• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield three pans out when all are fit and available

Capoue (should he sign) confuses matters. I'd go

----------Paulinho
-----Dembele--Capoue

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield three pans out when all are fit and available

----------Paulinho
-----Dembele--Capoue

Based on the clip I have seen of Capoue..he ain't no midfielder.

----------Paulinho
-----Dembele--Capoue

if you ask me it would be:

----Paulinho---Sandro---Dembele----

for the perfect balance I would prefer a Modric type rather than Dembele but we don't have one. Playing Capoue in place of Dembele would made it too negative

I guess. I do feel the "Beast" tag has meant he's a little overrated.

Great to have options though!

He's the second name on the teamsheet behind Bale, EVERYTIME.

That is probably right. But he is a bit of a Jonah. He was directly responsible for all our exits from all the cups last season.

Well I mean, you're not wrong. If we had Sandro for Leeds or Basel, we probably would have won.

As long as AVB does not get his head turned, this could be a bit of a dynasty. Levy obviously backs the man, unlike he did Redknapp - the interim manager. I love the way it seems synchronised now. AVB has his ideas - Baldini is sent like a honing missile to gather the crop. It obvious, AVB does not think much of the previous players here, and is slowly shoehorning them out. Exciting, but hopefully for bloody once it will not be transitionary, but the start of a Man-Unitedesque stability for years to come.

As long as AVB does not get his head turned, this could be a bit of a dynasty. Levy obviously backs the man, unlike he did Redknapp - the interim manager. I love the way it seems synchronised now. AVB has his ideas - Baldini is sent like a honing missile to gather the crop. It obvious, AVB does not think much of the previous players here, and is slowly shoehorning them out. Exciting, but hopefully for bloody once it will not be transitionary, but the start of a Man-Unitedesque stability for years to come.

If we keep Bale then this is a big year for AVB. We have a large squad, on paper a strong first XI. Levy hasn't backed a Manager like this since Santini. There is no excuse for failure this year.

If we keep Bale then this is a big year for AVB. We have a large squad, on paper a strong first XI. Levy hasn't backed a Manager like this since Santini. There is no excuse for failure this year.

My biggest worry is the health/fitness issues of Kaboul,Benny,Sandro, when you throw in the fragile Lennon, Defoe, Dembele and Ade you could end up with half the squad missing at anyone time.

I'm convinced we'll finish top two. Nobody can boast a midfield as good as ours. We finally have a world class striker to take some of the burden of Gazzy B

My biggest worry is the health/fitness issues of Kaboul,Benny,Sandro, when you throw in the fragile Lennon, Defoe, Dembele and Ade you could end up with half the squad missing at anyone time.

That's why I stated we have a large squad. Out of that list above Sandro, Dembele and maybe Kaboul are the three I expect to see as first choice regulars this season. But if we sign Capoue then there is a chance that one of Sandro/Dembele won't be anyway. Kaboul didn't feature last year and a team containing Parker as a back up was still good enough for top five (and we went on our best run with both Dawson and Parker in the team so both are clearly are adequate back up players, even though I personally regard Dawson as our best centre half at the club it is clear AVB does not). Although I do take the point that if it wasn't for Bale last season then we would have probably finished below 5th. That's why it is critical to keep Bale.

And if we keep Bale, in addition to the signings we've made this transfer window there is no excuses. We are now firm favourites to finish ahead of Arsenal. The transfer window hasn't shut yet, but at this moment we have a better first XI, and a better squad than they do.

That's why I stated we have a large squad. Out of that list above Sandro, Dembele and maybe Kaboul are the three I expect to see as first choice regulars this season. But if we sign Capoue then there is a chance that one of Sandro/Dembele won't be anyway. Kaboul didn't feature last year and a team containing Parker as a back up was still good enough for top five (and we went on our best run with both Dawson and Parker in the team so both are clearly are adequate back up players, even though I personally regard Dawson as our best centre half at the club it is clear AVB does not). Although I do take the point that if it wasn't for Bale last season then we would have probably finished below 5th. That's why it is critical to keep Bale.

And if we keep Bale, in addition to the signings we've made this transfer window there is no excuses. We are now firm favourites to finish ahead of Arsenal. The transfer window hasn't shut yet, but at this moment we have a better first XI, and a better squad than they do.

If Naughton can rise to the call then I think we are ok at the back but nobody can guarantee that we will find an effective midfield in the first 6 games, the players we have are to samey IMO.

Back