• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Difference is Townsend prefers playing on the right and is predominantly right footed. I agree it's an option we have to use which is great and he has definitely improved with his right foot, something I'd hoped would happen.

Isn't Townsend left footed?

Has Townsend said somewhere that he prefers playing on the right? He's played on both sides for QPR this season and featured on the left for us in the past I believe. He even played as a left back in one of the EL games last season.

He's much better than both Bale and Lennon on his weaker foot though and that's clearly an advantage when playing as an inverted winger or whatever people want to call it.

Difference is Townsend prefers playing on the right and is predominantly right footed. I agree it's an option we have to use which is great and he has definitely improved with his right foot, something I'd hoped would happen.

I thought Townsend was predominantly Left footed, with a decent right foot.

I could be wrong there. I'll have to keep an eye open next time i watch him.

I'm glad your not running the team to be honest. Our best player out of position isn't what I'd want to see.

Lets leave it as I said above - its an option we can use if needed.

I'm glad I'm not running the team too. I prefer us having a professional and experienced football manager in charge of the team...

I'm glad I'm not running the team too. I prefer us having a professional and experienced football manager in charge of the team...

Me too wasn't a dig just saying like :)

Maybe I'm wrong in assuming Townsend is right footed he just always looks to shift the ball to his right and looks more comfortable with his right foot to me?

[video=youtube;ZTaLTgbZ9jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTaLTgbZ9jc[/video]

Just one goal of his, but looks like he chests it and has the option of either foot and goes with his left.

Though one clip isn't decisive either way. Also not the best youtube clip..

8563579743_93804eaa65_o.gif

Goal against Villa also Left footed.

Last edited:
So the majority were right!

Perhaps it was because we had Bale on the left that we didn't want a potential diamond to rot on the bench?

Reckon he will be a perma fixture int he first team next season.

I have always thought that a rather lame argument. did we really expect Bale to play every single minute of every single match? I think not, and Townsend would have been the perfect player to step in. The bonus is that he can also play on the right, in fact the 2 goals he scored for QPR where when he was actually playing on the right. He would have been a real asset considering the injuries Lennon has picked up this season.

Bale on the RIGHT is simply the wrong option - cutting in or not - as it completely nullifies his strengths.

Even though I do not disagree with your sentiment I cannot but notice how he excels playing on the right for Wales

I think you find he is comfortable on both feet

I like lennon, but his place is under threat imo and its because of a lack of goals. If AVB goes with one up front then that puts pressure on others behind to chip in with a fair few. Bale can do it but i dont see many others contributing.

When it comes to goals I think if any places are under threat it is Defoe and Adebayor

In some ways he reminds me of Robben - cutting inside, dribbling, shooting from distance, etc. Probably not a perfectly apt comparison but it stood out in my head that he reminds me of Robben.

Playing wide in a 4-3-3 is nothing like the winger in a 4-4-2 and I think we've all seen just how useful putting crosses into the box has been for us. The front three in a 4-3-3 are all expected to score more than they're supposed to be creators. The wingers (if we call them that) will be coming inside most of the time to give us presence in front of goal, something which should suit Bale. It's the FBs that are supposed to offer width in attack.

Me too wasn't a dig just saying like :)

Maybe I'm wrong in assuming Townsend is right footed he just always looks to shift the ball to his right and looks more comfortable with his right foot to me?

Townsend most def is left footed but is decent with his right as well

Playing wide in a 4-3-3 is nothing like the winger in a 4-4-2 and I think we've all seen just how useful putting crosses into the box has been for us. The front three in a 4-3-3 are all expected to score more than they're supposed to be creators. The wingers (if we call them that) will be coming inside most of the time to give us presence in front of goal, something which should suit Bale. It's the FBs that are supposed to offer width in attack.

Yep - I think 4-3-3 is ideal for Bale as the front three are typically quite mobile. We do need a Modric-type in midfield though alongside Sandro and either Dembele or Siggy

I wish someone would make a video or gif of his 14 dribbles for QPR against Wigan. Probably would be quite a bit of work though, I know for sure I'm not gonna do it :)

What I like about Townsend is that he is a bit of a wildcard and could score from nothing. I think he and Rose will be interesting to have back next season. But their futures massively depend on whether we buy some top talent in their positions

Even though we was in for Willian now AVB has seen Townsend at close quarters for Spurs and at QPR I cant see him blowing a load of his budget on another winger type, I think he will be happy to have Townsend. I like Rose, but got a feeling he might look at a top left back to be brought in (along with keeping Rose)...

AVB needs to be completely honest in assessing whether he feels Andros could be as good as Azza and trusts him to play either in place of him or certainly as primary backup in Lennons absence.
If not then we need to look at some top players to bring in.

I think the general feeling is Rose and Townsend could have played important roles in this seasons campaign, but I think most of us can agree that their loans have proven to be very successful

In addition to being a bigger talent (imo) Townsend has the advantage of playing multiple positions, and that he plays in more attacking positions where there are more substitutions made to change games or because players tire.

Rose isn't as good as Ekotto or Vertonghen (again, imo) so it would be difficult for him to get games from the start and as a sub. Townsend isn't as good as Lennon or Bale (more uncertain about Sig/Dempsey though), but he's more likely to get game time both as a starter and as a sub.

Would be surprised at this time if we sent Townsend out on loan again in the summer, wouldn't be surprised at all if we sent Rose out on another loan though.

And yes, I see Rose as a left back almost exclusively. I don't think he has what it takes to make it as a winger.

AVB needs to be completely honest in assessing whether he feels Andros could be as good as Azza and trusts him to play either in place of him or certainly as primary backup in Lennons absence.
If not then we need to look at some top players to bring in.

I think the general feeling is Rose and Townsend could have played important roles in this seasons campaign, but I think most of us can agree that their loans have proven to be very successful

Leighton Baines please.

Shouldn't be too over-priced either with Everton's money troubles!

Leighton Baines please.

Shouldn't be too over-priced either with Everton's money troubles!

English, 28 years old, plays for a team close-ish to the top or a CL spot in the Premiership, two years left on his contract, has been linked to Manu in the past. Yeah, those players are never over-priced...

Back