• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Statistics are like bikinis (tantalising what they reveal, crucial what's hidden)

If he's playing from left back, it's going to be easier dribbling past a forward who's just shielding a pass, than say Suarez who's trying to eat the last man - seewhatididthere

Excellent point. Parker gets high percentage passes but key passes go wrong. QPR fans voted him player of season?

He has excited me a few times when I have seen him play but he disappoints me a few times, too. Fingers crossed.

Statistics are like bikinis (tantalising what they reveal, crucial what's hidden)

If he's playing from left back, it's going to be easier dribbling past a forward who's just shielding a pass, than say Suarez who's trying to eat the last man - seewhatididthere

:ross:

Townsend withdraws from Euros

Nathan Redmond replaces Tottenham Hotspur winger in squad for Israel

Andros Townsend has withdrawn from the England Under-21 squad and will be replaced by Birmingham City’s Nathan Redmond.

Townsend has withdrawn himself from the squad after The FA announced charges against him in relation to alleged betting offences. Click here to read the statement.

Townsend will receive the full support of The FA and Tottenham Hotspur FC in seeking rehabilitation whilst responding to the allegations.

Meanwhile, Southampton left-back Luke Shaw has also withdrawn from the Under-21 squad through injury.

The previously uncapped Shaw has been replaced by Liverpool full-back Jack Robinson.

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/News/2013/andros-townsend-withdraws-euros

Wonders whether its connected to the FA Cup game, QPR played MK Dons at Loftus Road where they drifted alarmingly on the morning of the game.. 4/6 out to 6-4 .. Allegedly of course. Saying that Townsend hadn't joined QPR yet. So it cannot be that.

He has clearly put bet's on that he shouldn't have done, but no doubt this will now be turned into a match fixing scandal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/andros-townsend-charged-fa-betting

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Andros Townsend has withdrawn from the England Under-21 squad for this summer's European Championship after being charged with breaching betting regulations by the Football Association.

The charges against Townsend, who was on loan at Queens Park Rangers during last season, are not believed to relate to match fixing but involve breaking the FA's rules on betting on competitions in which a player is involved.

"The Tottenham Hotspur player has been charged with breaches of Rule E8 (b) in relation to a number of betting offences. The player has until 3 June to respond to the charges," the FA said.

A separate statement from the FA said: "Townsend will receive the full support of the FA and Tottenham Hotspur FC in seeking rehabilitation whilst responding to the allegations."

The 21-year-old winger will be replaced in the England Under-21 squad by Birmingham's Nathan Redmond.

Townsend has until June 3 to respond to the charges​

So he bet on another non QPR league game.
Nothing really wrong with that in most people's eyes, its just he signed up to an FA code that he wouldn't.

Glad he gets the summer off and doesn't have to spend time with the England u21 dinosaur school of coaching.

Bit silly that he can't bet, but I suppose they would want to prevent match fixing.

I have no doubt if this was in Italy he'd probably get a few months banning for the sake of it.

Is it true he said he was going to have a bet that a london team would win the championship play off? if that is what he was banned for it is beyond pathetic, if something else i would understand.

I think I read the rule that a professional player cannot bet on a competition they're involved in I.e. if a dagenham and redbridge competed in they fa cup they couldn't in theory have bet on the final... Will try and find the piece I read. Crap rule, but it is extremely clear - if you're a professional footballer, bet on the horses or rugby or golf or whatever else...

I think I read the rule that a professional player cannot bet on a competition they're involved in I.e. if a dagenham and redbridge competed in they fa cup they couldn't in theory have bet on the final... Will try and find the piece I read. Crap rule, but it is extremely clear - if you're a professional footballer, bet on the horses or rugby or golf or whatever else...

Yes, that IS the rule. When I worked at Spurs (non-playing staff role) even I couldn't bet on an FA Cup game. Even if it was Round 1.

maybe he's just got a gambling habit that's like costing him quite a lot and causing him to get carried away
don't think someone his age playing promising football would be thinking about throwing his career away through match fixing.

Shame that he wont play in the Euros this summer as it would have helped his development. However if the extra month off means that he clears whatever issues he has and is flying for next season, then that's fine

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Andros Townsend is banned from all football activity for a month for a breach of the FA betting rules.

Townsend, 21, who had voluntarily withdrew from the England Under-21 squad before the Under-21 Championship in Israel, is also fined £18,000.

£18K is no big loss to him, he backed himself getting a one month ban at 5/1

Back