• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

AvB can go do the Dakar rally now.

Fergy wouldn't ever work with Levy, he knows Dan isn't his type of tipple - but we do need a strong character, our team at times seems so powder puff.

=D>

We're an impossible job. Win everything, play brilliantly, or **** off.

Stayed late after the game yesterday and noticed levy's family had left but not him and this was at 7pm so thought something might be going down. I think the next 4 games were winnable and he probably should have been given a bit more time but that defeat was crushing and there wasnt much heart. I think his system at home failed him aswell with one up top and some of the new players brought in have been poor so far and not responding, just wasnt working and too many mistakes.

Fingers crossed for Kloop but reckon we'll end up with Laudrup.

I find myself torn on this one.

There were no signs that things were getting any better in terms of how the team were playing, the football was boring we looked like we weren't sure what we were doing or what we were meant to be doing. So correct decision.

But then, best start to the league, good points total, not that far off second, does that mean he should have been given the time to get it right.

I don't know.

The club has to take some of the blame for our slow decline back to mid-table mediocrity though. In the past ten years we have consistantly sold our best players whilst knowing that we are not struggling for money. We could have had a midfield of Bale, Carrick, Modric, Lennon with VDV and Berbatov up front had we forced those players to stay. That is a league challenging side, each of those players who were unhappy, would now be happy as they would be playing year in year out in the champions league by now.

I really do think we are the most frustrating club on the planet to support.

Again though I think the level of transition in the squad this summer means the reset button should have been pressed. He did well before with a pretty average squad plus Bale...now he's doing below par with a load of young new foreigners.

It genuinely is at our club...we want long term success...we want title challenges...we want regular CL participation...we want great football...but we want it all right now. They go for managers to build something long term and give them 3/4 months to achieve it. Who says it takes 3/4 months? Why not 1 year at least?

We have stupid expectations at this club. We will do well because we have a good squad that will eventually settle into this league but I don't see why we employ managers with the long term in mind if we aren't going to let them carry it through.

I think Levy is planning long term which is why he is insisting on the DoF model. The sacking of a coach shouldn't impact the club as badly as it would if we had a traditional structure. Obviously that didn't work too well with Comolli but Baldini comes with a far better reputation.

This is not about expectation being too high for me albeit sometimes we do run away with ourselves. Expecting better than losing 5-0 to a good (but not great) Liverpool team, expecting better than a 6-0 mauling away to City and expecting better than a 3-0 home loss to a crowd of journeymen is not expecting too much. If we were where we are without those defeats and playing decent football, AVB would still be in a job. That we have teams absolutely murdering us because of AVB's tactics meant Levy had to pull the trigger. You don't continually bounce back from those sorts of hammerings. Levy saw the signs and did the right thing.

That was expected to be honest, and I cant recall a sacking that was deserved. The guy didnt have a clue.

I am quite sad for him because he is a nice guy, has never played football, so it is quite sad he gets the sack twice.

I think he probably had lost the dressing room in the last few weeks/month. Think about Ade, when you lose Ade, you lost an important character in the dressing room.

Vertonghen didnt really seem very happy either in the last few weeks and LLoris wasnt keen on avb at all for the fiasco at the start of last season.

The football played at home was awful, I mean we could not put two passes together... Not even two..

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

That's the problem with perception.

Fewer losses, but those losses were by a larger margin. Whilst that makes virtually no difference whatsoever to the final outcome of our season, it makes those who think without logic feel that we're doing worse than under manager who lost more.

That is a very good point. Humiliating as it is, I'd prefer the two 0-5 and 0-6 losses to four 0-1/0-2 losses any day. Had AVB been allowed to continue, and we made fourth, no one on here would even remember, let alone care about the Liverpool and City games.

Had to be done, there was no coming back from that situation. I don't dislike the guy, I think with more experience he could be a top manager but I feel it was a wrong place wrong time situation for AVB.

Best of luck AVB in your next endeavor.

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

They're a good side but they're nowhere near as good as we made them look.

And that is part of the problem. Another issue is that we are overloaded with midfielders, and we can neither defend not score goals. Even before yesterday, people were complaining that AVB's Spurs were DULL. And to be dull when winning and awful when losing is too much.

The guy who takes over now, will be Spurs' 20th manager in the PL era (if he's a new guy).

That's more than any other club. Two more than Chelski, one more than Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Apart from Wenger (17 seasons), Pardew (3 seasons) and Allardyce (2 seasons), no other PL manager has now been in charge of their clubs for more than one full season. Madness.

me too.

Up till now, I have I have also supported Levy, but really. We will be once again on a merry-go-round. Director of football, rubbish idea (again).

As for Sherwood, that guy should be no where near the club.

I don't quite know where this story has come from, but then again I don't quite know what Tim Sherwood does at the club. Say he was to get the job, however, the one plus side is we won't be playing in the Europa League next season

I think Levy is planning long term which is why he is insisting on the DoF model. The sacking of a coach shouldn't impact the club as badly as it would if we had a traditional structure. Obviously that didn't work too well with Comolli but Baldini comes with a far better reputation.

This is not about expectation being too high for me albeit sometimes we do run away with ourselves. Expecting better than losing 5-0 to a good (but not great) Liverpool team, expecting better than a 6-0 mauling away to City and expecting better than a 3-0 home loss to a crowd of journeymen is not expecting too much. If we were where we are without those defeats and playing decent football, AVB would still be in a job. That we have teams absolutely murdering us because of AVB's tactics meant Levy had to pull the trigger. You don't continually bounce back from those sorts of hammerings. Levy saw the signs and did the right thing.

It was a unique situation with those losses, in that it wasn't part of a consistently bad run of form and that there were good wins and performances sandwiched in between, with the players still clearly trying to implement what they are told to do. If it was one after the other I'd be more likely to agree that he's lost the players and it was never going to work.

As it is, it was just crazy inconsistency which is to be expected with a lot of combustible elements at play -massive expectations, lots of new signings, foreign players etc.

Just an entirely pointless sacking and ultimately an entirely pointless appointment if you ask me. No point in ever hiring him if he was never going to be allowed to see something through. We end up with Laudrup and it will be completely uninspiring if you ask me. He's decent, he would do a good job and we'd play some nice stuff but I don't think we shoot above and beyond where we are now.

I do feel for the guy. He seemed genuine and very likeable, but for whatever reason what he was trying to do with us wasn't working.

Maybe it would work better on the continent, which is why we seem to do so well against European teams.

This club is.....

ShipSinking-1.jpg

Do not get this club sometimes. The man really promised so much and should've been given one more strike, yet we're now going to have to pay him until 2015, money that would've been better spent on players. No one ever seemed to dislike him in the dressing room bar BAE and Ade.

Honestly feel for him.

Thanks for the efforts you made to try change an unchangeable club from bottlers to winners. Good luck for the future.

Wow what an incredible but sad photograph. A nice distraction from the ongoing turmoil.

It was a unique situation with those losses, in that it wasn't part of a consistently bad run of form and that there were good wins and performances sandwiched in between, with the players still clearly trying to implement what they are told to do. If it was one after the other I'd be more likely to agree that he's lost the players and it was never going to work.

As it is, it was just crazy inconsistency which is to be expected with a lot of combustible elements at play -massive expectations, lots of new signings, foreign players etc.

Just an entirely pointless sacking and ultimately an entirely pointless appointment if you ask me. No point in ever hiring him if he was never going to be allowed to see something through. We end up with Laudrup and it will be completely uninspiring if you ask me. He's decent, he would do a good job and we'd play some nice stuff but I don't think we shoot above and beyond where we are now.

We won some in between those heavy defeats, but I wouldn't say they were anywhere near good performances.

Back