• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

For me, his age was always the No. 1 concern, and in all honesty I think immaturity was indeed the fatal flaw in the end. Even the 5 years Martinez and Rodgers have on him is enough to make that little difference in experience/maturity I think.

Agree 100%. To keep the players' respect you need that age difference, that difference in experience. Bold move, didn't work out, move on. We can still win a cup this season!

I was hugely excited when we got AVB, but am now relieved as whilst I think the number of points we have in the league is pretty good our style of play has been terrible and can't see it improving.

However, that said, I'm surprised by this as hiring AVB and so many new players was ALWAYS going to be a mixed bag in the short term, so if the club wasn't willing to wait then why do it...

Wouldn't mind Harry back :) The fickle mind of football fans - ha.

All I hope is that we see Ekotto and Ade back in the team and motivated, big fans of both when they fancy it.

There is only one man I want.

30.jpg

He looks up for it.

As a person I like AVB but cant help think he is such a fraud. Stolen a living as a footballer manager and now he can just retire with millions in the bank at the age of what 36? Thats a life and a half.

I hope he does go back to Portugal or just stays away from football, especially the UK. He was unfairly treated I think by the press.

I just don't understand...why do we keep looking towards these guys with a system and a long term plan if we aren't going to expect bumps along the way? Levy and Lewis want title challengers, they want to spend no money net to do it, and while we are supposed to be on this road to title challenging superstardom, we have to be in the top 4 as well when we've only been in the CL once in our lives.

The expectations at our club are ludicrous to be honest. Why sign 7 foreigners, acknowledge that they take 6 months to settle and then sack the guy before they do so. It's just pointless. We may as well not have bothered sacking Harry.

Basically I don't believe this is all AVB's fault. The expectations are obscene and impossible within the time frames he was given.

Don't you think the fans set the expectations too??? Where i sit we could win 4 nil and people could find a reason to complain.... But this season the main reason is the lack of excitement!!!!

Moyes has united on a very rocky road but he will get two seasons minimum there IMO

For us you get 12 games and then your cards are marked. It's the same for the players too I afraid

Patience is not a word understood at white hart lane at any level

Don't you think the fans set the expectations too??? Where i sit we could win 4 nil and people could find a reason to complain.... But this season the main reason is the lack of excitement!!!!

Moyes has united on a very rocky road but he will get two seasons minimum there IMO

For us you get 12 games and then your cards are marked. It's the same for the players too I afraid

=D>

We're an impossible job. Win everything, play brilliantly, or **** off.

If United lost 3-0 at home to West Ham and 5-0 at home to Liverpool, do you think Moyes would still be there.

AVB has also had a season and a half and things are going backwards. Moyes is only in the job 6 months. This isn't just about results, this is about the level of performance that we are turning in. This is about the deficiencies in AVB's methods that the performances point to. Levy can see it. It's a sinking ship with AVB. No point in continuing. I applaud Levy for the decision and that's from someone who wanted AVB in the first place and who wishes him well for the future.

If United lost 3-0 at home to West Ham and 5-0 at home to Liverpool, do you think Moyes would still be there.

AVB has also had a season and a half and things are going backwards. Moyes is only in the job 6 months. This isn't just about results, this is about the level of performance that we are turning in. This is about the deficiencies in AVB's methods that the performances point to. Levy can see it. It's a sinking ship with AVB. No point in continuing. I applaud Levy for the decision and that's from someone who wanted AVB in the first place and who wishes him well for the future.

Firstly they would never lose like that under any manager at United. But yeah he would still get time. There football has been dull as dishwater and yet yesterday I was listening to the radio and the united fans made it clear that he has time

Spurs fans on the other hand with a side sitting above them and arguably going through a lot more changes... Sack the
c€$t

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

That's the problem with perception.

Fewer losses, but those losses were by a larger margin. Whilst that makes virtually no difference whatsoever to the final outcome of our season, it makes those who think without logic feel that we're doing worse than under manager who lost more.

Sorry Scara, but I dont think its the results that got AVB the sack but the performances this season and like I have always said, its been a trend of poor performances rather than just isolated performances. The manner of performances have been abysmal. I have sympathy for AVB but at the same time I cant help but feel the guy is not a football manager but some guy who has compiled a bunch of statistics and decided to steal a living.

Terrible decision to get rid of AVB in my opinion.

Spurs will never succeed unless there's management stability.

And now we've gone and sacked the manager with the best statistical record since the club joined the Football League in 1908.

It's so sad. We wall wanted AVB to be the answer. To be our Wenger or Fergie... but it's a results business and 0-1 Newc, 0-3 WHU, 0-5 Liverpool, 0-6 Emirates Marketing Project... and 3 wins against Palace, Swansea & Hull 1-0 penalties... isn't good enough. If we hadn't have got those 3 penalties AVB would have been gone in November.

We all love AVB, we love the man and he's a very good manager but right now we are absolutely ****e. Not even a shot on target yesterday...

I think it'll be Freund & Sherwood for the West Ham game and then who knows? JURGEN?!

I'm sure there were plenty of Arsenal fans that wanted Wenger out after they lost 3-0 to Derby (A), 2-0 to Sheffield Wednesday (A), 1-0 to Liverpool (H) and 1-3 to Blackburn Rovers (H) within the space of a month in his second season in charge. But he wasn't and Arsenal went on to win the double. The rest is history.

I'm also sure there were plenty of United fans that wanted Ferguson out after their team lost lost six, drew three and won only two of the final 11 games of his third season in charge. But guess what, they dodn't, and see what happened.

Would the same success have happened to AVB had he been allowed to continue at Spurs? We'll never know - and we never will know if keep sacking managers without giving them more time than this.

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

I think Vertonghen is a very good player. But is he world class? Not for me. Subjective term I know but the fella is missing something. Maybe he'll continue to improve but he's looked a bit dejected and disinterested in some games he's played for us.

Paulinho? Not seeing it. He's better than he's been playing for us but a top player? Not at all.

Soldado? Good finisher? Perhaps. But he's 28 and he doesn't get mentioned as world class by anyone. He ain't gonna make that step up at this stage. He can be better than he has been for us though.

Sandro is a beast. Love watching him play but he has a way to go yet before he's in the same bracket as VdV, Bale, Modric (different positions I know).

For me, it's just Lloris that's at the top level. We have a lot of very good players and players with potential.

You are comparing flair class with workman class.

Can Sandro do what those mentioned do? No..........Can they do what he does?? No.....

Unfashionable to call holding midfielders world class but for me he is....

Again though I think the level of transition in the squad this summer means the reset button should have been pressed. He did well before with a pretty average squad plus Bale...now he's doing below par with a load of young new foreigners.

It genuinely is at our club...we want long term success...we want title challenges...we want regular CL participation...we want great football...but we want it all right now. They go for managers to build something long term and give them 3/4 months to achieve it. Who says it takes 3/4 months? Why not 1 year at least?

We have stupid expectations at this club. We will do well because we have a good squad that will eventually settle into this league but I don't see why we employ managers with the long term in mind if we aren't going to let them carry it through.

Back