• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It the American way d'ont you know. And if you do not know we will bomb the brick out of you to prove we are right, it what we do.
I think I'd say it's "the way of America" rather than "the American way" - the federal government actions seem to often represent little more than self interest rather than the people, but then most Americans (I'm actually laughing at my own gross generalisation there!) only have contempt for the Federal government and POTUS is more of a status tool.
State governance is more important.
(Sorry, I kinda of got a bit granular there off the back of a humourous comment!)

He actually is the first Presidential nominee in a two horse race that has called out America's past interventions. It's just a shame he's not a little more Ron Paul.

The problem for Ron Paul he is not a loud enough in yer face type of guy, the yanks do like a larger then life leader.

I think I'd say it's "the way of America" rather than "the American way" - the federal government actions seem to often represent little more than self interest rather than the people, but then most Americans (I'm actually laughing at my own gross generalisation there!) only have contempt for the Federal government and POTUS is more of a status tool.
State governance is more important.
(Sorry, I kinda of got a bit granular there off the back of a humourous comment!)

Having lived and worked in the States i do like Americans ( and i have many American friends) Its a great Country with some great people but their leadership leaves a lot to be ashamed of.

Brexit was always way closer than Trump currently is.

I'm not sure how much I should read into opinion polls and surveys though. I remember the last election over here, it was predicted to be a close run thing, but then the Tories tinkled it and the media apparently didn't factor in loads of "shy Tory voters".

I'm not sure how much I should read into opinion polls and surveys though. I remember the last election over here, it was predicted to be a close run thing, but then the Tories tinkleed it and the media apparently didn't factor in loads of "shy Tory voters".

Our electoral system is difficult to read and in terms of seats, the Tories didn't tinkle it. The exit poll got the result almost exactly right.

Unbelievable.
Well actually very believable.

But where are these leaks coming from? And why didn't they come a year ago when it would have saved the whole world this embarrassing spectacle?

Unbelievable.
Well actually very believable.

But where are these leaks coming from? And why didn't they come a year ago when it would have saved the whole world this embarrassing spectacle?

Two birds with one stone. Stop Trump and get a Democrat president. A year ago you'd only have stopped Trump.

Does no one think all these storys coming out so near to the election is a bit handy, if they have been out there for years its strange they have not been mentioned before. There was another story on the news by a woman who says she was sat next to him on a plane a few years ago and he was all over her.

American politics stinks always has done and the gang behind locked doors are at it again.

Does no one think all these storys coming out so near to the election is a bit handy, if they have been out there for years its strange they have not been mentioned before. There was another story on the news by a woman who says she was sat next to him on a plane a few years ago and he was all over her.

American politics stinks always has done and the gang behind locked doors are at it again.

I don't think that there is anything strange about it. It takes a lot of courage for someone to come forward and allege sexual assault, especially when the perpetrator is a rich and powerful man. Him admitting it on tape has just been the catalyst that was needed for people to come forward. It is not even as if he has only admitted to one offence either, he has repeatedly boasted about it. I also remember reading about him making inappropriate comments towards and about female contestants on the Apprentice earlier in the campaign, so it is not as if all of this is new.

I don't think that there is anything strange about it. It takes a lot of courage for someone to come forward and allege sexual assault, especially when the perpetrator is a rich and powerful man. Him admitting it on tape has just been the catalyst that was needed for people to come forward. It is not even as if he has only admitted to one offence either, he has repeatedly boasted about it. I also remember reading about him making inappropriate comments towards and about female contestants on the Apprentice earlier in the campaign, so it is not as if all of this is new.

As with Savile once one comes forward the others gain confidence?

Back