• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

LOVING this article about Veliz!

"I remember one game, a very tricky away match against Lanus, the year when we finished third in the league. We were winning 2-1 when one of their strikers broke through alone. He ran from halfway, leaving our defenders behind, and looked certain to score. But then Alejo whistled, pretending it was the referee stopping the game. The striker stopped and one of our centre-backs stole the ball."

From The Athletic, hopefully this link will open it in Edge's Immersive Reader -- thanks to @greatwhitenorf for the tip.
read://https_theathletic.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F4957173%2F2023%2F10%2F16%2Falejo-veliz-tottenham-argentina%2F

Liverpool away.....please

LOVING this article about Veliz!

"I remember one game, a very tricky away match against Lanus, the year when we finished third in the league. We were winning 2-1 when one of their strikers broke through alone. He ran from halfway, leaving our defenders behind, and looked certain to score. But then Alejo whistled, pretending it was the referee stopping the game. The striker stopped and one of our centre-backs stole the ball."

From The Athletic, hopefully this link will open it in Edge's Immersive Reader -- thanks to @greatwhitenorf for the tip.
read://https_theathletic.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheathletic.com%2F4957173%2F2023%2F10%2F16%2Falejo-veliz-tottenham-argentina%2F
I came here to post the same thing and alert @Baleforce that just maybe we have someone to replace the giant hole in his heart that Lamela left...

I remember one game, a very tricky away match against Lanus, the year when we finished third in the league. We were winning 2-1 when one of their strikers broke through alone. He ran from halfway, leaving our defenders behind, and looked certain to score. But then Alejo whistled, pretending it was the referee stopping the game. The striker stopped and one of our centre-backs stole the ball.

“Their coach lost it, protesting to the referee. They missed out on the goal and we ended up winning 3-2.

“That showed his funny, roguish side, and how much he was paying attention to the match. He was nowhere near the play but he did something that helped us win a tough game. It was audacious. The Lanus coach wanted to kill him.”

I came here to post the same thing and alert @Baleforce that just maybe we have someone to replace the giant hole in his heart that Lamela left...

I remember one game, a very tricky away match against Lanus, the year when we finished third in the league. We were winning 2-1 when one of their strikers broke through alone. He ran from halfway, leaving our defenders behind, and looked certain to score. But then Alejo whistled, pretending it was the referee stopping the game. The striker stopped and one of our centre-backs stole the ball.

“Their coach lost it, protesting to the referee. They missed out on the goal and we ended up winning 3-2.

“That showed his funny, roguish side, and how much he was paying attention to the match. He was nowhere near the play but he did something that helped us win a tough game. It was audacious. The Lanus coach wanted to kill him.”

love that

I'm thinking this guy might well turn out to be our secret weapon.

Come Dec-Jan-early Feb, we'll be missing Son, Bissouma and Mate Sarr so opportunities are going to be presented to players in supporting roles. Everything I read about Veliz suggests that this is the man for the moment. Once he gets fully grounded in the pace and hurly-burly of the Premier League, he's got the tools to grab a role and never let go.

If I were Richarlison - a Brazilian - looking at Veliz - an Argentinian - becoming part of the regular game day squad, I'd be seriously motivated to finish my chances and work my ass off pressing and back tracking because Veliz looks like he has the tenacity and drive to keep himself in pole position for an attacking role once he gets settled.

And if this process only serves to elevate the games of both players, it's win-win for the club.

I'm thinking this guy might well turn out to be our secret weapon.

Come Dec-Jan-early Feb, we'll be missing Son, Bissouma and Mate Sarr so opportunities are going to be presented to players in supporting roles. Everything I read about Veliz suggests that this is the man for the moment. Once he gets fully grounded in the pace and hurly-burly of the Premier League, he's got the tools to grab a role and never let go.

If I were Richarlison - a Brazilian - looking at Veliz - an Argentinian - becoming part of the regular game day squad, I'd be seriously motivated to finish my chances and work my ass off pressing and back tracking because Veliz looks like he has the tenacity and drive to keep himself in pole position for an attacking role once he gets settled.

And if this process only serves to elevate the games of both players, it's win-win for the club.

He definitely has something about him that makes me think this is a possibility.

But he's also getting minutes now because of our injury problems on the left and Richarlison playing there instead of being on the bench. If Son and Richarlison stay fit and Johnson, Gil or Solomon stake a real claim for the left wing role Veliz will probably not get a lot of minutes.

Wouldn't be surprised either way, but could see him not be involved much. Or get chances, but just not get the goals/performances. Either is fine of course for a player that young and new to the club. Very good option to have.

He definitely has something about him that makes me think this is a possibility.

But he's also getting minutes now because of our injury problems on the left and Richarlison playing there instead of being on the bench. If Son and Richarlison stay fit and Johnson, Gil or Solomon stake a real claim for the left wing role Veliz will probably not get a lot of minutes.

Wouldn't be surprised either way, but could see him not be involved much. Or get chances, but just not get the goals/performances. Either is fine of course for a player that young and new to the club. Very good option to have.

Son will get taken off quite a bit, looks like Richi's role is left now, he'll get minutes.

Looked fast, physical, made decent runs, he needs to hope he gets some time with our best version of the midfield behind him

Son will get taken off quite a bit, looks like Richi's role is left now, he'll get minutes.

Looked fast, physical, made decent runs, he needs to hope he gets some time with our best version of the midfield behind him

I think Richarlison's primary role is as a striker. Currently rightly behind Son for that role.

With Perisic and Solomon out. Johnson and Gil out and then just returning from injury Richarlison is luckily a capable option on the left. He may keep his place there when others are fit, be seen as the better option. I'm not so sure about that, at the very least it's too early to say.

Johnson and Gil are back but likely to have their minutes managed carefully. Both on the bench vs. Fulham. Would like to see them get more opportunities as they'll be needed in Jan.

Didn't help him or Johnson that both Maddison and Son were withdrawn when they came on. Looked a mess up there and they couldn't get hold of the ball.
Johnson, to me, looked like someone holding something back. As someone who has suffered multiple hamstring injuries playing, I can completely understand why he might be, consciously or otherwise. It can be such a dispiriting / confidence draining injury to be regularly afflicted by.

Wasn't a clean strike, but it was a strike.
Glad he got his goal, and hopefully he doesn't need to wait long for the 2nd.

Hopefully he is used more now, or gets a good loan for the rest of the season. I just want to see him get more game time, either way

He’s had merely seconds so far this season but he’s managed to get himself involved every time he’s come on.

Yes, but he’s only really played in garbage time.

You get more opportunity when the defence is in clock run, bend don’t break mode.

Took his goal well.

When chasing a game this guys an option
When trying to hold on, this guys an option
is showing that he wants ti be here, despite the rumours
and he will fight for everything
can see him getting many more minutes with son away
Think he could be the Kane in the Sherwood season.

Congratulations Veliz on your first PL goal. Delighted for you. More grease to your elbow or should that be boot? Or should that even be grease? Lol!

Congrats to him, you could see it meant something. Actually well taken, ball was actually behind him, had to reach for it.

Got a little more time and was actually on when a creative player was on pitch, got more opportunity.

We need to adjust a little when he's in, very good in the air

It's great to see new blood scoring, and with him, Parrott, Scarlett, and Donley we have a lot of young forwards coming through. May be needed come Jan.

Back