• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

I dont want to see him on the left even though when he plays there he is more of a goal threat as he can come in on his right. As I said I just want him to improve his left foot a little so that he can do more than just lay it off when he gets double covered and has to come inside from the right. And also I want him to sometimes pop up in the middle and make a run in behind so they centre backs also have to account for him and worry about him like he did at home to Arsenal last season and as Sterling does. With those strings to his bow i believe he can give more to the team and get back in the England Set up.

I think his left foot has improved, the problem is his shooting isnt actually that powerful with his right so his left will always be weaker. I agree though that in general, players really should be able to hit the ball with their wrong foot. I hate it when players will always cut back to their favored foot only to see the defender get the tackle in.

Yet statistics will show that all season he has had one goal and zero assists.

This is why I ****in hate statistics.

Lennon is brilliant - love the little guy

I don't care about assists, no wonder Ozil got so many playing for Real Madrid. I used to back the guy to the hilt, but has he really improved that much since he first signed for us? I mean dramatically improved? He still gets about 4-5 goals a season, not good enough really considering he's a pretty good finisher, I don't think he's good enough at getting himself into goalscoring positions, he does it occassionally, but not as often as he should do. But there's no doubt he's a serious threat to any side when he's on form, for instance, he usually plays well against United.

I thought Lennon had an excellent game today even though haters will always look for a way to put him down.

And as for all the stick he gets about not getting any assists, well when he puts a perfect cross in like he did today and Soldaldo fails to finish, then it is not Lennon's fault

I thought Lennon had an excellent game today even though haters will always look for a way to put him down.

And as for all the stick he gets about not getting any assists, well when he puts a perfect cross in like he did today and Soldaldo fails to finish, then it is not Lennon's fault

Had a very good game and as always helped out defensively, would have been a perfect game if he had put away his chance.

Actually think he will get more assists with Sherwood's teams, because we actually get more people into the box.

Had a very good game and as always helped out defensively, would have been a perfect game if he had put away his chance.

Actually think he will get more assists with Sherwood's teams, because we actually get more people into the box.

Him or Dawson were for me our MOTM

Always and outlet and a threat

I agree that he had a very good game.

Seems back to his best, looks to take players on whenever possible, delivering some good crosses. And as always he's super dependable when tracking back and can be trusted to give us real width even when not involved a ton.

The little guy was outstanding yesterday and there is only a few posts on this thread?

I watched the game with my Utd supporting mate and he said that Leon is only player to get the better out of Evra year in, year out.

Excellent game from Lennon. Great to see him playing well again. Always seems to be this time of year that his best performances come along

He always has Evra on toast, but yes looked like the Azza of old yesterday. Lets hope he can stay injury free fro a while this time!

I'm constantly having arguements with non-Spurs fans about him. It seems the general concensus is that he's ****.

I think he's quality. He's in no way world class but he can beat a man, passes and moves quickly and works very hard defensively. Been with us for a long time and seems to love the club.

I would have like to have seen him really push on when he broke onto the scene and he definitely hasn't. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm happy with his level of performance over the last few years with us.

Classic Lennon really - get injured, come back and look like a Championship player for a few weeks before suddenly looking like one of the most dangerous players in the league! Long may it continue, we have missed an in-form Azza pretty much since that run without Bale around this time last year where he was absolutely exceptional.

Deserves to keep his place in the team for the foreseeable future - I feel it for Lamela, first Townsend's excellent form, and now Lennon's. Still feel Lamela will announce himself at some point between now and the end of the season though.

I'm constantly having arguements with non-Spurs fans about him. It seems the general concensus is that he's ****.

I think he's quality. He's in no way world class but he can beat a man, passes and moves quickly and works very hard defensively. Been with us for a long time and seems to love the club.

I would have like to have seen him really push on when he broke onto the scene and he definitely hasn't. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm happy with his level of performance over the last few years with us.

If he played like he does when on form he would be hands down one of the best wingers in the world (there aren't all that many left). The problem is he takes a very long time to hit form, seems to be a confidence player and always returns from his fairly frequent injuries with no confidence whatsoever.

The only consistently poor area of his game is his goals tally, and he should have scored against United yesterday. But aside from that he has everything.

I mentioned before, Lennon is a player you only appreciate when he is not in the side and then comes back. He gives us so much width and frightens the life out of fullbacks and this whole myth about his distribution being poor is just that a myth.

I think its highlighted more because he gets in so many good areas, more than most wingers and the likelyhood is, the more chances you get to cross not everyone will be perfect, its just the law of averages. But the does create alot...

I mentioned before, Lennon is a player you only appreciate when he is not in the side and then comes back. He gives us so much width and frightens the life out of fullbacks and this whole myth about his distribution being poor is just that a myth.

I think its highlighted more because he gets in so many good areas, more than most wingers and the likelyhood is, the more chances you get to cross not everyone will be perfect, its just the law of averages. But the does create alot...

=D>

Love him.

To think, some thought he'd reached the end with us in August. Unbelievable. A marvelous player. Hodgson is missing a trick if he doesn't bring him to Brasil.

=D>

Love him.

To think, some thought he'd reached the end with us in August. Unbelievable. A marvelous player. Hodgson is missing a trick if he doesn't bring him to Brasil.

Depends on how you setup, Lennon works when you are willing to use your width, and you are willing to get the ball to him early.

What I find interesting with TS and his use of Lennon is, you have Lennon & Walker +one of Soldado/Ade drifting across and it overloads the right side, so that even when a CM/CB drifts across to cover, it's not enough to nullify the threat, add to that 2 or 3 people actually going to be in the box, it's very effective.

I agree that he had a very good game.

Seems back to his best, looks to take players on whenever possible, delivering some good crosses. And as always he's super dependable when tracking back and can be trusted to give us real width even when not involved a ton.

think its more of a system issue myself. he was always good...just hard work for a direct speedster when playing at a snails pace.

but credit to both all previous managers cause now he gets involved even in slow build up play

Doesn't surprise me when he has a blinder as he's got the ability, the only problems with Lennon are consistency and fitness. He's done it against all the big teams over the years too.

I love him as much as the next fan and people are right about using him early. Remember when we had Carrick playing the balls in behind the fullback for him week in week out? That's what we need, Soldado did it once yesterday and Lennon was wasteful, for me his goalscoring has been the thing that has held him back.

He'd get abused if he went to the World Cup because England don't care about anyone not named Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard. So they'll fail to play to his strengths. They'll play Johnson behind him despite knowing that Walker has been consistent this year and knows Lennons game.

Plus, how do you leave Walcott out?

Back