• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Shame if all that's true, I know he likes to be gangsta but always seemed to work hard in matches and never heard any silly comments from him in the papers.

Will have some fond memories of him. The winne against Chelsea (still the best atmosphere of any match I've been too). Injury time winner against Liverpool, equaliser in the 4-4 at the library. Storming the 2006 WC after Beckhams injury, teams were scared to death of his pace back then though most teams play with a lot of pace now.

Aaron Lennon is poised to become the third signing of the summer for Roberto Martinez as he looks set to rejoin Everton from Spurs.

Lennon spent a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last season, and has reportedly rejected offers from Aston Villa and Celtic to sign for the Toffees.

The 28 year is expected to undergo a medical this week once terms are agreed with Spurs.

Lennon was desperate to return to Goodison Park and work under Roberto Martinez, and held out until Everton made their move.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2015/08/lennon-set-join-everton/

He's available to Everton and most likely for a good price considering his age and league experience, 10m-15m for a 29 year old winger supposedly good enough for a side going for top 4? trouble is he isn't actually that good and they're only interested in him as a squad option - which begs the question why do people think he's good enough for us? I think it's more because of the type of player he is than his quality - people like him because he's a winger who goes outside/stays wide and that's how people want us to play, but he impacts games in an attacking sense no more than Townsend and far less than our other attacking midfielders/wide options - 1 in 10 goal rate over his career and a negligible assist count also. He's not the answer.

Personally if there wasn't the off the field issues if have him in front of Townsend as a squad option as he is a far superior player defensively which is important in our current team - but ideally we would sign someone better than both.

It will be £5M plus add one IMO

You can't command a huge fee for a player you have clearly exciled. Particularly one who is 29 and with a year left on his contract

It will be £5M plus add one IMO

You can't command a huge fee for a player you have clearly exciled. Particularly one who is 29 and with a year left on his contract
Sadly, I think you're right. Everyone knows he is frozen out, and even though he IMO is worth, I can't see us get more now.

These sprinters turn up at 17 with muscles like Mr Universe... course they aren't drug cheats :eek:

blake_2279622b.jpg

Those stretchmarks... That's all very natural.

If you were an Everton fan who rated him after last seasons loan spell would you be a bit tinkled off that Lennon clearly took his time, wasn't eager to sign up straight away and spent the whole summer (3 months or so) seeing what was on offer first, then waiting until after the season has actually started before seemingly thinking 'Yeah, why not, Everton wasn't that bad.. I'll sign''

I have said before that any player rushing to sign early on in a transfer window isn't a smart idea and you should always hold out and see what the best offers are, but I have never thought about it from a fans point of view when they finally choose your club. If I was an Everton fan I would be a bit discouraged by his lack of eagerness to sign.

Anyway, He had some great moments and I wish him all the best.

actually i think it was levy hiking up the price and evertons stupidity to not agree a fee to buy after the loan period

How can he hike up the price if no fee had been agreed?

As in market value he is probably lowest in fee payable due to not being in the squad without number. Levy probably wants a premium and fair play to him. Everton probably thinking they can get him on the cheap

As in market value he is probably lowest in fee payable due to not being in the squad without number. Levy probably wants a premium and fair play to him. Everton probably thinking they can get him on the cheap

More than likely that last part rather than Levy wanting a premium. Ask any poster on here what the market price will be and you will have variations of between £3m and £7m.

I was just responding to the point that it was Levy holding up the deal as I am a Levy apologist. ;)

If you were an Everton fan who rated him after last seasons loan spell would you be a bit ****ed off that Lennon clearly took his time, wasn't eager to sign up straight away and spent the whole summer (3 months or so) seeing what was on offer first, then waiting until after the season has actually started before seemingly thinking 'Yeah, why not, Everton wasn't that bad.. I'll sign''
Is there any evidence that this happened? Any evidence that he's not eager to sign for Everton? Genuine question.

I read an article (can't find it now, but there's plenty of similar ones on NewsNow) that claimed Lennon's been pushing for a move to Merseyside, and has actively turned down other offers - from Aston Villa and Celtic - because he wants to sign for Everton. The delay - according to that particular article - is because Martinez isn't willing to meet our valuation. He knows the player has no future at Spurs so is low-balling. Levy was having none of it... and why should he as long as there are competing / higher offers on the table.

Given that Lennon hasn't got a squad number, isn't training with the first team and is clearly already "out the door" as far as Pochettino is concerned, there's no need for Levy to hurry the deal (after all, we play Everton before the window closes... why give them a player that Martinez obviously values before then?)

More than likely that last part rather than Levy wanting a premium. Ask any poster on here what the market price will be and you will have variations of between £3m and £7m.

I was just responding to the point that it was Levy holding up the deal as I am a Levy apologist. ;)

I think levy always has or financials at heart and the forefront of all conversation. Can't knock him for that at all but sometimes it hinders us.

spot on about a valuation, i just think levy would be thinking of the higher end of the valuation with everton looking to pay the minimum as you would expect.

How do you value a player that doesn't even have a squad number.

I think levy always has or financials at heart and the forefront of all conversation. Can't knock him for that at all but sometimes it hinders us.

spot on about a valuation, i just think levy would be thinking of the higher end of the valuation with everton looking to pay the minimum as you would expect.

How do you value a player that doesn't even have a squad number.

Like Dublin, I don't see Levy hindering us at all in this scenario. As for how you value a player that doesn't have a squad number, it's the same as for any player with a squad number. It's the amount any party would be willing to pay. Levy has cut his losses on a number of players, and it may also be a bit of brinkmanship with Lennon himself who will no doubt be negotiating the "loyalty bonus" that is standard fare for when players leave club when they have not requested the transfer.

Back