has done so in at least 14 games.

wow

Luis Suarez has unsuccessfully attempted to dribble past an opponent more times than anyone else: 160

Luis Suarez has unsuccessfully attempted to dribble past an opponent more times than anyone else: 160

Actually that is a good point. Has Townsend seriously dribbled past more players than Suarez over the entire season?

I can't honestly believe he has, makes me doubt indian's previous stat.

[video=youtube;UL9a6w3MDuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UL9a6w3MDuY[/video]

younger townsend but more unrestrained showing use of both feet dribbling and shooting.

Actually that is a good point. Has Townsend seriously dribbled past more players than Suarez over the entire season?

I can't honestly believe he has, makes me doubt indian's previous stat.

I think it stems from a poorly formulated sentence combined with at least one flat out error from the article journalist.

He claims to have taken all stats from whoscored.com. They have Townsend down for 4.4 successful dribbles per game for QPR and 48 dribbles in total. They have Suarez down as the player with the highest amount of dribbles per game in the league with 2.9 - 95 in total. A list Townsend doesn't feature on because he doesn't have enough games this season. There are well over 10 players at least with more successful dribbles than Townsend this season according to those stats.

They have Taraabt registered with 2.7 dpg and a total of 83 - not 38 as claimed in the article.

To me it seems most likely that the article writer (now skipping the journalist title) meant that Townsend had the most dribbles of the players at QPR, although that's also a mistake as Taraabt had 83, not 38 dribbles in total. It makes sense with the comparison of players over 30 dribbles in total as that's probably a reference to Diakite who has 32 in 14 total appearances. To claim that Townsend with 48 has the most successful dribbles in the league based on whoscored stats would be an even bigger, and even less understandable, error.

Thus I have also reminded myself why I don't read teamtalk.com

Not taking anything away from Townsend's impressive performances though.

Whenever i think of Townsend for Spurs and goals he has scored, I always instantly think of right foot. That debut goal against Charlton and the one against Shamrock too..

this one:

[video=youtube;gQ0U8W6U8E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ0U8W6U8E0[/video]

I think it stems from a poorly formulated sentence combined with at least one flat out error from the article journalist.

He claims to have taken all stats from whoscored.com. They have Townsend down for 4.4 successful dribbles per game for QPR and 48 dribbles in total. They have Suarez down as the player with the highest amount of dribbles per game in the league with 2.9 - 95 in total. A list Townsend doesn't feature on because he doesn't have enough games this season. There are well over 10 players at least with more successful dribbles than Townsend this season according to those stats.

They have Taraabt registered with 2.7 dpg and a total of 83 - not 38 as claimed in the article.

To me it seems most likely that the article writer (now skipping the journalist title) meant that Townsend had the most dribbles of the players at QPR, although that's also a mistake as Taraabt had 83, not 38 dribbles in total. It makes sense with the comparison of players over 30 dribbles in total as that's probably a reference to Diakite who has 32 in 14 total appearances. To claim that Townsend with 48 has the most successful dribbles in the league based on whoscored stats would be an even bigger, and even less understandable, error.

Thus I have also reminded myself why I don't read teamtalk.com

Not taking anything away from Townsend's impressive performances though.

The stats are only taken from 2013, and not the entire season. Thats how I read it anyway.

The articles focusing on Townsend using Whoscored stats all have a paragraph on his pass success percentage.
With a 78.6% pass success rate at QPR, there is work to be done in that regard. It is only natural though, that a young player wanting to catch the eye of potential suitors as well as his parent club, may look for the killer pass a little too early and a little too often. With time and experience, he will learn to keep a cool head in such situations.

He has completed 19/19 passes for us in the PL this season and completed 20/22 in the Europa League for us this season.

Statistics are like bikinis (tantalising what they reveal, crucial what's hidden)

If he's playing from left back, it's going to be easier dribbling past a forward who's just shielding a pass, than say Suarez who's trying to eat the last man - seewhatididthere

Back