• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Maybe, but we would be better with him then Townsend.

I would suggest that in the 12 months prior to his move he was giving us nothing offensively. He simply stopped attempting to run at the left full back and provided zero service for our strike force. And when he stopped playing as a right winger what is the point? When you are playing as 3 attacking players playing behind a single striker there is no point in picking you if the only worthwhile thing you can do is defend

And being a Lennon fan this is the first time I have criticised him on this forum.

Never seen him run so much and playing so direct during yesterdays game at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Got the penalty as well.

Teams don't give us that sort of space.

He's no use playing when teams sit deep like they do against us. That's why we use inverted wingers like Chadli, Lamela and Townsend

Teams don't give us that sort of space.

He's no use playing when teams sit deep like they do against us. That's why we use inverted wingers like Chadli, Lamela and Townsend

Really wouldn't mind him as an option other than our switch Townsend/Lamela and hope something changes.

Our RW is painfully our weak link now.

Really wouldn't mind him as an option other than our switch Townsend/Lamela and hope something changes.

Our RW is painfully our weak link now.

Lennon is the past. Too one-dimensional and not disciplined/dedicated enough.

If we want more options at RWF, better to give Pritchard or Miller a run there.

Too one-dimensional and not disciplined/dedicated enough when compared to Townsend?? Lennon would track back and help out the defence a hell of a lot more than Townsend ever would.

Too one-dimensional and not disciplined/dedicated enough when compared to Townsend?? Lennon would track back and help out the defence a hell of a lot more than Townsend ever would.

Off field

I've always said Lennon is a good defensive player. In fact I've been saying for about 18 months that we should have tried to convert him into a RB

Not sure why we are comparing Townsend/Lennon? It is like having a debate about who is the least useless. The reality is that both aren't anywhere near good enough for where we aspire to be.

Its about who would have been more useful to the team until the end of the season.

Neither Lamela/Townsend is working out, neither can claim the right wing spot.
Lennon has his issues, but he's predictable, could put a shift in, provide some width, protect Walker (who seems to need it right now)

Personally think Poch missed the boat here, Lennon may not have been the long term first choice, but he could have played a role, and could have been a decent #2 RW

Its about who would have been more useful to the team until the end of the season.

Neither Lamela/Townsend is working out, neither can claim the right wing spot.
Lennon has his issues, but he's predictable, could put a shift in, provide some width, protect Walker (who seems to need it right now)

Personally think Poch missed the boat here, Lennon may not have been the long term first choice, but he could have played a role, and could have been a decent #2 RW

Poch has shown extreme patience and willingness to give game time to some players that have been performing far from brilliantly for us this season. Look no further than our backup striker against United.

If Lennon had responded well to Poch I don't think Poch would have "missed the boat".

Poch has shown extreme patience and willingness to give game time to some players that have been performing far from brilliantly for us this season. Look no further than our backup striker against United.

If Lennon had responded well to Poch I don't think Poch would have "missed the boat".

I hope so, I am more likely to believe it was a 3 into 2 decision and the future promise of Lamela/Townsend was given preference. And I suspect we will sell both in summer.

It's horribly obvious now that our RW is a weakness unless Walker plays out of his skin, whatever issues had, opposing teams didn't target Lennon as a weakness.

I hope so, I am more likely to believe it was a 3 into 2 decision and the future promise of Lamela/Townsend was given preference. And I suspect we will sell both in summer.

It's horribly obvious now that our RW is a weakness unless Walker plays out of his skin, whatever issues had, opposing teams didn't target Lennon as a weakness.

Poch has gotten good results focusing on the players that have responded to him. Putting a lot of emphasis on effort in games and on the training pitch it seems. Players that haven't responded well or haven't been ready to put that kind of effort in have been marginalized. Long term I think that will do us a world of good and I would rather see that strategy over short term solutions based on who "can do a job".

Not sure why we are comparing Townsend/Lennon? It is like having a debate about who is the least useless. The reality is that both aren't anywhere near good enough for where we aspire to be.
Got to dissagree there, I do think Townsend is good enough, and if Everton don't keep Lennon then it may just be the kick up the arse he needs to get him to pull his finger out.

Got to dissagree there, I do think Townsend is good enough, and if Everton don't keep Lennon then it may just be the kick up the arse he needs to get him to pull his finger out.
Lennon is a lost cause. Townsend does have potential. But what he is showing for us has 't been anywhere near good enough.

Lennon is a lost cause. Townsend does have potential. But what he is showing for us has 't been anywhere near good enough.

People are unlikely to change opinions, I agree Lennon stagnated, however

Really can't remember times we needed to take Lennon off because his side of the pitch was being targeted and we were falling apart. Something unfortunately that can't be said with Lamela/Townsend.

I suspect our RW next year will be none of the three

People are unlikely to change opinions, I agree Lennon stagnated, however

Really can't remember times we needed to take Lennon off because his side of the pitch was being targeted and we were falling apart. Something unfortunately that can't be said with Lamela/Townsend.

I suspect our RW next year will be none of the three

Very few players come back from a loan deal at that age to establish themselves in the team again.

I don't think Lennon was sent out on loan purely because of his strengths and weaknesses on the pitch. If he comes back a changed man after half a season at Everton, perhaps he could have a future with us. I think more likely he will be one of those we look to unload come the summer.

Everton are playing 4-3-3 with Azza top right. I assume this means no defensive responsibility... Again they are wi... oops - now drawing. How has he played without having to defend (I assume)?

Back