• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

I read rumours about a swap with Mirallas where we pay about £3,5 mill and get Mirallas. Can't find the page now though...

I read rumours about a swap with Mirallas where we pay about £3,5 mill and get Mirallas. Can't find the page now though...

It's in the transfer rumours thread .. personally I don't see it as a great deal.

Really hope we learnt our lesson with the last Everton player we bought.

Mirallas and McCarthy are not a step up, and not going to walk into the first 11. If we are buying players for cover, we might as well use the academy players

The right side of the pitch for me is a weakness. On the left we have options and a lot of depth right the way down the chain. Chadli is likely to start with Pritchard probably being the first choice backup. Outside of that we can play Eriksen there when we need more strength through the middle and Oduwa could follow up after that. On the right though we have poor options. Lamela and Townsend really need to step up their game this year and I honestly think we would be better off selling Townsend and bringing in someone else (don't ask me who). Mirallas to my mind isn't the right player and I'd rather have Lennon but if it's non footballing reason's that mean he isn't playing then fair enough.

It's in the transfer rumours thread .. personally I don't see it as a great deal.

Really hope we learnt our lesson with the last Everton player we bought.

Mirallas and McCarthy are not a step up, and not going to walk into the first 11. If we are buying players for cover, we might as well use the academy players

Mirallas as cover for the wide forward positions is probably better than our current options and as far as im aware we don't have any academy players ready for league football (counting Pritchard as a squad member now) we'd basically be upgrading on Lennon and Townsend whilst making a profit

What happened to Aaron? I know that he wasn't satisfied with playing a bit part role last season, but to now be training with the youth team? Has he offended Poch or any other from the staff, or done something serious to one of his teammates? I don't get it...

What happened to Aaron? I know that he wasn't satisfied with playing a bit part role last season, but to now be training with the youth team? Has he offended Poch or any other from the staff, or done something serious to one of his teammates? I don't get it...
Yeah, there has to be something more than is known publically. Stambouli was practically sold and he was still training with the 1st team.

it's probably just standard procedure ahead of a move - less intensive training so as to not risk injury?

No I think something has been said or done by Azza which is a real shame I love Azza!

Its also not a great way to treat a player who has given us 10 years service. In saying that he's now a multimillionaire because of us.

I really hope he hasnt burnt his bridges with the 1st team. I remember reading something around December when we played Chelsea away and he was supposedly given a gonad*ing at half time which he didnt take well. Dont think he played again after that thinking about it

Think its a bit harsh to treat the longest serving player? we have like that. If he has done something wrong then ok but if not then thats no right.

I understand that Lennon will be leaving, but I think it is a real shame that a player that has been here so long and has done some very good things for us has to leave us in this way. He has been here for 10 years and there have been some very good times. Remember when we destroyed Wigan 9:1? He so destroyed Edman that day that he never played for Wigan again.

And yeah, he only scored 26 league goals for us but who remember we have never lost a league game that Lennon scored in :D

And who can forget that winning goal against Chelsea or that equalising goal against the Goons in the 4:4? Those were the day

A real shame that Poch played Lennon on the left flank because he likes inverted wingers because he looked like he had got the spark back into his game at Everton while playing on the right flank.

If he does go back to Everton I for one will be giving him a standing ovation when he comes back to the Lane

Timmy always had nice things to say about Lennon. Could see him going to Villa actually

Back