• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

How often do you turn up drunk to work before it becomes an issue with your employer?
I get away with it now as I'm the boss ;) but back when I was a mere mortal it happened a few times I guess. I suppose two times is a warning and three times is too much but in football circles I'm sure things are a little different.

I get away with it now as I'm the boss ;) but back when I was a mere mortal it happened a few times I guess. I suppose two times is a warning and three times is too much but in football circles I'm sure things are a little different.

I came pretty much straight from a party once. Not that drunk, able to do my job just fine, but lunch could not come soon enough.

If you're having a problem walking in a straight line or you stink of booze it's probably a bit different.

I'm not condoning Lennon's behaviour, but who hasn't done that at least once in their lives.

I think that one of the main issues was the fact Lennon drove into training? Not sure that many employers would condone that. Have to say, I don't know if any employers would be unfussed if someone turned up for work drunk and obviously so.

I think that one of the main issues was the fact Lennon drove into training? Not sure that many employers would condone that. Have to say, I don't know if any employers would be unfussed if someone turned up for work drunk and obviously so.

Its a tricky one.
Yes, few employers would tolerate that - but in most jobs you just call in sick. Footballers cannot do that, they have to see clubs Drs.

Back in the good old days (2000-04-ish) my boss was still getting the beers in at 7 o'clock Friday lunchtime and my productivity then was never higher. Running around a bit was never involved, though.

Really hope there is significant substance to this brick ...

A player who has that much service and we could obviously do with, not even a fudging squad number ... really hope this is not just Poch's stubbornness

Really hope there is significant substance to this **** ...

A player who has that much service and we could obviously do with, not even a fudgeing squad number ... really hope this is not just Poch's stubbornness

It's someone's if it isn't Pochs

Lots of revisinism now re Lennon...it's like we've forgotten how medicre he had been for a LOOOOOONG time, when what he was being lauded for was his 'defensive work'...
I don't think anyone is making out Lennon was a brilliant player, it's just that he was a hell of a lot better than Lamela is.

He's clearly better than Lamela although that's hardly difficult is it?

However, his behaviour issues are out of line as mentioned in here, all true, he needs selling quickly. Once him and Ade are gone that's the last of ' The bad eggs'.

Back