• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

I think he has been doing some work on lifting his crosses, going on those made so far this season. It's what most people criticise him for, and it means defences have one more thing to worry about.

Always been that kind of player, when on form gets me out of my seat when he's on the ball. Injuries and consistensy been his major flaws over the years

I always end up leaving the ground feeling with his pace, control and work-rate he should have done more. At times he seems uninterested at going at players in the box.

I think that's just a timing and confidence thing - he likes to gets he ball early Sotho t the defender isn't set - rather than being uninterested. (Btw, perfect use of uninterested, a lot of people say disinterested which means impartial)

I think he has been doing some work on lifting his crosses, going on those made so far this season. It's what most people criticise him for, and it means defences have one more thing to worry about.

He's always had that little dink to the back post I think. Granted, he could use it more and if anything it's sometimes the low cut backs that don't look convincing.

Lennon has always crossed the ball with that lifted chip type pass that has little pace on it

Yeah, he used to drop those on the head of Crouch for example. Now Ade is back in the team he has someone to aim those at, no point in crossing like that towards Defoe or Soldado...

Lennon usually crosses it low because he had that understanding with Defoe who who he'd pull it back to on the floor a lot. Defoe scored quite a few goals like that from Lennon if I remember correctly....

I think Azza's biggest strength right now is his off-the-ball runs behind the full-back, to receive a through ball between the CB and FB. I don't think a single one of our other wide players do that (mostly because they play inverted I guess).

If we're going to critique Soldado after todays performance, might as well Lennon's too.

He was absolutely useless and a no show the entire game. I don't even remember one half chance he created all game.

Worst of all for me is that he effects the balance we have down the right hand side with Walker. When Townsend is played out wide we have a natural flow and the two have a much better understanding together. But when Lennon's out there, all we get is a lot of misplaced passes, and the two wining/complaining with each other.

I love lennon even named my dog Lenny after him lol

I thought he was useless today, we seemed to switch to a 433 in the 2nd half with Lennon pushed up as one of the 3, and he offered nothing. I was crying out for Chadli to be brought on but the only saving grace Lennon has he always works hard.

Its going to be very interesting when Townsend is back I think Lennon could find himself on the bench a lot more

lennon been here nearly 10 years and still cant cross a ball.
watch him. he always puts in the same crappy floaty crosses.

remember when anderton played on the right wing. he could put in differnt types of crosses.
i have never seen lennon put a cross in with pace. the ones strikers love.

hes going to put a decent ball in once in a while. but why have the coaching staff not picked up on this.

bentley was slow and lazy but could cross a ball
anderton when he was played on the right could put in good crosses.

We are in the "average" stage of the Lennon cycle. Soon he will get injured and then a month later this forum will be begging for his return.

We are in the "average" stage of the Lennon cycle. Soon he will get injured and then a month later this forum will be begging for his return.

:lol:

NAIL. HAMMER. HEAD.

Whenever Lennon isn't leaving players for dead this place turns into the player haters ball. Second he's injured, everyone cries and wants him back.

:lol:

NAIL. HAMMER. HEAD.

Whenever Lennon isn't leaving players for dead this place turns into the player haters ball. Second he's injured, everyone cries and wants him back.

Unfortunately that is because most of us have selective memories. We remember the odd bits of brilliance the little man has done over the years and delete from our memory banks all the average to poor performances he puts in most of the time nowadays.

Consequently, when he is out and the team is struggling, we bring to mind these golden gems and hope beyond hope he can recreate some of this magic. Regretfully, it rarely happens nowadays.

its obvious that timmeh changed things up a lot in yesterday's game, and wanted lennon to converge in the centre while leaving rose wide, and soldado behind ade, paulinho in a very advanced position.

all of it didn't work. i don't blame the strikers, I thought we were too congested up front and should counter it by trying to open up the defence, not join in with numbers. our attacks look like 30-a-side street soccer at times.

Lennon spent most of the game standing around in the middle of the pitch, there was so much space on the right that we didn't use.

I am assuming this was Tim's idea, but still he made the wrong decision 90 percent of the time he got the ball.

Made us narrow, expected full backs to give us width but not leave a midfielder to back to cover the spaces left in behind.

Lennon is fine

he just wasnt getting the right service, plus we were away from home

the goal aside i have to say i wasnt happy with paulinho's contribution

he seems stuck in between two primary tasks and so offers no speciality. the game was scatty yesterday , seemed very disorganised and i think the balance in midfield has a lot to do with that

lets see that combination in more games and come to a conclusion

Back