• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AFCON 2023

Where do you set the limit then?
Limit on what - celebrating? I haven't given it a huge (i.e. any) amount of thought. But things that could actually cause a problem, such as jumping into the crowd, or taunting opposition fans, are worthy of punishment (although Adebayor's magnificent run and knee-slide celebration to taunt the goons remains a thing of beauty). I agree that whilst it remains a yellow card offence, players are stupid to do it. I just don't see any harm in it as a celebration. As to why we don't see it in other sports, I don't know the answer, except that for me I don't think there is any other sport that has the same combination of raw emotion, adrenalin (players and fans) and crowd involvement that football has and maybe that is what sparks such a spontaneous reaction to very key goals.

Nedum Onouha. He’s a bit blunt but I have warmed to him.

He keeps Jenas on his toes.
Absolute negative cnut, taking the whole banter jokey thing all the pundits to another level.

Had I been Jenas I would have told him to pipe down. His criticism of a penalty that was scored was just snarling and pathetic, was like listening to a moody teenager.

Absolute negative cnut, taking the whole banter jokey thing all the pundits to another level.

Had I been Jenas I would have told him to pipe down. His criticism of a penalty that was scored was just snarling and pathetic, was like listening to a moody teenager.

He was right about that penalty it went in but was not great.

Yeah but it was the scoffing. I actually was watching completely impartially but found him to be the most annoying pundit I have seen.

Sensed Jenas was tinkled off by him as well.
I think he was simply just trying to hide the fact that he is desperately wanted Naija to win and did not wish to come across as too biased.

Back