• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Come on AVB fan club, explain how that is us moving forward.

I have backed AVB and maybe you would consider me a fan club poster????

I am gutted....that was abysmal and unacceptable.

Do I want it accepted......NO I think he should be given more time BUT I do think after that AVB should offer Danny boy his resignation.

Might have to keep my twitter feed open tonight. Doubt we will hear anything tonight, but you never know

I have backed AVB and maybe you would consider me a fan club poster????

I am gutted....that was abysmal and unacceptable.

Do I want it accepted......NO I think he should be given more time BUT I do think after that AVB should offer Danny boy his resignation.

Looking at those images of AVB at the whistle I think he could have been going through his mind

I think some of you are missing the point. Its not about 'camps' its about how we go forward. I was never the biggest AVB fan and he has done nothing to change my perception however I dont think he should be sacked just yet. I would like him to be given time to change things but that would mean going against his own ideas as theyre clearly not working. He needs to stop being stubborn and allow the players to PLAY.

For him to be given time there needs to be progress from todays performance and the last few games im hoping this has taken away any sense of denial he may have had about the team doing better than what they were and actually does something radical

AVB thinks a good game, I'm sure he reads all kinds of books on tactics, strategy, studies the stats. But that's a lot different from translating it into results on the pitch.

The fans have seen flaws in his strategy/tactics this season and last. It has all been discussed at length on this forum Yet none of the problems seem to have been addressed, AVB isn't any closer to picking a regular team, with the same players in the same positions. I just don't think he is up to the job.

Either AVB stays and we will muddle along -struggling to attract decent players from mid-table, and possibly missing out on European football , let alone CL football. Or AVB goes and we hope we can find someone to get the team playing with some kind of fluency and goal threat. Both a risky decsisons, and not what you would have hoped for at this point in the season.

Levy's got a tough decision coming up.

The problem for me is that AVB seems to continually select the wrong team for each game.

Our squad is not as good as it might look on paper. We have too many technically good, but lightweight and ineffectual midfielders, not enough pace / penetration and limited choices in defence. Therefore, if we are going to rotate then we need to pick teams to match the oppositions strengths / weaknesses.

Today we should have packed the midfield with Sandro, Dembele, Paulihno to be as solid as we can from the start and played Towsend and Lennon for pace on the break. Ironically we've played a similar team against park the bus sides (where our technical midfielders would be better), and yet today played both Holtby and Lamela who were always going to be lightweight.

Just seems like crazy squad management to me - continually making the wrong choices. Persistance with inverted wingers (when it clearly doesnt work) doesn't help either.

Levy wont sack him, avb wont resign......things will remain as we are till the end of the season

Agree. We're getting worse and worse under him, 9th place, 6 goals from open play in 12 games, unfortunately we don't have a world class player to bail us out this year and its showing. We have zero attacking threat and there are no signs that things are improving. OK we made a lot of changes in the summer but the squad have been together for 3-4 months and there's no system or understanding. If AVB stays in charge we don't look like we have any chance of finishing top 4. He needs to go

But we shouldn't need one, I mean we don't have the star quality of Modric & Bale but we sure as he'll have the quality to be an excellent team unit. Look at how Martinez has got Everton playing. There's a difference between not firing on all cylinders until the new players take time to gel and looking completely clueless and uncompetitive. We were as bad as Norwich were it takes a special kind of performance to drop two places in the league without your rivals even playing!!!!!

I could see this performance coming just like I could see the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one coming, we've got away with it all season so far but haven't looked like a TEAM. This is the key. Good managers build teams better than the sum of the parts, but a bad manager makes good players look lost! Ramos mk 2 - a super-coach who over thinks a simple game!

I've never known a manager that can have such a talented group of players and produce championship like football. Never have i seen a manager be in a job for nearly one and a half years and only have a few decent home performances...IN OVER A YEAR. It's frightening what this man has done to us and without a world class player constantly bailing us out (no pun intended) our tactics and our manager have been ruthlessly exposed.

Levy wont sack him, avb wont resign......things will remain as we are till the end of the season

I would hope that we get out of our funk and progress under avb.......

The players look lost and bereft of confidence...that has to change...... one way or another.

Danny has shown before he isn't scared of making a decision.

What manager could we get anyway?
Maybe Laudrup?

Plays a nice style, young, good rep, more of a coach, would work in out system.

Can't think of anyone else really.

I'd be happy to see someone like Steve Clarke given a go. Step up for him undoubtedly, but has to be better than today.

We need someone who gets the best out of what they have and the team looks more than the sum of its parts, we look much less than ours.

Marco Bielsa as Spurs manager...

66xc0k.jpg

Excitement.

The problem for me is that AVB seems to continually select the wrong team for each game.

Our squad is not as good as it might look on paper. We have too many technically good, but lightweight and ineffectual midfielders, not enough pace / penetration and limited choices in defence. Therefore, if we are going to rotate then we need to pick teams to match the oppositions strengths / weaknesses.

Today we should have packed the midfield with Sandro, Dembele, Paulihno to be as solid as we can from the start and played Towsend and Lennon for pace on the break. Ironically we've played a similar team against park the bus sides (where our technical midfielders would be better), and yet today played both Holtby and Lamela who were always going to be lightweight.

Just seems like crazy squad management to me - continually making the wrong choices. Persistance with inverted wingers (when it clearly doesnt work) doesn't help either.

Agreed. I think a midfield trio of sandro dembele and paulinho will help us to be a little more solid in defensive tranisiton-city caught us on the break so many times today, they saw us coming plus it didnt help the fact that holtby and paulinho we're interchanging positions, it left sandro isolated-the tactics we're dire but i think this defeat was needed to make the players and avb realize that things need changing and fast. I would also bring ade back into the fold as he's all round contribution seems better that soldados, siggy should always start on the left as he retains the ball well/provides goal threat plus with towns/lennon on the right

About a month ago I was deffending AVB saying it would come good but the way he can't decide what our starting line up should be, doesn't seem to be interested in obtaining the left back we clearly need and seems to be getting worse every game is realy starting to push me the other way.

I'm now starting to worry we will miss out on Champions League if we continue to employ him until it's too late.

Can anyone think of avaliabe managers at the moment? Get Baldini on the hunt! But please not Capello!

"we've been very very consistent offensively".....:lol:

If we've been very consistent offensively and defensively why have we been working on a 4-4-2 formation for the last 2 weeks?

That's what that deluded man said yesterday...he also said "we've been very very consistent defensively too".....over to you AVB?

Back