• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Good luck to him, if, based on transfer fee's alone, Soldado is the worst signing we have ever made*, Aaron Lennon is arguably the best.

*which he clearly isn't

Surprised Poch really didn't fancy Lennon at all - I get that he doesn't seem to like width, but I would have thought Azza would be a great fit for the high intensity pressing.

Surprised Poch really didn't fancy Lennon at all - I get that he doesn't seem to like width, but I would have thought Azza would be a great fit for the high intensity pressing.

There must be some reason other than football which forced Lennon out of Spurs. I always felt Lennon was a bit mentally weak and indiscplined looking at his off-the field photos of him drinking. I still remember a league match under Redknapp, when Lennon decided to walk off the field complaining of injury despite us already making 3 subs. That left us to play with only 10 men for the remainder of that match. That influenced Redknapp so much he would rarely use all the 3 subs from that day onwards. That convinced me to think Lennon is not strong enough mentally to force himself to play for the team. Now we hear of tough training sessions under Pochettino. I have a feeling Lennon was unable to force himself during the training sessions.

I still remember a league match under Redknapp, when Lennon decided to walk off the field complaining of injury despite us already making 3 subs. That left us to play with only 10 men for the remainder of that match. That influenced Redknapp so much he would rarely use all the 3 subs from that day onwards. That convinced me to think Lennon is not strong enough mentally to force himself to play for the team. Now we hear of tough training sessions under Pochettino. I have a feeling Lennon was unable to force himself during the training sessions.

Alternatively, he is mentally strong enough to resist peer pressure and management pressure. We'll probably never know but I don't recall anyone ever kicking him out of a game, so I think he is a tough little tyke.

Alternatively, he is mentally strong enough to resist peer pressure and management pressure. We'll probably never know but I don't recall anyone ever kicking him out of a game, so I think he is a tough little tyke.

Could not agree more, and if I remember well Lennon did have a injury that game which kept him out for a good while.

Theoretically a great fit.

Poch demands a lot though, not just on the pitch, but off it too. The double training sessions, pushing yourself to improve, putting the work in every day in training.

I like Lennon, but his is a story of unfulfilled potential. Not entirely surprised that him and Poch weren't a great match.

Give him the ball when he's moving and he's good to go.

Recently we would let him run, but use him as a distraction - or give it to him when he's returning or even when he has less space than the passer.

Still think he should be there for us

It doesn't matter, he wouldnt even be in the match day squad. Poch doesnt fancy him.
Better that he is showing what he can do on loan.

I am very curious as to why Poch doesn't fancy him. While his attacking product is not as good as it could be he pretty much always put in a solid defensive shift and understood the importance of helping out his full back.

Back