• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

We won some in between those heavy defeats, but I wouldn't say they were anywhere near good performances.

I'd say Sunderland was a pretty damn good performance to be honest. Should have scored 6. Fulham it's not like we dominated for 90 minutes but we created some good stuff. Man United was a good performance. Earlier in the season we've had good performances.

Anyway, all pointless now. Onwards with the new guy who is obviously for sure going to make us the best club ever under the current owners...bah.

We won some in between those heavy defeats, but I wouldn't say they were anywhere near good performances.

Only good performance I can think of was first half at Everton where we absolutely dominated them then let them back into it.

I'd say Sunderland was a pretty damn good performance to be honest. Should have scored 6. Fulham it's not like we dominated for 90 minutes but we created some good stuff. Man United was a good performance. Earlier in the season we've had good performances.

Anyway, all pointless now. Onwards with the new guy who is obviously for sure going to make us the best club ever under the current owners...bah.

Who would you want in?

Who would you want in?

I have no idea right now.

Potchettino...but he would need time and he wouldn't get it with us. Laudrup would be underwhelming but would have us playing nice football but I don't think he'd take us to where we want to be and are apparently ludicrous expectations. Hoddle...I would like to know how up to date he is on coaching trends etc but I just don't think he would fit with what we are trying to do, work with Baldini etc.

My preferrence is Potchettino, but he will need time and I don't think he would get it. But he's the only one I could imagine having the ambition and being the 'just crazy enough that it might work' type of guy with beliefs that could see us over-perform. But I don't know if he'd even leave Southampton at this stage in his career.

Basically we ****ed up. If there were doubts about AVB we should have just gone for Martinez if we are going to judge managers on odd month spells here and there. The well of hot young managers has dried up.

It was the right decision, AVB was never going to be here longer than 3-4 years by his own admission anyway. His tactics were ripped apart easily once teams figured us out. He didnt seem to react to this by changing our play and refused to learn from his mistakes.

He also seems a poor man manager which after Harry was always going to go against him. And most of all our play was utterly dire and soul destroying, we enjoy a big support and great sponsorship deals based on our traditions and history but think of 2 more years of this style of play???

I also think had the board and Levy lost faith even before yesterday and even if he had gotten a few more results it would just delayed the enivitable and we'd have just been drifting along until the next thrashing. So getting a new guy now would give him a chance to work with the team before the transfer window and get us moving foward again.

Ridiculous, I dispair at my club sometimes..

It's just the fickle nature of modern football.. The fans, boards, owners, media, it's ****ed.. Expectations are so ****ing skewed and no one is given a chance to achieve anything.. How on earth will we establish a winning long term mentality when it's changing every year and a half?

I have no idea right now.

Potchettino...but he would need time and he wouldn't get it with us. Laudrup would be underwhelming but would have us playing nice football but I don't think he'd take us to where we want to be and are apparently ludicrous expectations. Hoddle...I would like to know how up to date he is on coaching trends etc but I just don't think he would fit with what we are trying to do, work with Baldini etc.

My preferrence is Potchettino, but he will need time and I don't think he would get it. But he's the only one I could imagine having the ambition and being the 'just crazy enough that it might work' type of guy with beliefs that could see us over-perform. But I don't know if he'd even leave Southampton at this stage in his career.

Basically we ****ed up. If there were doubts about AVB we should have just gone for Martinez if we are going to judge managers on odd month spells here and there. The well of hot young managers has dried up.

Pochetino has still yet to achieve anything IMO

He lost his last job and didn't win a trophy and so far at SCBC he has invested in some new players of whole the most expensive looks poor. His side play a nice barns of dynamic football but is that because the majority have came through the club?

He is very much flavour of the month for me and I'm not anti him but he has done much less than AVB in a similar period and doesn't want to speak English publicly

I haven't got a clue if I'm honest but I wouldn't be advers e to Biesla who is available and I'd held in high regard by the players who have played for him. He is multi lingual and his sides play effective attacking football

No way Potchettino will be appointed, he's basically AVB .

Apart from the fact Pochettino can turn around to a player and say "I played for Argentina" and that is very important.

We need faces on the bench who know the club. People who have played at the top level. Ginola wants to get involved thats for sure so bring him in. Bring back hoddle in the set up aswell. And make Klinsmann manager.

Pochetino has still yet to achieve anything IMO

He lost his last job and didn't win a trophy and so far at SCBC he has invested in some new players of whole the most expensive looks poor. His side play a nice barns of dynamic football but is that because the majority have came through the club?

He is very much flavour of the month for me and I'm not anti him but he has done much less than AVB in a similar period and doesn't want to speak English publicly

I haven't got a clue if I'm honest but I wouldn't be advers e to Biesla who is available and I'd held in high regard by the players who have played for him. He is multi lingual and his sides play effective attacking football

MP I think is a lot like AVB and just from the vein of continuing the work we have started is why I would want him, but I can agree he isn't necessarily right for us at this stage of his career and I don't know if he would take the job. He'd be mad to because of the expectations here anyway.

His signings though...no surprise Osvaldo has started off slowly...he's foreign. All of his Brits and PL experienced guys are doing well. Again not a surprise. That's the key factor here IMO, and it's just so so pointless sacking the manager.

To be honest Alan Pardew isn't a bad shout. I think he's under-rated.

I am being completely serious too.

If Paulinho hadn't've been sent off and the game finished 0-2, would AVB still be here do you think?

3 horrific results. Outside of that, it was actually a decent season. There was always going to be some pain to begin with when you've had such an upheaval. I don't know. Head scratching stuff, where do we go from here?

Apart from the fact Pochettino can turn around to a player and say "I played for Argentina" and that is very important.

We need faces on the bench who know the club. People who have played at the top level. Ginola wants to get involved thats for sure so bring him in. Bring back hoddle in the set up aswell. And make Klinsmann manager.

The world would collapse in on itself with that much ego sitting on our bench.

Not a fan of getting Pochettino to be honest. Doing well at Southampton but still hasn't achieved anything and managing Spurs is a whole different world of pressure.

Back