• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

How do you discredit Fox news in ways that they haven't already tried. First of all by taking the high road and then by getting down and dirty. Their first amendment laws mean that they cant control FOXs content - I am not sure how you discredit these things now as the biggest News agency in the US is pushing these.

Ignore fox, the real issue is media's general concept of allowing other views, you are allowed to have other opinions, not other facts. Real media agencies should have rules of engagement, e.g.

- When interviewing someone who starts a response to a question with "well, I'm not a scientist, but here's my opinion on climate change/insert other here", the response should be, you do understand by saying you are not a scientist, you are saying you are unqualified to provide an expert opinion and in fact the expert opinion is "this"
- When having an interview as happened recently with a NBA player who stated he believed the earth was flat, the immediate response should be, you are an idiot, and btw, you could get on a boat/plane and see the horizon yourself, or you could book plane flights going east until you end up right back where you started.
- Creationism, Noah, etc is not a theory, its a fudging fable, do not cover it as such.
- Put links to verifiable information in everything you do
- Cover the fudging news, not Kardashians, or someone seeing Christ in their toast, or what women want from their lover type brick that somehow ends up on supposedly credible news channels.

This should translate into, person says something truly stupid, press respond with immediate rebuke of sorry that simply isn't true based on this evidence, and put links on screen or in writing to verifiable proof.

The way to discredit Fox or anything else is by showing there is a different way, a professional, verifiable, creditable way of managing news.

Ignore fox, the real issue is media's general concept of allowing other views, you are allowed to have other opinions, not other facts. Real media agencies should have rules of engagement, e.g.

- When interviewing someone who starts a response to a question with "well, I'm not a scientist, but here's my opinion on climate change/insert other here", the response should be, you do understand by saying you are not a scientist, you are saying you are unqualified to provide an expert opinion and in fact the expert opinion is "this"
- When having an interview as happened recently with a NBA player who stated he believed the earth was flat, the immediate response should be, you are an idiot, and btw, you could get on a boat/plane and see the horizon yourself, or you could book plane flights going east until you end up right back where you started.
- Creationism, Noah, etc is not a theory, its a fudging fable, do not cover it as such.
- Cover the fudging news, not Kardashians, or someone seeing Christ in their toast, or what women want from their lover type brick that somehow ends up on supposedly credible news channels.

This should translate into, person says something truly stupid, press respond with immediate rebuke of sorry that simply isn't true based on this evidence, and put links on screen or in writing to verifiable proof.

The way to discredit Fox or anything else is by showing there is a different way, a professional, verifiable, creditable way of managing news.

I fundamentally agree with what you are saying but in the US this would only be possible with the support of a Billionaire though would it not? Did you watch the Newsroom? Not a documentary by any means but addresses the fact that they need to pay their bills and in a world where ratings = income they are likely follow the easy route

I fundamentally agree with what you are saying but in the US this would only be possible with the support of a Billionaire though would it not? Did you watch the Newsroom? Not a documentary by any means but addresses the fact that they need to pay their bills and in a world where ratings = income they are likely follow the easy route

As you mentioned, at the core of the US issue is news is a "for profit" business, hence results are measured by ratings not quality.

Prior to CNN and other attempts to monetize news, nightly news was a service part of the big broadcast companies.

The only hope now is that the legitimate news orgs understand how their lack of focus has allowed them to be smeared/discredited and makes them respond with a more professional journalism approach.

Love the way managed to pull yourself away from a rant about 2 thirds of the way through, don't think I could have stopped myself.

As you mentioned, at the core of the US issue is news is a "for profit" business,
Is this not all of America (not just the News) by design and purpose though? Unless there is an altruistic Billionaire with the same agenda can only see it getting worse.

C7CxLvLW0AIiJkM.jpg

A story from someone in a group called One Direction:

“Trump actually kicked us out of his hotel once,” he explains, “You wouldn’t believe it. It was about (meeting) his daughter. He phoned up our manager and we were asleep.

He said ‘well, wake them up’ and I was like ‘no’ and then he wouldn’t let us use the underground garage. Obviously in New York we can’t really go outside. New York is ruthless for us. So he was like, ‘OK, then I don’t want you in my hotel.’ So we had to leave.”

Back