• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AFCON 2023

They looked the better team when I was watching.

Less of the ball, but created the better chances. Bissouma wil be a good option to help protect the back line and get the ball forward.

Should mean we see less of Skipp and Hojbjerg

They looked the better team when I was watching.

Less of the ball, but created the better chances. Bissouma wil be a good option to help protect the back line and get the ball forward.

Should mean we see less of Skipp and Hojbjerg

Good Lord. Going to be down to 4 absentees at most for next Saturday. When was the last time we were that close to a full sqaud

The goalscorer got booked for removing his shirt and will miss the semifinal.

Why do footballers feel to compelled to do this? You don't see it in any other sport.
If I was in charge, I'd fine players a minimum of 1 months wages for getting booked for taking the shirt off. 2 months wages if they do it again.

If I was in charge, I'd fine players a minimum of 1 months wages for getting booked for taking the shirt off. 2 months wages if they do it again.
I'd rather they just stopped it being a bookable offence. As long as there are no slogans on a t-shirt underneath, I don't see the problem with it. Not harming anyone, not impacting the continuation of the game, just a spontaneous celebratory action.

I'd rather they just stopped it being a bookable offence. As long as there are no slogans on a t-shirt underneath, I don't see the problem with it. Not harming anyone, not impacting the continuation of the game, just a spontaneous celebratory action.

I think that was exactly the reason for it. I remember Diego Forlan losing his shirt then trying to get it back and spending minutes trying to untangle and get it back on lol

Ah OK, I don't remember that.
We talked about it on this forum a couple of months ago.
Forlan was charging around shirtless as he couldn't put it back on. Shambolic.

The above poster is right, you don't see it in Rugby or Basketball or Tennis or any other sport I think?

Players ignoring rules is a very poor argument for getting rid of the rule.
Might as well get rid of fouls, because players keep making them.

It's not exactly the offside rule we're talking about, though. Or any other rule with a meaningful impact on the game.

It's just a stupid, modern invention, probably to protect the interest of shirt sponsors. I can't recall a single fan ever considering it an issue - instead at the time there were other serious threats to the integrity of the game being blatantly overlooked. Time wasting and injury feigning, to name the two worst, one of which has only just this season been adressed properly.

Players ignoring the rule isn’t my reason for preferring it not to be a rule. I just think it is unnecessary to class it as a yellow card offence. And more so now, as to the point made by @dingdongo, any excessively long celebrations will (should) result in time being added on.

Players ignoring the rule isn’t my reason for preferring it not to be a rule. I just think it is unnecessary to class it as a yellow card offence. And more so now, as to the point made by @dingdongo, any excessively long celebrations will (should) result in time being added on.
Where do you set the limit then?

Back