• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

If Lennon was made available tomorow, which clubs would want him?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - probably not French enough for their liking
Southampton - at a push maybe
Villa - if they could afford him
bottom 10 - all would want him I imagine if they have the money

We continue to play the likes of Dawson and Lennon even though we have better players available(ok we didn't yesterday) but it seems that those two in particular aren't judged the same way a lot of others are, they can get away with having one good game in five whereas others(Lamela) get much shorter rope. Dawson, Lennon and Soldado don't deserve to start the next game but I bet the first two will for sure.

Most of our English players aren't good enough to be fair. Lack the technical ability to be anything more.

Have we seen Dembele play wide? I think he could potentially play on the left drifting in when Sandro returns. Eriksen could play on the right. We might end up a bit narrow, but can't be any more so than yesterday. Though all credit to Hull they stopped Lennon getting down the line by showing him infield.

Have we seen Dembele play wide? I think he could potentially play on the left drifting in when Sandro returns. Eriksen could play on the right. We might end up a bit narrow, but can't be any more so than yesterday. Though all credit to Hull they stopped Lennon getting down the line by showing him infield.

We've seen him play on the right. In fact, I'd say, taking away Vertonghens two goals, he was our best player at Anfield last year when playing on the right. Brilliant at dribbling with the ball, forcing full backs into rash challenges, plus he'd like to cut in and cause havoc. I mean, I wouldn't be against that. I'd much rather that then those saying he should be our left back :lol:

We've seen him play on the right. In fact, I'd say, taking away Vertonghens two goals, he was our best player at Anfield last year when playing on the right. Brilliant at dribbling with the ball, forcing full backs into rash challenges, plus he'd like to cut in and cause havoc. I mean, I wouldn't be against that. I'd much rather that then those saying he should be our left back :lol:

He's no left back! Like Lennon, Dembele is happy to take a back seat in games. Both need to dictate the game more and be more forthcoming. Find space and want the ball.

I'd like to see Dembele on the right, with two (or three) of Paulinho/ Sandro/ Bentaleb in the middle, Eriksen on the left. Sherwood has too much choice. I can't believe we're this far into the season and we don't really know our best team. A symptom of too many new players all at once.

Lennon is fine

he just wasnt getting the right service, plus we were away from home

the goal aside i have to say i wasnt happy with paulinho's contribution

he seems stuck in between two primary tasks and so offers no speciality. the game was scatty yesterday , seemed very disorganised and i think the balance in midfield has a lot to do with that

lets see that combination in more games and come to a conclusion

I'm sorry Affy but I don't agree here. Lennon has not been fine recently, he has been really disappointing.

Lets look at the last two games. Against City, Walker and others needed a lot more protection with Silva and others running riot. Lennon didn't provide it.

Against Hull, we needed a winger with pace to open up an obstinate defense. Again, Azza was found wanting and didn't perform. Lennon really doesn't deserve a place in our starting eleven and should be kept as an impact sub until he regains any form. He still has no understanding with Walker after what four years together.

Consequently, against Everton, if we want to peg them back on our right side, given how strong Everton are on the left with Baines and Piennar, we need either Townsend or Lamela if they are fit. If not, I would prefer Dembele to play on the right hand side of midfield as he could cover Walkers forward runs without any problem.

I get the feeling Lennon is coasting with us and really needs a fresh start to re-energise him. Sadly, I don't think this will be with us. He has failed to deliver too often.

If Lennon was made available tomorow, which clubs would want him?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - probably not French enough for their liking
Southampton - at a push maybe
Villa - if they could afford him
bottom 10 - all would want him I imagine if they have the money

We continue to play the likes of Dawson and Lennon even though we have better players available(ok we didn't yesterday) but it seems that those two in particular aren't judged the same way a lot of others are, they can get away with having one good game in five whereas others(Lamela) get much shorter rope. Dawson, Lennon and Soldado don't deserve to start the next game but I bet the first two will for sure.

Exactly this. I don't even think Soton would want Lennon, Llalana is a much better player.

I'm sorry Affy but I don't agree here. Lennon has not been fine recently, he has been really disappointing.

Lets look at the last two games. Against City, Walker and others needed a lot more protection with Silva and others running riot. Lennon didn't provide it.

Against Hull, we needed a winger with pace to open up an obstinate defense. Again, Azza was found wanting and didn't perform. Lennon really doesn't deserve a place in our starting eleven and should be kept as an impact sub until he regains any form. He still has no understanding with Walker after what four years together.

Consequently, against Everton, if we want to peg them back on our right side, given how strong Everton are on the left with Baines and Piennar, we need either Townsend or Lamela if they are fit. If not, I would prefer Dembele to play on the right hand side of midfield as he could cover Walkers forward runs without any problem.

I get the feeling Lennon is coasting with us and really needs a fresh start to re-energise him. Sadly, I don't think this will be with us. He has failed to deliver too often.

i hear you bro , and over the last two games he hasnt been at his best, but think of lennon like this, as the sharp penetrating end of a sword with a steady hilt. Lennon cannot function without supply...his is that type of player...in essence his contribution is DIRECTLY linked to the contribution of those that can supply him the ball......and supply him the ball in an early and timely fashion...in order to isolate him with his opposing full back

lennon is not a play making winger, at least he hasnt shown that part of his game enough so that one can claim he is...he is a penetrative winger.....and quite simply one of the deadliest if not the deadliest one in the league when in a one v one situation.

you say we needed lennon to get through hulls defense? i agree.

but think it through, in your mind...play by play. how does he do this? Is it him picking it up from lloris and going through the whole team ?(exaggerating to prove a point) or is it him being supplied the ball in order to beat his man or get in behind him via a pass through the inside channels?

did you expect Lennon to be feeding through balls to trailing runners...ala mata, hazard, willian, giggs, suarez on the flanks , silva etc etc? Unfortunately then in that regard you are almost always doomed for disappointment because that isnt his natural game...he can do it but he doesnt do it...if you get my meaning

it isnt a surpise that lennons best years came when he and thudd were regular starters.....and carrick too. quick efficient supply to lennon directly correlates to us being threatening on his side

one thing though that i didnt think would be in dispute is lennons work rate on the defensive end , i have to say i am surprised that this is being questioned. for a winger...a pure out and out winger , who now has an end product in delivery....he is a premier defender from the flanks..and adequarely substitutes for walker when walker is exposed on the flank without lennon coming infield to promote walkers runs...
IF lennon was to come infield and space for walker was created...it isnt primarily lennons job to cover...its which ever midfield , centre mid, thats on lennons side..they are the ones to cover the flank...this is something that sandro is an expert in and something that we miss baldy

i think if we want to peg everton back then they need to fear us...and fear us with something sinister. i vote for lennon and walker....and quite frankly....neither of pienaar or baines can handle either of those two

one more thing..i think walker and lennons relationship can be better, but it isnt dire, i know thats not what you are saying , and i think that if anyone is to get with the program it should be walker more so than lennon...i feel lennon should be promoting walkers choices more ..cause right now it feels like its the other way around

Lennon has his limitations however at present there's not a shadow of a doubt he'd be in my starting 11. What other options do we have as a wide man? Chadli hasn't yet done anything of note, Lamela has been invisible....granted Townsend is pushing Lennon but there both have their limitations. With everyone fit and based on recent form, I would play Lennon and TOwnsend out wide and Eriksen just off Soldado or Adebayor. Play with Lennon and Townsend out wide and defences would be bricking themselves - they'd be forced to defend wide on both side and therefore leave plenty of space in the middle for Eriksen and our CF

The idea what we would sell Lennon and leave ourselves with the likes of Chadli, Lamela, Siggy etc as wide options is ridiculous

Agreed, Lennon for certain is good enough for EPL but Dawson is now at the age where he's going to playing less for us or all the time for a mid table/relegation scrapper (there is no difference this year).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InrHw3Biob4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[video=youtube;InrHw3Biob4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InrHw3Biob4[/video]

Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since we saw the likes of this... Lennon bombing down the wing, destroying his opponent & crossing for the striker to score. Sure he's still scoring and making assists but not as deadly as in previous seasons.

Can he ever regain this kind of form?

i dont understand why you guys wont accept that someone llike lennon needs to be fed in the right place at the right time

i can tell you now that a lot of united fans want him as opposed to valencia if they had a choice

see that clip....he was isolated against his marker....can anyone tell me one defender that can keep with lennon one v one (aside from richards and enrique)

Lennon is fine

he just wasnt getting the right service, plus we were away from home

the goal aside i have to say i wasnt happy with paulinho's contribution

he seems stuck in between two primary tasks and so offers no speciality. the game was scatty yesterday , seemed very disorganised and i think the balance in midfield has a lot to do with that

lets see that combination in more games and come to a conclusion

Yep again contributing diddly squat in terms of general play. Totally invisible, making it doubly difficult for Benteleb.

Back